Greedy Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:07 pm
Salem MA?

I live like 45minutes away from there.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:53 pm
Digital Malevolence
Salem MA?

ya, that Salem...my best bro lives in boston, and when I flew up for his wedding years ago, he took me to salem the day before i was to fly back home. I just wished i had taken more money with me for the trip, the stores were awesome. lots of top hats and greatcoats, goth gear, and assorted goodies of a dark nature. loved the witches graveyard in the center of town...very peaceful. If I ever find my pic cd with the witch museum on it, i'll post it.  

Keevan Draco

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:12 pm
Keevan Draco
Digital Malevolence
Salem MA?

ya, that Salem...my best bro lives in boston, and when I flew up for his wedding years ago, he took me to salem the day before i was to fly back home. I just wished i had taken more money with me for the trip, the stores were awesome. lots of top hats and greatcoats, goth gear, and assorted goodies of a dark nature. loved the witches graveyard in the center of town...very peaceful. If I ever find my pic cd with the witch museum on it, i'll post it.
Yeah, theres the best gothic clothing store there, its called The Fools Mansion. I love that store, mostly because they carry a lot of Shrine products for less money then the Shrine website.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:38 am
Digital Malevolence
Keevan Draco
Digital Malevolence
Salem MA?

Yeah, theres the best gothic clothing store there, its called The Fools Mansion. I love that store, mostly because they carry a lot of Shrine products for less money then the Shrine website.

yep, that's the place....I found a edwardian greatcoat and madhatter top hat(the real deal, not that cheap halloween garbage) for under 200 together...I still dream about those clothes sometimes, and vow to return someday with a lot of cash and an empty suitcase and do some serious shopping there. i just wish they had online shopping capability. Right now, they just have a link to their myspace profile, and a webpage that's under construction.  

Keevan Draco

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:55 pm
Keevan Draco
Digital Malevolence
Keevan Draco
Digital Malevolence
Salem MA?

yep, that's the place....I found a edwardian greatcoat and madhatter top hat(the real deal, not that cheap halloween garbage) for under 200 together...I still dream about those clothes sometimes, and vow to return someday with a lot of cash and an empty suitcase and do some serious shopping there. i just wish they had online shopping capability. Right now, they just have a link to their myspace profile, and a webpage that's under construction.
Yeah. I just got a coat there a few months ago, I really wanted a full length silver brocade frock coat...but it was $400 and I only brought $250. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:13 am
Steampunk is a genre of science fiction. Its only relation to goth is the rape of Victorian times, also Emilie Autumn and Voltaire. biggrin  

vincejustvince

NewAgeAntique

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:12 pm
Sir Vincent
Steampunk is a genre of science fiction. Its only relation to goth is the rape of Victorian times, also Emilie Autumn and Voltaire. biggrin

Yumm... raping victorian times is fun. razz

Why does it have to be rape? Couldn't it be improving? What's wrong with a little (or humongous amounts of) imagination?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:37 pm
NewAgeAntique
Sir Vincent

Why does it have to be rape? Couldn't it be improving? What's wrong with a little (or humongous amounts of) imagination?

Elaborate.  

vincejustvince

NewAgeAntique

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:46 pm
Sir Vincent
NewAgeAntique
Sir Vincent

Elaborate.

Well, for instance steam machinery could have evolved to a steam-punk level if nothing else (namely electricity) had been discovered. Steampunk isn't supposed to actually take place within victorian times, only in a world where the victorian era is extended over a longer period, giving technology time to develope and the world time to change while the people and their customs remained the same. I don't see what's so innacurate about that. It's a viable possibility.
I find steampunk to be one of the most fascinating fantasy genres actually, because it is the most realistic, while also being the most fantastical.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:51 pm
cyberpunk has to be the evolution of steampunk... you cant deny it... the goggles have evolved.  

the_underworks

NewAgeAntique

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:05 pm
Yay! I took an adventure to Salem last week and I bought an amazing dress! The Fools Mansion is one of the best shops I've been to excluding that amazing little store in New York next to the costume shop that carried authentic leather bodices and top hats and such which I only got to stand in for a few moments because I was late meeting my mum to go home... One day i will return! hahaha  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:13 pm
the_underworks
cyberpunk has to be the evolution of steampunk... you cant deny it... the goggles have evolved.

I was under the impression that cyberpunk has been around for far longer then steampunk. Atleast in terms of fashion, as far as literature goes I'm not sure.  

AbsintheGorgon

Keevan Draco

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:31 am
AbsintheGorgon
the_underworks

I was under the impression that cyberpunk has been around for far longer then steampunk. Atleast in terms of fashion, as far as literature goes I'm not sure.

Apples and oranges......

as far as the modern equivalent of both concepts is concerned, steampunk existed in one form or another for a long time before this current revival. Most notably would be the neumatic tools and weapons of the dwarven races found in some versions of D&D and GURPS (circa the 70's), or the novels by Verne, Stephenson, and Doyle.

Cyberpunk, on the other hand, gained it's start sometime in the mid-1988-89 with various fiction writers of the time (most notably is William Gibson who penned novels upon the subject and introduced many of the terminology we use today into the english lexicon)(and even though the Shadowrun D&D was created sometime in the early 80's, The the concepts of cyberpunk didn't emerge into physical being until after Gibson, and Co. sparked the revolution at the start of the 90's)  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:25 pm
oh so Extravagant...

I don't know much about Steampunk but I do find it rather intriguing. Something I'd look into perhaps.

User Image
My Guild

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comrade

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comrade

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:26 pm
Digital Malevolence
Salem MA?

oh so Extravagant...

My school is like 45 minutes from there.
eek

User Image
My Guild

Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out