Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Edain McCoy Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:07 pm

THIS MEANS WAR

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:35 pm
YES! GO CU!  

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:36 pm
You have my support.
What a dreadful cow that woman is.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:45 pm
So I've registered the address "stopEdainMccoy.com"
I'll throw up a wordpress page with the list of problems that her "religion" has.
Then I'll post my email to her and her email response.
Then I'll shred her email response.
Then I'll quote Ronald Hutton on Witta, yes, Ronald Hutton responded to me (that man is ******** awesome)
Then I'm going to bribe Niamhy with tea to ask her Celtic Civ lecturer if she'll talk to me on the matter, I'll take in a dictaphone and record the conversation.
Then I'm going to go through my list of friends who study or have studied Celtic Civ elsewhere and I'm going to ask their lecturers to comment.
Then I'm going to post those as a podcast.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:49 pm
Edain McCoy
I'm sorry your views are so narrow. It must be very hard to function in the world when you cannot control everyone and everything in it.

Classic retreat cry of the fluffy bunny ninja (or at least, that's how I interpreted it)  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:43 pm
Ultraviolett1127
Edain McCoy
I'm sorry your views are so narrow. It must be very hard to function in the world when you cannot control everyone and everything in it.

Classic retreat cry of the fluffy bunny ninja (or at least, that's how I interpreted it)
Unfortunately though that's how the Fluffies have replied to the freedom of religion law before. She didn't even answer why she thought Brigid is her patron.  

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:45 pm
Neko Wyndy Wytch
Ultraviolett1127
Edain McCoy

Unfortunately though that's how the Fluffies have replied to the freedom of religion law before. She didn't even answer why she thought Brigid is her patron.

Still though, just because a fluff is in America, it doesn't give them permission to rape the s**t out of a culture or create history on the fly. And it irks me, to put it lightly, when people think "freedom of religion" entitles them to do s**t like that.

Cu, are you aware of any possible legal actions McCoy could take against your site?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:53 pm
CuAnnan

Then I'm going to bribe Niamhy with tea to ask her Celtic Civ lecturer if she'll talk to me on the matter, I'll take in a dictaphone and record the conversation.
Then I'm going to go through my list of friends who study or have studied Celtic Civ elsewhere and I'm going to ask their lecturers to comment.
Then I'm going to post those as a podcast.

Wing, consider me bribed! biggrin  

niamhybeag

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:05 pm
Ultraviolett1127
Neko Wyndy Wytch
Ultraviolett1127
Edain McCoy

Still though, just because a fluff is in America, it doesn't give them permission to rape the s**t out of a culture or create history on the fly. And it irks me, to put it lightly, when people think "freedom of religion" entitles them to do s**t like that.
I know but what are we going to do rewrite the first amendment to the constitution?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:08 pm
Neko Wyndy Wytch
Ultraviolett1127
Neko Wyndy Wytch
Ultraviolett1127
Edain McCoy

I know but what are we going to do rewrite the first amendment to the constitution?

I don't know about you, Charity, but we aren't a government. Nor are we Congress. First Amedment is "Congress shall make no law....", which is meant that the US government won't establish a national religion nor give preferential treatment to one over all the others.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:12 pm
Neko Wyndy Wytch
Ultraviolett1127

Maybe I'm not understanding you properly, or you're not understanding me...

I don't think the First Amendment anywhere promotes culture rape or encourages people to make up false history.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:17 pm
Christ, Why cant people just send simply replies to questions rather then long sagas with nothing useful in them.

Why did you hit her with the obvious potato fact?

Actually.

*goes to bookshelf*

Oh dear. First page

"Here, You will find a comprehensive framework for practicing and understanding the Old Relgion of Ireland,"

"Witta is more than an obscure religion buried in Ireland's past; it represents a way of life, [the way every Irish clan and community once viewed their world and the forces that shaped it."

So already she conflicts with her mail of

"Rational people who may have read Witta know that this is not THE one and only Irish trad."

And forgive me for being blunt for the the rest of it it reads like
"I'm an American and can do what what i like..."  

quantum_leaper

scorplett

Blessed Regular

6,600 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:31 pm
Ultraviolett1127
Neko Wyndy Wytch
Ultraviolett1127
Edain McCoy

Cu, are you aware of any possible legal actions McCoy could take against your site?

If Cú is registering a website from Ireland, legally speaking he is an Irish publisher and therefore, so long as the site states facts, cannot be considered defamatory. Besides, in her letter, she basically gave up the right to locus standii as the plaintiff of a defamation action!

American law is nice and all.. but tough s**t Edain, Your American laws mean s**t internationally!!!

Oh, and I believe the UN would have something to say about claiming what she does!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:35 pm
Frankly, I think she raped American culture, too! Two cultures in one letter - gotta admire the woman's efficiency. As a U.S. citizen, I'm insulted that she thinks she can speak for me and my take on religion. I literally flinched when she asserted that part of our religious eclecticism came from "our frontier churches which sprang up in the 19th century." A lot of those churches were involved in the forced conversion of the Native American peoples. Not exactly something you want to cite when talking about religious freedom in the U.S. For goodness sakes, I'm surprised she didn't give white, upper-middle-class "shamans" (raping multiple cultures by virtue of poor word choice) as an example of American religious freedom.

You have my support Cu, and I'll be happy to patronize your website.  

Autumnal Light

3,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:45 pm
scorplett

If Cú is registering a website from Ireland, legally speaking he is an Irish publisher and therefore, so long as the site states facts, cannot be considered defamatory. Besides, in her letter, she basically gave up the right to locus standii as the plaintiff of a defamation action!

-nod- that's what I thought.
I just wasn't completely sure.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas