Reply Thread Archive {Hot topics}
Clothing Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xandris

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:49 pm
Honestly, it really doesn't matter how you're dressed as long as all important areas are covered. There's some guy out there who's turned on by a girl in jeans and and a T-shirt, and some woman who likes her guys in business suits, either of which you can see anywhere. Just try not to be overly provacative with the way you dress, but more importantly, the way you ACT.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:37 am
Xandris
Honestly, it really doesn't matter how you're dressed as long as all important areas are covered. There's some guy out there who's turned on by a girl in jeans and and a T-shirt, and some woman who likes her guys in business suits, either of which you can see anywhere. Just try not to be overly provacative with the way you dress, but more importantly, the way you ACT.

You're right ^^  

LadyAbiel

6,850 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Clambake 200

Ixor Firebadger

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:47 pm
I believe in some modesty but not to the point of not showing anything. I just don't show everything at once. The least modest thing I tend to wear is a baby tee and tighter pants (usually bondage pants xd ). If it's hot out, I'll wear a tank top and shorts. I have one that kinda tends emphasize my cleavage but I really don't care, I just wear it 'cause it's comfortable.

And you really can't take full responsibility for what a guy is thinking. Sure, you should try not to arouse those feelings in a guy, but he should also learn a little thing called self-control. And as Xandris (or the avater-formerly-known-as-Ryuu razz ) said, some guys are even turned on by women dressed more modestly. So you really can't win.

My ultimate opinion? Just wear what's cmfy.
To be honest, I mostly wear baggy jeans and t-shirts. And I do most of my shopping in the men's department. I can't stand chick clothes. They're uncomfortable and impractical. Give me loose shirts and pants with big pockets any day. 3nodding

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:01 pm
Ixor-san
To be honest, I mostly wear baggy jeans and t-shirts. And I do most of my shopping in the men's department. I can't stand chick clothes. They're uncomfortable and impractical. Give me loose shirts and pants with big pockets any day. 3nodding

I love practical women. wink  

Xandris

ClaranceSH

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:34 pm
I will give one guys perspective being I am only one person and a guy. I don't think women need to be in dress covered from head to toe, but modesty is something that should be practiced.

Guys need to recognize that they can dress immodestly as well as girls and to know the social norms as well as we can so as not to make our sisters in Christ or other people have another opportunity to sin.

In our society wearing dental floss to go swimming is definetly not modest and will be a tool in many a guy’s failure of mental purity. Midriff showing is more of a cause of stumbles than one covered and being that we need to prefer one another over our selves then I would say I won't wear a midriff showing shirt (you wouldn't want me to anyways its more likely to be cause of thoughts for suicide) and ask that girls please respect their bodies, the men around them, and the possible man who will be their spouse, to not show too much.

Wearing a swimming suit is fine, but wearing it someplace other than a place to go swimming is probably going to cause some guys to fail. Some will probably fail even at a swimming place with modest outfits but they will probably fall by looking at a girl period.

There was a time when I would not go to the beach because I knew I was too weak to go and it made it really hard when women would come into my job at the time (far from a beach or swimming pool) wearing bikinis which personally I think are like underwear and you wouldn't wear that in public. I know it is not the fault of the people who wear those things for my failing but in our society something’s are considered immodest and it would be beneficial to others to follow that. Not always for our own benefit but for others.

Once Adam and Eve ate from the tree they gained that knowledge of good and evil, since then we know what naked is and that it’s not ok to be so when we are in this fallen state.

It’s all about knowing the area you’re in and then trusting God to give you understanding as to what’s appropriate. I make sure my kilt goes to my knees though.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:37 pm
Autie Lady
zz1000zz
Autie Lady
Jesus said in Matt. 5:27-28 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

So I do not believe in encouraging lust, therefore causing a person to sin in their heart.

Clothing does not encourage lust. In societies where women covered their entire body, men would "be aroused" by the sight of an ankle displayed by the clothing slipping.

There is no indication lust has anything to do with clothing or lack thereof.

I am sorry, but I disagree.

There is no reason to apologize for disagreeing. However, if you are going to disagree, it is appropriate to explain why you disagree. It is awkward to simply say, "I think you are wrong."

Incidentally, is anyone else bothered to see everyone in this topic only discussing female clothing?

Edit: Of course, cross-posting issue defeats my last remark.  

zz1000zz
Crew

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:04 pm
ClaranceSH
In our society wearing dental floss to go swimming is definetly not modest and will be a tool in many a guy’s failure of mental purity. Midriff showing is more of a cause of stumbles than one covered and being that we need to prefer one another over our selves then I would say I won't wear a midriff showing shirt (you wouldn't want me to anyways its more likely to be cause of thoughts for suicide) and ask that girls please respect their bodies, the men around them, and the possible man who will be their spouse, to not show too much.

This is nonsense. How can you attribute the fault of lust to someone else's simple existence? Should we blame the rich for a person stealing? Should we blame food for the glutton eating?

A person should be free to wear any amount of clothing he or she wishes to wear. A person can incite lust with his or her actions no matter what clothing is worn, and the clothing has nothing to do with the lust.

ClaranceSH
Once Adam and Eve ate from the tree they gained that knowledge of good and evil, since then we know what naked is and that it’s not ok to be so when we are in this fallen state.

This makes no sense. Adam and Eve did not learn nakedness was bad. They simply learned to be ashamed of it. There is nothing to suggest nakedness was bad, and surely striving to be more like they were before the "fall" is not wrong.

Can anyone give a real reason why people should not be allowed to be naked around each other, if they are not bothered by it?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:59 pm
Xandris
Ixor-san

I love practical women. wink
Hee. Practical gamer women with Mountain Dew in their big pockets?

zz1000zz, now that you mention that. Though, I don't think guys have quite as much of a tendency to show off their bodies in quite the same way that women might be encouraged to. As I mentioned, they get all the comfortable, practical clothing. Unlike most things you find in the women's department, men's clothing isn't really designed to show anything off. So yeah, I guess I do have to say that it does bother me a bit, come to think of it.

Ixor Firebadger

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:31 pm
Ixor-san
zz1000zz, now that you mention that. Though, I don't think guys have quite as much of a tendency to show off their bodies in quite the same way that women might be encouraged to. As I mentioned, they get all the comfortable, practical clothing. Unlike most things you find in the women's department, men's clothing isn't really designed to show anything off. So yeah, I guess I do have to say that it does bother me a bit, come to think of it.

Men's clothing is actually designed to show off as much as women's clothing, just in different (often more subtle) ways. The main issue comes more in that women are perceived as more attractive, and thus they receive more focus.

The difference in genders for this issue probably comes from the historical difference in genders.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:52 pm
Meh. I guess I might also not notice it because I spent the last 27 years in a place that was usually too cold to even think about walking around in anything less than two layers of clothing. xp

Though, now that I think about it, I had a lot of 'gangsta' guys wandering about with their pants around their knees. rolleyes

Ixor Firebadger

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200

Priestley

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:15 pm
zz1000zz
Ixor-san

Men's clothing is actually designed to show off as much as women's clothing, just in different (often more subtle) ways. The main issue comes more in that women are perceived as more attractive, and thus they receive more focus.

The difference in genders for this issue probably comes from the historical difference in genders.

To further your point, I think, on a purely primitive level and depending on one's sexual preference (fetishism aside), one generally looks for the physical qualities most attractive in one's mate(s) as a measure of possible fitness of offspring.

There are different features of a masculine anatomy that might be seen as a measure of fitness compared with feminine anatomy. Secular dress tends to accentuate these features.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:59 pm
Xandris

What he said!  

freelance lover
Crew

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:12 pm
freelance lover
Xandris

What he said!

Personally, I disagree about "as long as all important areas are covered." Aside from societal reasons, I see no reason why nudity should be considered "bad."  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:20 pm
zz1000zz
Personally, I disagree about "as long as all important areas are covered." Aside from societal reasons, I see no reason why nudity should be considered "bad."

Well, I meant in public. Feel free to be naked at home as much as you like. mrgreen  

Xandris

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:35 pm
Xandris
zz1000zz

Well, I meant in public. Feel free to be naked at home as much as you like. mrgreen

I was not talking about in one's own home.  
Thread Archive {Hot topics}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff