Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Things that tick you off about yaoi or shonen-ai Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does anyhting anger you in yaoi or shonen-ai
  yes
  no
  GOLD :D
View Results

Mika_Clari

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:04 pm
Ooh. I have another peeve of mine.

Doing it in the bush.

Really? Can't they just keep it in their pants just a little longer until they find a more decent place that they can't be seen. Seriously, I don't care what kind of adolescent hormones the characters have, just exercise some self-control. I know that this doesn't happen often but when it does.

Oh yeah, I also hate when mangaka draw their characters to look like little kids despite how old they may actually be like a particular person that I read.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:53 am
[Ryan Azarcon]
I totally agree with the Kyou Kara Maoh thing... SO ANNOYING!

I really don't like overly girl men either, or the ukes that are so much like a girl, they even look like it. They just don't have boobs, well... BIG ONES.. anyway. Sometimes I swear the mangaka make them arch enough that they end up with really small boobs.

I've read a LOT of yaoi, I'm tired of sex scenes that are same copied and pasted 3 paragraphs. And if the sex is not proceeded by a LONG a** PLOT DEVELOPMENT.

I don't really like descriptive sex anymore, unless its a reeeeaaaaally long fic or manga. Then I totally like it.

Has anybody read Rin? I hate when there is NO sex after that much reading. At least hints or after pictures please?

I hate overly abusive semes and ukes that still love them no matter what they do to them. JUST RUN AWAY AND FIND A NEW MAN PLEASE!

I hate relationships that start with one character raping/forcing them to do something horrible, and then they fall in love anyway. WTHNO. Unless they are horribly drunk and the seme is VERY regretful.
There were Angels dining at the Ritz...

FFFFF
I agree on all of these points.
Rin was just major facepalm. It was advertised in a magazine and was described as "steamy yaoi manga" Steamy my a**! gonk

@Mika_Clari:
"Ow!"
"Oh, sorry...did I hurt you?"
"No...I think I sat on a pinecone..."
...and a Nightingale sang in Berkeley Square

User_2629207

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:45 pm
As do I, especially with the M-preg thing.

It's cute if it's well written, but annoying when unexplained.

Males do not spontaneously sprout wombs!

There has to be a logic reason for it; a jutsu, an alchemy accident, a spell or potion, a science experiment, demons, something! You just can't have something happen and not explain it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:42 pm
Tsuki Nushi
Sorry if there's a discussion about this already.

I was just wondering if there was anything that really irks any of you when it comes to yaoi or shonen-ai.

For me it's teasers. Like in Kyo Kara Maoh (anime) They've spent the entire series hinting tha Yuri and Wolfram are a couple, and nothing happens. I don't expect a smex scene or anything, but I wish they'd make up their minds!

They spend story arc after story arc getting closer and having"moments" but we get nothing! No hugs, no kiss, they aren't even officially a couple!

Just an never ending cycle of the plot going "they're getting together, they're getting together, keep watching, they're totally getting together this time, oh wait, no they aren't!"

Discuss:
Does this piss you off too?
What does piss you off and why?

Damn right!! I mean, kami, it drives you nuts when you read it... neutral

You get to the edge of your seat and are waiting, straining practically just for that one moment that never comes!! scream

It really pisses me off when that happens... evil

Also, ever hate it when they end the manga before anything happens? Or leave everything out in the open, with out a satisfying end?

Man does that make me mad.... stressed

User Image

Ain't that the truth?!  

OokamiValkire

3,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

RazzleDazzle104

Witty Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:42 am
Not anything that 'ticks me off', I guess the correct phrase is pet peeve. It's mostly anything that's a cliche...something I see that's been repeated at least a thousand times, be it a character design or a plot.
That and the extreme PWPs. Mostly ones that make no sense. I may be a weirdo but if I wanna read PWP I want it to make sense to me and maybe go along with something...depending on what it is.
I'm an odd duck.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:32 am
Aylin Soyala
Not anything that 'ticks me off', I guess the correct phrase is pet peeve. It's mostly anything that's a cliche...something I see that's been repeated at least a thousand times, be it a character design or a plot.
That and the extreme PWPs. Mostly ones that make no sense. I may be a weirdo but if I wanna read PWP I want it to make sense to me and maybe go along with something...depending on what it is.
I'm an odd duck.
"It's quite the dilemma," he remarked.
User Image

You are not alone.

User Image
"Choosing between hard candy and caramel isn't what most would consider a dilemma," she replied.

Parisian Loafer

Kashira Ka04

Liberal Perfectionist

5,900 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:25 am
Same here, I don't get so much ticked off as just have pet-peeves.
Such as:

1. "damsel in distress" syndrome
2. repetive/cliche storylines
3. crappy art that has messed up anatomy
4. stories with no plot, but buttsex galore
5. ukes that love the seme even if they rape/abuse them
6. m-pregs
7. ooc-ness in fanfiction (any)

Etc.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:43 pm
OokamiValkire
Tsuki Nushi
Sorry if there's a discussion about this already.

I was just wondering if there was anything that really irks any of you when it comes to yaoi or shonen-ai.

For me it's teasers. Like in Kyo Kara Maoh (anime) They've spent the entire series hinting tha Yuri and Wolfram are a couple, and nothing happens. I don't expect a smex scene or anything, but I wish they'd make up their minds!

They spend story arc after story arc getting closer and having"moments" but we get nothing! No hugs, no kiss, they aren't even officially a couple!

Just an never ending cycle of the plot going "they're getting together, they're getting together, keep watching, they're totally getting together this time, oh wait, no they aren't!"

Discuss:
Does this piss you off too?
What does piss you off and why?

Damn right!! I mean, kami, it drives you nuts when you read it... neutral

You get to the edge of your seat and are waiting, straining practically just for that one moment that never comes!! scream

It really pisses me off when that happens... evil

Also, ever hate it when they end the manga before anything happens? Or leave everything out in the open, with out a satisfying end?

Man does that make me mad.... stressed

User Image

Ain't that the truth?!

Lawls to both pic and your siggy.

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

Pretty Pretty Priceless

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:55 am
Rarely do things in yaoi manga or anime bother me....that is unless the story is just outright stupid.
Okay you met some dude....you kind of stalked this dude....he finds out you stalked him....confessions time.....BAM! d**k in the a**.
I mean what?
Hell I don't mind hinting, it kind of makes series funny. Plus it gives fans their own way to interpret things (which lets face it, they would have done anyway.)

Also I dislike the vast majority of fangirls.....reasons should be quite obvious.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:02 pm
Hmm I'm a fan of hinting. It allows us to get some daydreaming in. Even if that is all there is, until the doujinshi fanbase gets a hold of it. Then I can look forward to some absolution. I mean come now you know that if it pisses you off there must be at least one horny fangirl/boy with the capability to draw who feels that same, or just an artist who makes money off of it whatever, either way you will get what you want.

I am a bit odd to the Mpreg thing. Unsure why but for some reason I jst find it awkward. I mean s**t I barely feel comfortable around a short tempered pregnant woman, a man just messes with my psyche.

As for the rape, then love thing. To tell truth I don't like rape...at all. No matter what angle it just sort of pains me. I do, on the other hand, find abuse to be fun. A bloody nose here, a slap there, an unusual and yet absolutely devoted love. It also spawned one of my favorite quotes, "I really wish you would stop staring at me like that your ******** fruit, or else I'll take your eyes out with this spoon."

Don't agree with loving abuse? Have this Read every art. Don't skip anything because of your weak constitution. You will cringe, you will look away...then you will laugh and smile. Get to the end of Sour-Purple and you will love the pain just like me.

Annnnnnd I dunno XIII when I catch a stalker I figure I have to put my d**k in his a**, just to teach 'im a lesson. xB Just kidding.  

Ceveo

User_2629207

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:20 pm
Kashira Ka04
Same here, I don't get so much ticked off as just have pet-peeves.
Such as:

1. "damsel in distress" syndrome
2. repetive/cliche storylines
3. crappy art that has messed up anatomy
4. stories with no plot, but buttsex galore
5. ukes that love the seme even if they rape/abuse them
6. m-pregs
7. ooc-ness in fanfiction (any)

Etc.

Ugh I totally agree... I mean, it seems that most people dislike the things you listed too. Which is why it pisses me off that the average non-yaoi fan's idea of BL is...that list >:[

@XIII Falling stars: I can get pretty annoyed with the fandom too x_x Especially noob-ish fans who are creepily protective of their (usually sasunaru) pairing and speaks wapanese >___>;;

@odio implacable: I like hinting too ^^ even though it inspires the painful "JESUS CHRIST STOP TEASING AND DO IT ALREADY" reaction, it's pretty fun. Mpreg is just weird. I don't really like rape either, but abuse is always fun...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:42 pm
Trying to find that one golden fic amongst bazillions of poorly written slash gonk  

[Romiette]

Drakie Cakie
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:29 pm

We are all doomed.
This I do not assume.

Poorly written sex scenes. I mean, damn, it's quite obvious the person has absolutely no idea the mechanics of sex and just guesses. For instance, reading a**l sex scenes when no lubricant or preparation is used makes me cringe because DAYUM, that's going to hurt like hell! But no. It's usually about two paragraphs long and there is no pain involved and they both splooge at the same time. Honestly, this annoys the crap out of me.

Our way of life will deteriorate.
I hope this is what you want, United States.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:02 am
Draconis VonTrapp

We are all doomed.
This I do not assume.

Poorly written sex scenes. I mean, damn, it's quite obvious the person has absolutely no idea the mechanics of sex and just guesses. For instance, reading a**l sex scenes when no lubricant or preparation is used makes me cringe because DAYUM, that's going to hurt like hell! But no. It's usually about two paragraphs long and there is no pain involved and they both splooge at the same time. Honestly, this annoys the crap out of me.

Our way of life will deteriorate.
I hope this is what you want, United States.

Oh, do I know how you feel. I also really despise those magical rubber anuses; you know, the ones that can stretch to fit anything, no matter how little preparation there is? I get a little tic in my eye everytime I see something like that. If you're going to shove something large in a tiny hole without stretching it out first, there is going to be tearing, blood, and screaming pain.  

Jaaku-san

Angelic Warrior

Montypythoniisss

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:53 pm
Girlie Hero
I'm very particular with what about a character has been changed to make them work in a pairing. Somethings about characters you can't change because they are apart of their personality, but others are influenced by their environment. Basically I want an explanation for the change. If "hey it's a parallel universe!" is all they can think of, that's fine--I'm open to creativity.
Ten things that piss me off:
1) when reading a fanfic labeled Lemon, Lime, a**l, Explicit, ect, any buttschecks that shows up is either a three sentence paragraph at the end or is only a "and he locked the door behind him---end scene". That's damn annoying.
2) when one of the love interests turns out to be a chic in the end and "everything's alright/works out" after that.
3) tactless scenarios (pedi rape, fatehr/son incest, necro, ect.) meant to be sexy or erotic. Go for it if you're searching for shock/horror effect, but other than that---NO!
4) misuse/overuse of "Stockholm Syndrome" love
[This next one doesn't necessarily piss me off but it bores me.]
5) Uncreative xeno characters (if you're going to have an alien species, put some thought into it beside "they look like humans but are blue".)
6) too much description of body hair. I've read a fic where a guy got off because his lover was just licking his arm pit gonk ewwww!
7) usage of certain foods and certain toiletries. I'm not talking about whip creme and strawberries or lotion and soap. I mean corn, rice, chicken and other Sunday-dinner foods, or vasaline and toothpaste. Vasaline is dangerous to use for a**l penetration and the it burns like a m0therf2cker if you get it in a rip--I know crying And dude, toothpaste? I've read stuff with that. Some writers don't think do they? Baking Soda + Alcohol + bleach based whiteners = toothpaste. Does that sound like it would make a good lube? No.
8 ) chubby chasers. I don't condemn it, but I'm not into the "aesthetic" of it.
9) "OMG I'm preggo!" stories that don't have an explanation for it. Unless it's labeled IMPREG for the cuteness of it (i.e. "Ahwww 4laugh he wuvs him!!), or has a logic to it (i.e. "I'm a hermaphrodite with a uterus and a p***s", "males of my race can have babies") I'm not interested.
10) Short sex-capades that are only four paragraphs long. Dude, that's not even a chapter!
wahmbulance

okay, I'm done.

eek You....are a guy.....right?? (Just wondering)  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff