yes
  no
View Results

the_underworks

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:02 am
XWraith_LordX
A goldminer? That's pretty cool. surprised

How'd you land yourself in that job?
Where i live, people do not ask you where you work; they ask you at what mine do you work.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:06 pm
the_underworks
XWraith_LordX
A goldminer? That's pretty cool. surprised

How'd you land yourself in that job?
Where i live, people do not ask you where you work; they ask you at what mine do you work.
Ah.

xd  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:36 pm
Sounds like a cool job.
I myself plan on owning an underground bunker, as a home. So, yeah, I'll be working underground a lot.
Is mining worth it? I've often wondered what that job would be like. How much are you paid?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Macabre_Cogitation
Sounds like a cool job.
I myself plan on owning an underground bunker, as a home. So, yeah, I'll be working underground a lot.
Is mining worth it? I've often wondered what that job would be like. How much are you paid?

There are a lot of risks associated with the job itself. Base salary for a miner is around 25$/hour. Bonus wages depend on what you do, how well you do it and how fast you do it. For example, if you're a mucker and sit on your scoop or muck truck all day your looking at around 10$/hr bonus wage. But if you're a drift/raise man and take 10ft rounds (which is a lot) every day and you're paired up with someone who knows what there doing you're looking at an average of 50$/hour bonus. But it is VERY physically intense.

For example, when they stick me in a track drift (horizontal tunnel with "train track"); this is what a typical day of looks like. When I get to the drift in question, I muck out the round, while my partner operates the loco. Make sure there are no loose rocks to the ceiling of the drift, do the bolting to make sure the place does not cave in (which involves using a 90lbs drill called a stoper for about an hour or so). Then when that is done, we need to lay 80lbs track along the drift and install air and water pipes. Once that is done, we drill the round (with a 120lbs rock drill called a jackleg) then when we are done that we load up the holes we drilled with explosives.

I don't know if you noticed, but that has to be done in 8 hours. There are no lunch breaks or coffee breaks in there. It doesn't matter if you're the fittest person in the world, at the end of every day you will be very very sweaty, dirty, tired and pooched.Despite that personally i would not trade my job for anything in the world.  

the_underworks

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces