Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Extended Discussion
Do gothic people have it harder at school than nerds? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do u think?
  yes
  no
View Results

broken_joker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:24 pm
When I was in school I don't have those sorts of problems - we goths (& metalheads, emos, rockers, scene kids, punks etc) ruled the school.

Teachers loved us, because we made an effort - even if it was a small one. We did show them the respect they wanted (in return they respected us)...although I do think they were slightly afraid of us.

Yeah, life was easy once I embraced who I really was and stopped fighting it. I went from zero to hero in the space of a week. Suddenly, everyone wanted to know me.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:12 pm
Uh I guess at the high school I attended no one cared about this. I belonged to both clicks and it really wasn't bad at all in either.  

AbsintheGorgon

mechanical kitsy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:27 pm
i was really smart, but got really bad grades, and quit school. various reasons for the last two comments.
well i should say i am really smart.
but i wasn't well liked in school, so i had very very few friends.
and there was very few full out goths in the high school i went to. hell of a lot of posers, but thats it.
anyways i dropped out, got my diploma, and go to college now.
college isn't any different except most of the students dont live with their parents now.
i'm a nerd and a geek and goth. =P  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:35 am
I actually get picked on less then the nerds do at my school, people just give me weird looks and walk away. As for the nerds, well they have it really hard. I have a friend named Krystal and she's quite the nerd and she gets picked on and put down everyday.  

MissHorrorstar

Camorelle

Shameless Stalker

13,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:03 am
not all goths have hard times at school  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:01 pm
i protect my houner and so get in alot of fight protecting alot of my friends cause they get bulley cuaes they are goth . but people dont miss with me cuase they know wat well happen  

pain of lust

Spike23080

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:30 pm
In highschool everyone was afraid of me but in colleg I have no prob. In colleg alot of ppl dont even mined the way I am.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:56 am
Really, it depends on the individual. If you're obnoxious and arrogant then you're going to have a hard time no matter who you are. I'm not saying anyone here is that way, but it's the truth. I have no problem at school, everyone is either in awe or scared of me.

ChiRubian

theEmocarebear

Playful Player

10,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:08 pm
Nope, but that's only because people tend to be more hesitant or scared of Goths than they are of your average nerd, in my opinion.

Totally annoying; it's like 'cause you're gothic you're unapproachable.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:55 pm
My school is rather messed up - like there is no "popular" clique or anything.
There's football players in the Chess Club.
The real nerds at my school are usually the Anime Club kids, but those are mostly freshmen.
I have never been bullied, once in awhile made fun of, but usually I get along with everyone.
Besides, there's only two goths in my school (I'm one of them), then there's gaggles of scene kids, emos, modern-punks, skaters, 'gangstas', and every thing else.  

LaceyBones

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:36 pm
Would like to point out:

Goth is a choice.

Nerd is genetic.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:36 pm
Rellik San
Would like to point out:

Goth is a choice.

Nerd is genetic.
It runs in the family.

pirate  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Monsterr Teen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:39 pm
Some of the lil kids are afraid of me....
Some think I'm weird..
But I get along with my class, I got invited to the quincia~eros, parties & hang with them in the mall. The younger...rockers i suppose...talk to me & I also hang with them.

So....not that much difficulty other than the whole.."damm! No one who really shares my interests!" stare  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:32 pm
well nobody really like me at school so im sorta an outcast but sometimes i talk to my preppy friends ,once in a while, but i think nerds have it worse...cause ppl just stare at me and put disgusted faces on but that doesnt bother me...:-]  

bittersweet world girl

SADERR

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:36 pm
-l-GothicBooBitchCrafe-l-
i protect my houner and so get in alot of fight protecting alot of my friends cause they get bulley cuaes they are goth . but people dont miss with me cuase they know wat well happen

ENGLISH -- DO YOU SPEAK IT?
For god's sakes, we even have spellcheck, so no excuses there.

And on the topic of goths//nerds.. I'm going to a highschool for the arts. I know a lot of people so far, and everyone tends to get along. Sure, there's the hiearchy, but it's not as strong as other schools.
Also, I've found most goths and nerds get along very well. And the metalheads and goths get along. But the metalheads and nerds usually don't.
What a pain in the a** that is.  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces