16%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

Zapatorf
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:04 am
So, any particular reason for using a girl avi? XD  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:32 am
Lilmagical_star

One rather simple question: what's your favorite day of the week?

I'm a bit of a TGIF sort of person at least I used to be when I was younger but it still applies enough.

Zapatorf
So, any particular reason for using a girl avi? XD

I think the video game terminology that applies is (eye candy). But it has become much more than that, I coudln't do without now, I wuv my Avi.  

Moleje

Fairy Alchemist 96

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:29 am
What's your favourite book(I'm infecting your thread with my nerdiness,is that okay?)  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:42 am
lol... I'm going to be honest. I tried doing that in WoW for a while, but never could really do it. I eventually just stuck with my original guy character, whose name just so happened to be Zapatorf. I don't play anymore, because I can't afford it. XD

Speaking of WoW, or World of Warcraft, have you ever played it?  

Zapatorf
Crew

Eggmond
Crew

Dapper Fatcat

6,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:12 am
Favourite TV show?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:53 pm
Fairy Alchemist 96
What's your favourite book(I'm infecting your thread with my nerdiness,is that okay?)

#9 I seriously coudln't answer this question any other way, I've edited and quoted myself from a book disscusion thread so here it goes.

Moleje
My fav Fantasy books are...

I really only enjoyed The Hobbit, or There and Back Again J.R.R. Tolkien, though I really did dig the way that the Lord of the Nazgul was slain in Return of the King.

I totally agree on the checking out of Terry Pratchett and his Disc World Books the first of which is the
Color of Magic I think? So far so good. I've only read the first seven all hilarious.

Actually the first book I read by Terry was in a team up with Neil Gaiman called Good Omens, a funny heartfelt tale of the raising of the antichrist and his dog. There are continuous friendly debates between a demon and an angle which will also be a big draw to any reader of this novel.

Back to the fantasy side of things, if you like Disc World you'll probably enjoy the world of Xanth by
Piers Anthony which is also a very long but lovable series the first of which is the book
A Spell For Chameleon. I've read a good twenty of these but there are like seven more that I just can't find, this series is just so punny.

Also my favorite fantasy novels of all time, the easy but utterly charming to read books of Patricia C. Wrede. Her Enchanted Forest Chronicles really do make me all happy inside. Dealing with Dragons / Searching for Dragons / Calling on Dragons / Talking to Dragons.
A heroine is the centeral character and the focus doesn't drown you in as other characters become important.

These books were ment for younger readers but I think anyone could enjoy the stories within!

I can't stop I also like the Keys to the Kingdom Series by Garth Nix I've only read Mr. Monday but I know what I like. He also wrote the Abhorsen Trilogy a somewhat darker set of novels for the necro happy style of fantasy reader. Sabriel being the first of these.

I'm adding to this again!

EARTHSEA "TRILOGY" was the first fantasy series I read which led me to great things the author of which is Ursula K. LE Guin! I can't believe these were ment for teenage readers but I did read this when I was like seven so it might be harder than I remember.

Then there were the Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis.
Such a fluid believable world to me, making fantasy mix into reality without reality having a clue.

Also I have enjoyed the first two books of the (Whell of Time)/Robert Jordan series and intend to read the rest or die trying!

Well it was starting to feel like everyone and their grandmother had read this series but it is a favorite so I will finally add it, Harry Potter! I made a prediction back in book 5 but if I say anything it’s too much of a spoiler especially being that it came true. I like how involved the author J.K. Rowling is with her readers I think she once mentioned that she enjoys these books as much as we do, as in she’s a fan too if that makes sense. I strongly suggest http://www.jkrowling.com/ to any avid fan!

My most recent fav was a book by Patricia A McKillip's , The Forgotten Beasts of Eld. The main character is so powerful compared to the other forces in her world that she is mostly disconnected from society. Yet she is so graceful in her control over the beasts, she aslo has this amazing family like realationship with the animals that are bonded to her in what is a seemingly iraversable connection to her very being.
There is also a disconnected responisbility about the concerns of motherhood, sudden and suprising.

Moleje
My fav Sci-Fi books are!

Damia's Children by Anne Mccaffrey and the Rowan.

I'm pretty crap for not recalling witch comes first, I pick Rowan.

Psionics prejudiced by society living and loving in a futeristic space fairing universe, eventually needed by their people to kick alien hive butt, so cool.

Loved them all.

Orson Scott Card wrote these little lovelies:
Ender's Game and Enders Shadow and maybe I'll someday get a chance to read more of these books one can only hope so!

These two are so great because well first off they are about training super intelligent kids to become generals for an impending attack from yet another insect alien race but its basically nothing about that at all the book just surprises you so profoundly just exuding character and development. I would say that after reading it though you basically have added to your knowledge of the formula that all stupid movie makers use to try and make their plots interesting and surprising and guess what they just aren't going to fool you after reading books like these. Oh and then well the second book all takes place during the first book but from the perspective of another character.

I'm not selling these right but trust me the books are just so~ good.

Haha as if mainstream movies and their makers are fooling anybody anyhows.

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy a "wholly remarkable book, isn't that what's said of it in advertising? *smirks*
The artist of note for writing this book and its kin be ze Douglas Adams.. I was genuinely impacted by shock and a sense of emptiness by the early goings on in this book. Fun and maybe even educational for any reader. *snort* I never did read any of the other books in the series.

My fav anime/graphic novels: Ranma 1/2 Rumiko Takahashi,
JTHM Johnny the Homicidal Maniac and Squee. Jhonen Vasquez.
Also Nintendo's own SNES based Mario and Legend of Zelda comics, (Thank you Nintendo Power).

Moleje
Some more fiction to consider.

Kurt Vonnegut: I really wanted to finish reading Time Quake but my copy vanished on me!
I loved Slaughter House-Five and Breakfast of Champions! These books are king people! Read, read, read!

Daniel Quinn: Well what can I say… I’ve read Ishmael and it blew me away, and though I haven’t read any other my reading guru suggests more of his works is best if I want to continue along the path of righteousness. I think I've lost some of what the book had to say, another sad tail of me needing to read a book again just to keep my mind from slipping into labotomyvile.

Ken Kesey: I’ve read One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest and it was a great story and of course I wouldn’t mention it unless I recommended it.
He’s written one of those great American Novels.. I think that’s what they call them. I really should pick up a copy of Sometimes a Great Notion and see if there’s any truth to that.

Louis L'Amour: This guy defines the western genre, and I get my liking of him from my dad, who has an extensive collection. Something that sticks out to me though, The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour: The Frontier Stories: Volume One , short yes but full of meat and grit. This guys even a bit of a romantic sometimes. =)

R.L. Stine: Alrighty nobody shoot me just yet he mostly writes kids stuff right... but some more mature content too, though his kids stuff is better if you ask me I really don't like his teenage girl stories I don't think he relates to older teenage girls that much.

I was an avid reader of the Goosebumps series when I was ten. It was fun reading them in a day or two while still have time for my homework and videogames. I've read the first 51 books, minus one or two, but my stepson likes them too so I'll snag up the ones I've missed soon.

Nothing to surprising in these books but it was good enough for me, almost every chapter is a cliff hanger and he usually tricks me with his patented twist at the end.
But its always something inane like he's actually your father or its was a monster all along even though it said it was your father, oh and your father is the crazy hermit that lives at the top of the mountain.

I think what I like about them most of all now a days, yes and even back then I thought about how it would be nice to pass these books on to my kids. Heck I think that way about every good book I read.

Ann Rice: I dont' know if she's still in or not. *smirks* But that clip she did for the Sci-fi Channel was super cool. I think she's another one of those writers that wishes she could actually be in the world that she invisions and I relate to that ... well by the by...

Here are the complete list of the Vampire Chronicles (Interview with the Vampire, The Vampire Lestat, The Queen of the Damned, The Tale of the Body Thief.)

I really have't read anything else that I really like in a long time, it's very sad... crying  

Moleje

Moleje

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:11 pm
Zapatorf
lol... I'm going to be honest. I tried doing that in WoW for a while, but never could really do it. I eventually just stuck with my original guy character, whose name just so happened to be Zapatorf. I don't play anymore, because I can't afford it. XD

Speaking of WoW, or World of Warcraft, have you ever played it?

#10 I really want to play WoW but I don't like online games that cost me money over time like that. Maybe if I get a paying job.

Eggmond
Favourite TV show?

#11 I watched to much TV as a kiddy, I don't think I watch as much as I'd like to right now, and nothing is favored. Genres are Cartoon, Anime, Sci-Fi and Fantasy mostly. I do like the History and Discovery channel a fair bit too.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:55 pm
What is your favorite food?  

Zapatorf
Crew

Moleje

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:30 pm
Zapatorf
What is your favorite food?

#12 I'm a fan or oriental cuisine, but really I like all sorts of food, my favorite beef dish consists of rib eye cut into strips, wok fried in a small amount of seasame and canola oil to be partially browned, then to be lightly covered in light soysause, sugar, mashed canned pears/juice, seasame seeds and then served with plain basmarti/ or jasmine rice.

Hrmm I guess my favorite food is rice I like it will all sorts of things.  
The Interview Room [Get your cameras and microphones ready...]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff