Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Extended Discussion
Is it possible to 'become' Goth? Or is just natural? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChestyMorgan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:57 am
I think you can easily become a goth.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:22 pm
I think it's natural. Well, for me anyway.

I've had a gothic attitude towards things since I was a kid. Even my mum says so.

But there must be other factors that influence you. TV, movies, celebrities... Hmmm.
And yeah, I guess some people were influenced by depression but not all goths are depressed!!!!

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Ritsuki Tamaka

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:47 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:37 pm
Austin doesn't consider himself goth even if he fits the stereotype. Austin thinks that the second you're born your mind is set on what you're going to be, and once you've accomplished that whatever you do is your choice. So if you are born with the mindset to be gothic, you will be. Or if you are born with the mindset to become a doctor, you will, then you can choose what to do from there, whether it's become gothic, lead a holocaust or smack someone with a stick.  

Muted Faith9

~Octavia Sperati~

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:02 pm
I see alot of crap here that doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

One type of goth, the Germanic tribe type you have to be born into which is literally impossible at this momment.

The other involves a sub-culture in where if you like the music to the point where it is your favorite genre than you are a goth. You are also a goth is you preform this genre.

Finally the neo romatism movement belives that one is born goth and it depends on their personality. Some of these traits include the liking to be alone instead of being with friends, the natural liking of 18th century writings, and the natural liking of classical music  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:06 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

~Octavia Sperati~

Lady_Threnody

Intellectual Lunatic

10,075 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:56 am
[ D i z z y ]
Consider this:

Do you think that you can just "become a goth", or is it just natural, something you are born with? Is it the attitute you've always had? Or can you just "learn" to be goth? Do you think its more than just the attitute, style, or music?

Tell me what you think.

Hmm, I believe people can become goth where as with others it is something that comes naturally, where the individual is naturally a goth in one or more ways. Being born a goth is not possible, however being born and growing into it is another thing. You can not be born a goth because your mind is not fully developed as a baby and continues to grow throughout childhood. Our personalities is something scientists seem to have difficulty with determining when and how our personalities are developed, whether it is during the creation of a child or after childbirth. Either way, it will take years to develop the mind and come to understand such a term as "Goth" to begin with. I of course also believe taht it is much more than just an attitude, style, and music... mainly because not everyone is the same so the same thing applies to Goths, we're not all the same so we like different things. To say it's all about attitude, style, or music would be to say that we're pretty much all the same... we're not.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:08 pm
~Octavia Sperati~
I see alot of crap here that doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

One type of goth, the Germanic tribe type you have to be born into which is literally impossible at this momment.

The other involves a sub-culture in where if you like the music to the point where it is your favorite genre than you are a goth. You are also a goth is you preform this genre.

Finally the neo romatism movement belives that one is born goth and it depends on their personality. Some of these traits include the liking to be alone instead of being with friends, the natural liking of 18th century writings, and the natural liking of classical music

Well... in a totally NON flaming, NON abusive way of speaking... what's your point? We're all wrong? I noticed you didn't give an opinion of the topic, only casting other opinions down.
Where do you stand here?

... non abusive!

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Bokanovsky Baby

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:25 pm
i know somone thats always happy but is tryin to be goth. is this stupid, or is it just me?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:31 pm
were do i get goth stuf in gaia  

Bokanovsky Baby

Bokanovsky Baby

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:34 pm
y do people think pink isnt a goth color?? evil  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:18 pm
ok Ringmasta20, I'm warning you, if you can't spell "Why", why are you in the Extended discussion sub forum. and if you use a letter in place of a full word again you will be banned from this sub forum for a week. you could have condensed those three posts into one post.  

Dr_lecter1988
Crew

z e t t a i X romance

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:30 am
I think some people grow up knowing they like darker things. A lot of people with clinical depression (such as myself) are like this. Other friends i have will come into school one day with all black and skulls and things of that nature. I think it's possible to learn to be goth. But i think it would be verry difficult.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:15 am
My Opinion: You can't be 'goth' in your choice..Your just that way..*shrugs* My 2 cents for the day.  

DeaTh_WiLL_CoNQuER

Mrs. Pink Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:59 am
You are for sure not born goth, it isn't some gene one has. Though, early life/ toddler/child life may impact if you are goth or not. I know a goth couple whose child who is into rap and hip hop. Her parents own a goth club and are very goth.  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff