Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
New Year Traditions? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Leaf Clover

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:10 pm
Sybil Unrest
I do first footing, if that counts.

Um, in case people don't know what that is: the first person into the house after midnight on New Year's Eve carries with them salt silver and coal/wood to bring luck on the household in the new year. That person is usually rewarded with a glass of whisky. And they shouldn't be a red headed person as that is bad luck. The best luck comes from a dark haired man.

My family does this tradition too. Every year my father has to walk into the house first because he is the only man in our family (luckily he has dark hair wink )

Apart from that, the only other thing I do (which isn't really spiritual I guess) is make sure that the people I love/care about are with me at midnight. Usually it's me and my family, but this year it was me and my fiance (we were in Tokyo at the time)

It would be nice to have some kind of spiritual tradition....  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:42 pm
Diamond Leaf Clover

My family does this tradition too. Every year my father has to walk into the house first because he is the only man in our family (luckily he has dark hair wink )
I do the same thing with Isakane.  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas