Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Ritual items Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SleepyKelvina

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:27 pm
Shimegamis_Rage
As for color correspondences... I read somewhere that if you didnt have a colored candle... A plain white or beeswax candle with a ribbon of that color tied to it would suffice well... Opinions of this may vary. I personally think it sounds fine.

A fine suggestion. Though with my luck, I'm likely to catch the damn ribbon on fire, so it goes around the holder and not the candle itself. :

Nuri
need not spend a lot. A good athame can be found cheap at gun shows. candles et all, dollar stores.

*laughs* I actually found a fairly cheap ornamental dagger at Anime Central last year. It's got an intricate gold hilt with a red tassle on the end and a partially serrated blade. But yes, those sorts of conventions have all sorts of lovely treasures.

WebenBanu
You might want to pick up some of the Cunningham encyclopedia series (those books that begin with "Cunningham's encyclopedia of ______,"

Good to know. His book on Incense, Oils and Brews is on my to read list, but the library didn't have it in. I'll go to the local New Age bookstore later on and see if they have it. From what you've said, it seems like it might be worth actually buying.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:23 pm
You got yours at ACEN too?

blaugh  

maenad nuri
Captain

Amiiria

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:10 am
Well, as I'm still learning, I haven't really done any rituals or stuff like that yet, except one that failed miserably because I couldn't concentrate due to the washing machine going in the background, wind blowing out the candles (I did this outside, since I don't really have much floor space in my room and because of the smell), my cat was meowing and I didn't really want my mum coming home and finding me.

I still like to keep a stash, but it's not a very good one. Just some incense, 2 tea light candles and 2 floating ones, some lavender oil, quartz crystal, a feather and a wand/stick.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:43 pm
I don't really like to buy huge candles and use them over and over. ^^ I like to get those inch tall ones. then again, I don't cast spells often. just once every moon phase, so I use white birthday candles. O_o they are small and ment to be used once. then again, the spell calls for 6. so I have to get them maybe once a month.  

[.dances.with.bunnies.]

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:04 pm
TeaDidikai

There is also the theory that the harder/more expensive the spell is, the more energy is already woven into it. For example- a spell that uses Gofer Dust, Coffin Nails, three drops of blood from the person you are casting the spell on, a black beeswax candle, a chicken's foot and a crossroads stone- all that effort put into getting those things? That's energy put towards the spell naturally. Same with expense. The energy you spent working ten hours so you could buy X,Y and Z- is energy put towards the spell.

Subtitutions are great when you NEED to do a spell on the quick. But I avoid them if I pre-plan my spellwork.

That is a really neat way of looking at spellwork, Tea. ^^ I always just focus on what's happening at the time of the ritual/spell, not what goes on before. Hrm. *changes her outlook on that* Interesting. ^__^  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:05 pm
The only thing that I bought for my altar was candles. My athame was bought for me as a anniversary gift and my tarot for christmas, other things were donated or I made myself.  

Mor Righ Anu

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:42 am
Mor Righ Anu
The only thing that I bought for my altar was candles. My athame was bought for me as a anniversary gift and my tarot for christmas, other things were donated or I made myself.
the majoraty of my things on my alter were given to me or found.

tarot cards : christmas

wand 1: made

wand 2: found

atheme: christmas

Crystals: most found, some given, one or two bought

chalise: randomly given

candles: bought, found, given, taken from mom ( cool )

books: bought, found, birthday/christmas

herbs: grown, bought

sachets: made  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:11 pm
dollar stores are also great places to find things for altars, especially candles and candleholders and the like.

i honestly don't know what else to tell you, as i don't really work magic all THAT much. when i do, it tends to be stuff of my own creation and so i can tailor it to my own budget.  

MST3Kakalina

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces