Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 03 One-on-One RPs
Drama is a four lettered word... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tir Malice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:17 pm
User Image

Jet Black

Jet was slightly taken aback by the tone of her reply, but he didn't let it show, instead he took a breath, more for her sake than his and repled. "Ok, its ok. I don't live very far from here, I can ask my mother to give you a ride home, I'll just tell her you are over to study for a bit, and we can use that time to go over our project a little, ok?" He cocked his head a little and gave her a sincere smile. "Now, just calm down, tell me what you're looking for and I'll help you find it."

He took his backpack off, walked next to her and set it on the table. That's probably the most excited I've ever seen her! He looked at her expectantly.

He knew that his mother wouldn't mind giving her a ride home, after all, he had friends over all the time, but he was more concerned about her. She seemed really worked up, she must have lost something very important.

His thoughts then went to Ricky and James, they would be waiting for him at the movies tonight, he would just have to tell them why he wasn't able to make it tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:59 pm
"...How can you expect someone to love you... User Image

------Sage Green------

Sage took two huge deep breaths, and replied in her normal soft whisper.
" Al-Alright...Are you sure she won't mind?" Sage looked down at Jets' feet then added " I left my script here at lunch. Sorry I shouted at you, I just....Don't...Wanna ask Huber for another script, 'cause I left early."
Sage pulled herself on top of the table, next to Jet's Back pack. Sage frowned slightly, she wasn't looking forward to explaining to her grandma ovrer the phone that she was at a boy's house. Grandma Sophia didn't even let her go over to Bob's house,and she has met him on several occasions. Sage chuckled to her self, Maybe that's why she won't let me. Last time Bob was over he had called her a old dried up hag within ol' Sophia's listening distance...After he left Sage wasn’t allowed to eat dinner, Grandma had made her favorite dish that night Spaghetti and meat balls, lime sherbet for dessert.

Sage swung her legs back and forth under the table careful not to kick Jet. Sage turned her thought back to Jet, it was really nice of him to offer her a ride home. Sage was glad Huber paired them up, Jet was so nice, and cute. The cutest boy in school even, and a great actor. Sage Blushed when she had those thought’s. No... I can't have a crush on him now, that would make things...Complicated. She had problems enough dealing with seeing Bob everyday, knowing that he didn't...Sage shook her head from side to side, to get those thought’s out of her brain, but the vision of Jet's wonderful smile keep flashing in her mind's eye. Sage blushed and looked down when she realized that she was acting strange. I am such an idiot.

...When you can't even love yourself..."
User Image  

lucidVisionOfLife

Questionable Genius

Tir Malice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:49 am
User Image

Jet Black

Jet nodded his understanding, and watched as she blushed a little. He looked away, not wanting to embarrass her by noticing. Oh, jeez . . . what to do, what to do. Looking for a script in all of the mess of papers here would take hours. Suddenly he got an idea, he moved right in front of Sage while bending down to pick up his copy of the script.

He stood back up and showed it to her. "Well, how about this, when we get to my house, we can just make a copy of mine." He handed her his copy to hold, when she took it, he smiled at her again.

"And don't worry, I have friends over all the time, she won't mind." Actually, that was kind of a lie. Actually, his mom would be excited that he was having a guest over, at least, a girl anyway.

+Flashback+

It was a year earlier. Tears were streaming down Jets face as he looked at the picture of Megan. It doesn't make sense . . . why? It has to be me . . . there is no other explination. He looked at his hand . . . the docters said that it would scar him for life, the wound through his hand. He had tried to stop her, but he was too late. After her mother and sister died of the same disease, she wasn't the same. He had come over for a visit to find her door open, her in the bathtub downstairs, water running. He had slipped and fallen on the razor, cutting his hand. He tried to bandage her, keep her alive, he carried her to the living room and called the paramedics . . . but it was too late. All she kept saying was "I'm sorry, Jet."

he was in the midst of remembering, fresh tears streaming down his face when his mom opened the door. "Jet?"

Jet quickly dried his eyes as looked at his mother. "Yes Mom?"

She looked at him sadly, she knew how much this hurt him, a little more every time. Ten girlfriends, all of them dying, and still he found the courage to love again, she was afraid that he was going to break down. "Listen Jet . . . "

+End Flashback+

"So, how does that sound?"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:29 pm

------Sage Green------

Sage clutched the script in her close to her chest and replied with a slight smile." That's a good Idea..." She was about to reply Sounds like a plan, but she was distracted by the image of Bob dashing through the glass doors of the food court.
" HA!...Green! I found you!" Bob rested his hands on his legs and took a few moments to catch his breath. "We missed you at lunch! I didn't even Know you left class early! But that James kid told me you bolted out of there. We searched for you as best as we could, but we had to go meet Marty at the Applebee's for lunch money! I found this,"Bob held up a bundle of papers that resembled the ones she held in her hand,
" at your usual loner table-"
Bob was cut off when Sage lunged off the table and preceded to give him a monster bear hug. " You found it!"
Bob chuckled and returned the hug by swinging her around in a circle.
When he put her down, he whispered, " Was he mean to you ? Cause ya know I'll ******** him up."
Sage shook her head and whispered back, " No, he's really nice."
Sage sighed inwardly, it hurt her to have Bob so close knowing that it was if was friendly and nothing more.

Bob smiled and hooked his arm in hers.
" Excuse me sir, but I must steal this young lady from you for a moment."
Sage looked at Jet and shrugged as she was being lead away, she had no idea what Bob wanted.

Bob lead Sage to the far end of the Food court.
"He's cute." Sage shot him a look " I'm just sayin'... Alright Green, I was wondering -"
"You found her!" Raven practically smashed in to Sage with a giant bear hug , for that was their greeting ritual.
" Yes. She's fine, I think she left cause she has to perform her first stage kiss." Sage blushed and smacked Bob in the gut.
"OoF... Touchy much? Jeez."
Raven giggled and replied, "Well at least he's cute.
" That's What I said!" Bob chipped in.
Bob ran his fingers through his longish black hair,
"Well Green we got's to go, we both have to meet up with our partners, and you have to get back to yours." Bob raised his eyebrows suggestively.
"Anyway, have fun..."
Raven headed out the door first, just before Bob followed her out, he handed Sage her script as he hastily whispered,
"Call me as soon as you get home! There will be lime sherbet in it for you tomorrow morning, so don't forget."

Sage wondered what he'd wanted to ask her. He was acting awfully chipper today, more than usual. It must be a favor, since he bribed me with sherbet. Sage smiled apologetically to Jet. "Sorry, well problem solved I guess?" She handed Jet his script and shoved hers under her arm. " So we can head out now If you're ready..."

User Image  

lucidVisionOfLife

Questionable Genius

Tir Malice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:38 pm
User Image

Jet Black

Jet smiled as she walked back. Why is it, for some reason I was feeling jealous just now? He cleared his head of thoughts and brought them back to the present. "Great! Lets go!" He picked up his bag and helped her collect hers.

They walked outside, it was a nice day outside, not too warm, not to cold, great weather to walk home in. As they started down the street, it was totally quiet, awkwardly so.

Jet was starting to get uncomfortable. "So, uh . . . was that your boyfriend?"  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:54 pm

------Sage Green------

Sage was caught off guard by his question. She was quiet for while she kept her gaze at the ground. A sad look formed on her face, Sage's heart felt like it was being squeezed by a metal vise. I want him to be but, he doesn't... "No, That was Bob..." Sage fought back the tears that were trying to form in her eyes. " Bob and Raven are my best friends, we met in beginning drama freshman year..." Sage blushed when she realized her first response implied that she had a boyfriend, and for some odd reason she didn't want him to think she did. " Oh, and I don''t have one...A boyfriend I mean."
Sage decided it was the best to change the subject since he was insistent on conversation. Sage didn't want to talk about Bob or boyfriends any more it hurt too much. " So, when we get to your house. I need to use the phone. Is that ok?"

User Image  

lucidVisionOfLife

Questionable Genius

Tir Malice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:52 pm
User Image

Jet Black

Oops, I guess I hit a sore subject. He caught the sad face and the tears in her eyes. For some odd reason, he wanted to hug her, and tell her "Everything's ok" when he saw her sad, like earlier, when she was crying at the bulletin board.

"Yeah, that's fine. Do you have to tell your mom that you'll be late?" He allowed her to change the subject, not wanting to push anything. He watched her face, since she seemed to refuse to look at him, or, anything but the sidewalk, really.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:30 pm

------Sage Green------

Sage winced when she heard that word. Mom. Sage was used to that sort of thing. Used to people assuming she had a mother. It was a normal thing after all, having a mother. They didn't know, it's not like she wore a flashing sign that read." My mom is dead." Sage hated explaining to people that her mom was gone, but she hated lying about it, because the truth always came back to bite her in the behind. Sage let out a distressed sigh and replied in a very low whisper. " My mother died when I was three." She looked up at him briefly and smiled halfheartedly to let him know she wasn't mad. Sage looked back down at the rough gray side walk, stepping on every crack as she walked.

User Image  

lucidVisionOfLife

Questionable Genius

Tir Malice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:42 pm
User Image

Jet Black

Jet stared into her eyes as she looked at him with that sad smile. Oh no . . . I didn't mean to upset her., he thought, his head spinning. And when she pulled her eyes away from him to look at the sidewalk again, he felt his heart break. He stopped walking and instinctively reached to put a hand on her shoulder, but stopped short.

He withdrew his hand and watched her, as she sullenly walked on. He felt tears welling. All he had done since earlier today was say things that made her sad. Why, Jet, you idiot, why can't you say something to cheer her up?

"Uh . . . ."
Was all he could manage. He felt for this girl, he wished he could do something to make her happy, he wanted to see her smile.

They walked the rest of the way in silence. When they reached his house, his mother greeted them at the door.

"Hi Jet! And who is this lovely young lady?" His mom was always her bright uplifting self.

"Oh, hey mom! This is Sage, she's my partner for my Drama project. She came over to study for a bit, but I kind of told her that you'd be willing to give her a ride home, you don't mind do you?"

His mom smiled at Sage. "Not a problem at all. Make yourself at home." She started walking toward the kitchen. "Can I get you something to eat or drink, Sage?"  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:58 pm

------Sage Green------

Sage didn't mean be cruel with the one liner in all, but it was all she could think of in response. Before she knew it they were at Jets' door step. Jet's mother was nice, she often wondered what it would be like if hers hadn't been killed. Lovely riiight... Sage's gaze was set on Mrs' Blacks feet, Sage felt if she looked at Jet's mom she would just upset herself more. " Um, no thank you Mrs. Black I am still very full from lunch." Sage replied in the sweetest tone she could muster, mothers deserved to be treated sweetly, especially someone as nice as Jet's mom. Sage followed Jet inside, it smelled lovely like orange scented candles. Jet's house was a lot larger than hers, and more friendly. " So where are we going to practice?" Sage asked Jet, in a slightly more uplifting tone than usual, for some reason she felt at home here.

User Image  

lucidVisionOfLife

Questionable Genius

Tir Malice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:13 pm
User Image

Jet Black

Jet for some reason felt better when she asked in such an uplifted manner. "Um, I have plenty of space upstairs in my room, if you want to go there?"

He lead the way up the stairs to his room. It was spotless, his walls were covered in Anime posters, all nicely framed. His desk had numerous models on it, and the bed looked ever so comfortable. He dropped his bag on the floor and ran over to his printer, starting to make a copy of the script for Sage. He motioned for Sage to sit on the bed.

When the copy finished printing he handed it to her, and sat on the bed next to her. His mind immediately went to work, forgetting completely that she said she needed to use the phone first.

"Ok, so, you ready?"  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:30 pm

------Sage Green------

(( Bob already gave Sage her copy, XD))
Sage followed Jet up the stairs into his room, It was nice, a lot cleaner than hers.
Sage Sat down on Jet's bed when he motioned her too. It was a lot softer than her old spring mattress on the floor. Sage knew she should call her grandmother before they started running through the scene, but she didn't want to be a bother. They were already here they might as well get it started.

Sage opened her script her line was first, so she started reading . She was very poor at cold reading, her choices were mostly bad and the rhythm choppy. But Jet of course, as always, was amazing. He made a few bad choices, but his execution was pretty much flawless. How am I ever going to have " All eyes on me" when he is audience candy? When the part with the kiss came ,Sage paused then finished the scene with her last line. Blocking was hard to do with a script in hand, practicing the kiss would come later when they were memorized, Sage hoped so any way. " That was terrible! I'm sorry, I suck at cold reading..."

User Image  

lucidVisionOfLife

Questionable Genius

Tir Malice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:48 pm
User Image

Jet Black

"No, don't say that, it just takes some time." He smiled at her. For some reason, he felt glad that she hadn't moved toward the kiss in the script. It never had before, but, for some reason, thinking about kissing her made him nervous. Instead, he was relieved to be able to focus on acting.

"Let's see, first, you're too rigid, try relaxing your shoulders to how you would normally be. Second, try to think like the character, don't be yourself reading the words, think how you would feel in the same situation."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:05 pm

------Sage Green------

" I know...It was the first time I really ever read it all the way through ya know?"
Sage felt a more at ease around Jet' than earlier, she even made an effort to look towards his face more.
Sage took in his advise, and took a few moments to create a character. She took in several deep breaths with her eyes closed, and imagined her self to be Sheila Hensley.
" Let's stand up." Sage stood up, when she opened her eyes she read the lines again, this time her choices were a little more dead on. There was a lot more passion in her voice as she portrayed Sheila. She even moved around the room more , motioned with her hands more. She backed way when she was supposed to and drew closer to him when the moment was right for it. The last line before the kiss was spoken in a whisper, Sage/Sheila looked deeply in Jet's/Darien's eye's...

User Image  

lucidVisionOfLife

Questionable Genius

Tir Malice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:35 pm
User Image

Jet Black

She was much better this time, so much so that Jet easily slipped into his character. He almost forgot where he was, up until the last line. He was so into his role he forgot that it was Sage in the room, and not Sheila. He drew close until their faces almost touched, he could feel her breath on his face, so warm.

It was then, so close together, that Sheila left his mind and Sage came clearly into focus . . .  
03 One-on-One RPs

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff