Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply PathWays
DB's Ecclectic Christian Heresy. Oaths added. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:51 pm
Maze
Gho the Girl
Made a section on the Dichotomies, as well as a "Nature of Mother and Father" section. Does it answer some of your questions?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

?
Actually, yeah, totally.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:52 pm
Gho the Girl
Actually, yeah, totally.

Okay. That part's clear, then.  

Maze

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:59 am
Updated with two new sections.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:54 am
If you could, the next time you update mark what you edit/update with either bold or an 'edited' or 'updated' tag, that would be easier for us reading to find what, exactly, was changed.

I can also recommend a list of 'things changed then and then' at the end or somewhere, at least, for reference.

Now. XD *goes to try and find what was changed*

.. Or not, as I'm being drafted. XD; I'll read upon my return!  

Maze

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:29 am
Maze
If you could, the next time you update mark what you edit/update with either bold or an 'edited' or 'updated' tag, that would be easier for us reading to find what, exactly, was changed.

I can also recommend a list of 'things changed then and then' at the end or somewhere, at least, for reference.

Now. XD *goes to try and find what was changed*

.. Or not, as I'm being drafted. XD; I'll read upon my return!
*nods nods* makes sense. I can't tell what I did change, but from now on, i"ll bold additions and make a post saying it was updated.

ALSO: we totally see you behind that bush.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:52 pm
Quote:
It is the interaction of these dichotmousforces and energy that make creation possible.

Dichotomous.

Regarding True Names; You say they are like social security numbers in that they are unique? If you do not know everybody's True Name due to some Leet Hax, though, how do you know this for certain? Is this implied in the concept of 'True Names'? Were you told, and if so, by whom? Where did you run into this?

For that matter, have you ever heard of someone 'hacking' someone else's True Name and - XD; Excuse the web-speak - using their 'account' to perpetrate some act or pass on some faulty information?

Just curious.

I look forward to reading about your rituals.

Also, for the lay-out of your post, I can also recommend bolding the titles of the bits, and then creating a slightly more structured lay-out.

And when you update saying you changed something, or added something to a section, feel free to point out, what, exactly you added. 3nodding

Regarding my avatar: LIES! ninja  

Maze

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:34 pm
Maze
Quote:
It is the interaction of these dichotmousforces and energy that make creation possible.

Dichotomous.
Thanks for the catch. I'll fix when I'm not drunk xd
Quote:

Regarding True Names; You say they are like social security numbers in that they are unique? If you do not know everybody's True Name due to some Leet Hax, though, how do you know this for certain? Is this implied in the concept of 'True Names'? Were you told, and if so, by whom? Where did you run into this?
I don't actually remember. But the spirits I've worked with have always had a certain resistment to letting things be known about them, so I have always had to vaguely describe them.

To be honest, I don't know if I'm right about True Names. I'm a little drunk right now, but I honestly have no idea why I added True Names other than some fluff like "Oh well that seems to make sense."
Quote:

For that matter, have you ever heard of someone 'hacking' someone else's True Name and - XD; Excuse the web-speak - using their 'account' to perpetrate some act or pass on some faulty information?
No. Not to my memory. I mean, other than through vary distant sources, people controlling others. Never a first hand account.

I don't know, I feel that working with spirits is a very intimate experience. It's one of trust, one that can be abused and bite you in the a**, but there's something special about opening your body and soul to these other entites, sort of like sex is special in that you open your bed and reveal yourself to another person. Looking back, I guess I might have just created "true name" to simplify this experience of sharing trust, nakedness, vulnerability, etc.
Quote:

Just curious.
I'm glad you are. Thank you, I see I haven't been as self-scrutinizing as I should be.
Quote:

I look forward to reading about your rituals.
I haven't quite formalised them yet. It's hard living at home, I rarely have the solitude or security that I won't freak out my family if something goes wrong.
Quote:

Also, for the lay-out of your post, I can also recommend bolding the titles of the bits, and then creating a slightly more structured lay-out.
Yes, I was thinking of doing that, but I've been so busy lately, I apologise. LIfe seriously jumped into hyperspeed lately.
Quote:

And when you update saying you changed something, or added something to a section, feel free to point out, what, exactly you added. 3nodding

Regarding my avatar: LIES! ninja
ORLY? *takes out ninja spotting goggles*  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:26 am
UPDATED BITCHES HOO-AH! biggrin  

Gho the Girl

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:55 pm
Your True Name concept sounds similar to a concept I've had for a while, I called it a Soul Name. A Soul Name is a name that you keep from life to life and in-between. A Soul Name has power so should be kept secret, some people just know theirs while others have to search, UPG most animals know their Soul Names. I came up with this concept several years ago when I had hoards of cats in my barn (this sounds stupid and a little insane but work with me for just a bit).
EDIT
So when there were little ones I'd pick them up look them in the eyes and ask "So what is your name little one?" Sometimes a name would pop into my head, and from that time on if I said that name that cat would come running. I never had to do any training, no treats, no physical rewards, just say the name and suddenly there was the cat. I later treid this with some of my goat kids, same results. Over time I had several cats and goats die, as all things do, but then later new were born and I'd repeat my "What is your name?" with each litter and every now and then names would come up again. The new cats who's names matched theose who had passed had incredibly similar personalities, and answered to the name same as the previous cats. Not all of them would "tell" me their names, but the few who did were significant enough to me that I started thing about this. It really solidified for me with my most reacent cat Shearaha. I had had one 12 years ago who told me her name was Shearaha, she died from complications with pregnancy. The present Shearaha is from the last litter of the previous Shearaha's mother. She had a very diffrent personality with strangers, but the previous Sheraha had been hurt by strangers who came to our farm. My present Shearaha was fostered by me to be adopted, she was adopted three times and returned, so I kept her. With me she is the same as the previous Shearaha.

So from all of this I think that we all have a name that follows us, it can change as time goes on, but it's more of an adding to, not taking away. The name is a way of describing us and because of how well it describes us it has some power over us. Oi, I hope that some of that made sense.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:06 pm
Shearaha
Your True Name concept sounds similar to a concept I've had for a while, I called it a Soul Name. A Soul Name is a name that you keep from life to life and in-between. A Soul Name has power so should be kept secret, some people just know theirs while others have to search, UPG most animals know their Soul Names. I came up with this concept several years ago when I had hoards of cats in my barn (this sounds stupid and a little insane but work with me for just a bit)

Will be back in a bit have to get home from work
*nods* In my concept, the name can change or grow depending if something significant enough occurs.  

Gho the Girl

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:46 am
Gho the Girl
Shearaha
Your True Name concept sounds similar to a concept I've had for a while, I called it a Soul Name. A Soul Name is a name that you keep from life to life and in-between. A Soul Name has power so should be kept secret, some people just know theirs while others have to search, UPG most animals know their Soul Names. I came up with this concept several years ago when I had hoards of cats in my barn (this sounds stupid and a little insane but work with me for just a bit)

*nods* In my concept, the name can change or grow depending if something significant enough occurs.
In a similar way, would you suggest that individuals who go through subtle shifts on a regular basis may not respond to what their True Name had been a few days before?

Would a shift in mood, for example, cause a shift in True Name, in so much that a mood would now be an element of the individual that it had not been twenty seconds ago?

Also- are Mother and Father thoughtforms?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:20 am
TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl
Shearaha

In a similar way, would you suggest that individuals who go through subtle shifts on a regular basis may not respond to what their True Name had been a few days before?

Would a shift in mood, for example, cause a shift in True Name, in so much that a mood would now be an element of the individual that it had not been twenty seconds ago?
If that mood was outside the scope of moods that this person was capable of, then no. I and many others exist in spectrums. But my Truename wouldn't encompass just what I am at this moment, it would encompass all that I am.

But then again, that is also a bit problematic, as with each growing day, I change and grow.

Hummmm
Quote:

Also- are Mother and Father thoughtforms?
How would I know?  

Gho the Girl

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:39 pm
Gho the Girl
If that mood was outside the scope of moods that this person was capable of, then no. I and many others exist in spectrums. But my Truename wouldn't encompass just what I am at this moment, it would encompass all that I am.

But then again, that is also a bit problematic, as with each growing day, I change and grow.

Hummmm
Curious no? wink

Perhaps think of it this way- If my True Name was Mary St. Vincent Emmerson, there are a number of different ways one can say that- hard A in Mary- MAAAAAAAAAry, Or mayhaps even with a slight "Ih" sound instead of a heavy A. Kind of like a "Mairy"? The subtle shift in phonemes could be reflective of the True Name at any given moment. This isn't based on obliterating the True Name of ten hours ago- but merely in the subtle shifts that most people go through every moment?

Quote:
How would I know?
Was this already answered? Or would you like to discuss it further?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:22 pm
TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl

Hummmm
Curious no? wink

Perhaps think of it this way- If my True Name was Mary St. Vincent Emmerson, there are a number of different ways one can say that- hard A in Mary- MAAAAAAAAAry, Or mayhaps even with a slight "Ih" sound instead of a heavy A. Kind of like a "Mairy"? The subtle shift in phonemes could be reflective of the True Name at any given moment. This isn't based on obliterating the True Name of ten hours ago- but merely in the subtle shifts that most people go through every moment?
*nods nods* That would also explain why the way I've been using it doesn't always work. 3nodding Gotcha gotcha.
Quote:

Quote:
How would I know?
Was this already answered? Or would you like to discuss it further?
Thanks to skype, both surprised  

Gho the Girl

Adalyna

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:13 pm
I guess I don't have anything to contribute but I wanted to say I like what I see and I'll be watching for updates!  
PathWays

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff