Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:43 pm
Blackrose Kaire
broken_joker
Emo is a very poor visual imitation of goth. That's it.

As my friend says:
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w151/_ecthelion_/1207920991118.jpg
Is that a really ugly male or a really ugly woman with facial hair issues? gonk

On another note, the goth would be prettier without the black lipstick.
I think she's pretty with the lipstick.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:47 pm
XWraith_LordX
Blackrose Kaire
broken_joker

As my friend says:

It's a rare case, too. Most people I've seen with black lipstick don't look too good.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:48 pm
Digital Malevolence
-Resurrected Writer-
Digital Malevolence
Night_Blooming_Jasmine
XxLovely_MiseriesxX
So where did "scene" come from then? Or is it really the same thing as emo? I dont know anymore... confused

Scence is that stuff you see at hot topic and the pure fashion aspect of what "emo" is considered. Like the teased hair, side bangs, skinny jeans, extreme make-up, etc. The kids that are scene are poor imitations of emos.

The emo genre in itself is a dead genre just like hip-hop, grunge, or punk music, the real stuff mind you. Emo was formed straight from punk music and was more underground. The difference was that emo wasn't as angry and focused on more anarchy like movements. Emo was more about being nostalgic, reflective, and knowing who you were and being able to express that. Which is why emo really is a state of mind and music genre. Its not about being depressed and cutting those are just sterotypes. There is one for every sub-culture.
Hip hop, Punk, Emo, and Grunge still exist. neutral

Now if only I could find an underground no-wave band floating around somewhere...
I'm actually pretty sure thats a dead genre...

crying  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:48 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
XWraith_LordX
Blackrose Kaire
broken_joker

As my friend says:

It's a rare case, too. Most people I've seen with black lipstick don't look too good.
Especially when they have eh...not so white teeth. whee  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:14 pm
XWraith_LordX
Blackrose Kaire
broken_joker

As my friend says:

Well it certainly doesn't look as bad as most, she pulls it off better. smile It's just to me it makes most people look like they have really washed out yellow looking skin (And teeth of course) I think it's just me that it looks that way to though sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:38 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
Digital Malevolence
-Resurrected Writer-
Digital Malevolence
Night_Blooming_Jasmine
XxLovely_MiseriesxX
So where did "scene" come from then? Or is it really the same thing as emo? I dont know anymore... confused

Scence is that stuff you see at hot topic and the pure fashion aspect of what "emo" is considered. Like the teased hair, side bangs, skinny jeans, extreme make-up, etc. The kids that are scene are poor imitations of emos.

The emo genre in itself is a dead genre just like hip-hop, grunge, or punk music, the real stuff mind you. Emo was formed straight from punk music and was more underground. The difference was that emo wasn't as angry and focused on more anarchy like movements. Emo was more about being nostalgic, reflective, and knowing who you were and being able to express that. Which is why emo really is a state of mind and music genre. Its not about being depressed and cutting those are just sterotypes. There is one for every sub-culture.

Now if only I could find an underground no-wave band floating around somewhere...

crying
I'm not entirely sure, thats one genre I know very little about, you should ask the rec thread in the main music forum.  

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

AEtherclaw

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:03 pm
Digital Malevolence
-Resurrected Writer-
Digital Malevolence
Night_Blooming_Jasmine
XxLovely_MiseriesxX

I

what about the phantom limbs and Deadchovsky?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:39 pm
Blackrose Kaire
XWraith_LordX
Blackrose Kaire
broken_joker

As my friend says:

Well it certainly doesn't look as bad as most, she pulls it off better. smile It's just to me it makes most people look like they have really washed out yellow looking skin (And teeth of course) I think it's just me that it looks that way to though sweatdrop
That's why she's a special exception.

You know....they could have digitally altered that photo... stare  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:41 am
AEtherclaw
Digital Malevolence
-Resurrected Writer-
Digital Malevolence
Night_Blooming_Jasmine

I

what about the phantom limbs and Deadchovsky?
Digital Malevolence
I'm not entirely sure, thats one genre I know very little about, you should ask the rec thread in the main music forum.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:10 pm
Emo is the current anti-culture culture for teenagers. I feel like Goth spans a much wider age group, and isn't as tied to a transitional stage of life.
I'm not a fan of Emo personally. The followers of emo fashion and lifestyle tend to be very self absorbed and obessed with how they look all the time. In my opinion, goth is a lot less about perfection and more about expressing yourself.
For example the scene habit of continously takes photos of one's self untill the art of looking perfect in every photo can be perfected sickens me a bit. It turns people extreamly fake. There facial expressions even when talking to you in real life tend to be forced and rehersed.  

NewAgeAntique

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:23 pm
Red Dye Number 5
Emo is the current anti-culture culture for teenagers. I feel like Goth spans a much wider age group, and isn't as tied to a transitional stage of life.
I'm not a fan of Emo personally. The followers of emo fashion and lifestyle tend to be very self absorbed and obessed with how they look all the time. In my opinion, goth is a lot less about perfection and more about expressing yourself.
For example the scene habit of continously takes photos of one's self untill the art of looking perfect in every photo can be perfected sickens me a bit. It turns people extreamly fake. There facial expressions even when talking to you in real life tend to be forced and rehersed.
This is why I like your posts, you always seem to have things thought through and explain what you believe. smile

You've got good points up there too.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:18 pm
XWraith_LordX
Red Dye Number 5
This is why I like your posts, you always seem to have things thought through and explain what you believe. smile

You've got good points up there too.

Thank you. ^.^
I like to explain the way I think for a couple of different reasons. One of which being that it helps clarify my opinions and reasoning to myself, and and the other being that I don't like instigating fights. If I have a negative or just antagonistic veiw of something I like to explain why, so that whomever I'm disgreeing with realizes that it's not personal malice or anything like that. It also leads into better conversations.  

NewAgeAntique

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:56 pm
Knowing absolutely nothing about the histories of the genres, this is what I've noticed.
In the general sound of the music and basic look of the fashion, I would hypothesize that emo originated as a less extreme form of punk. (From what has been posted in this thread, that seems to be a rather simplified version of the truth) Goth had similar roots, but went off in another direction. While one could call them sister genres, I'd think that comparing them to two species with a root ancestor would be more accurate.

On another topic that's come up in this thread, I have seen one or two attractive emos, but in order to pull off that haircut, they usually need a face that was pretty anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:06 pm
XxLovely_MiseriesxX
To me, a scene kid an attention starved emo wannabe.  

the_underworks

Echoing Moon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:30 pm
Although Emo and Goth both descnded from PUNK, both are very diffrent.
Goth is a lifestyle, Emo is a trend.Ever notice that Emos are all Teens, and yet there's Goths of all ages.
And there's Only one "type" of Emo, but many sub-categories to Goth. (Cyber-Goth, MetalGoth, Grungegoth, Industrial-Goth, Punk-Goth, ExperimaetalGoth, Techno-Goth, Amine-Goth, JGoth, Classic Goth, Ghost/goth, ect.)
Goth, in it's truest form, isn't intended to be 'Goth' It's just people who dress how they like, even if it is a bit dark. Emo kids wear emo Clothes, just beacuse their Emo Clothes.
MOST (not all) emos are fakes, and will probably change emtirely onec their out of highschool.

And scene kids.
Well their just fake fakes,
and should be eentirely ignored.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out