Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply PathWays
Etherism: A Work In Progress Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RubyLight

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:46 pm
What is the Etherism perspective on psionics?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:15 am
RubyLight
What is the Etherism perspective on psionics?

Define psionics first please?  

Recursive Paradox

RubyLight

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:44 pm
Psionics is an umbrella term for various forms of energy manipulation.
Interesting path, by the way. I'm interested to hear the detail of the other two pillars. It's quite refreshing to see a more scientific form of paganism.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:12 pm
RubyLight
Psionics is an umbrella term for various forms of energy manipulation.

Then depending on where the energy is coming from and how it is manipulated, Etherism would either consider it etheristic channeling or something undefined within the path.

Quote:
Interesting path, by the way. I'm interested to hear the detail of the other two pillars. It's quite refreshing to see a more scientific form of paganism.

Thank you. It'll be a little while before I do more updates. We're getting close to hell week and I have a lot of project work to finish as well as thesis research to start. x_x  

Recursive Paradox

RubyLight

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:01 am
Hell week. . . Are you in theater?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:30 pm
RubyLight
Hell week. . . Are you in theater?

Nope. Well I used to be but not anymore. I'm a biology student.

And in a school that follows the quarter system. So 10 weeks per "semester", three per year (one in the summer is optional). Week 8~9 is hell week, depending on which classes you're taking. Sometimes both of them are. Week 11 is finals.  

Recursive Paradox

RubyLight

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:56 pm
Oh yikes! I'm fortunate to have 15 week semesters. Best of luck with your finals. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:56 pm
RubyLight
Oh yikes! I'm fortunate to have 15 week semesters. Best of luck with your finals. 3nodding

I'm a grad student so I just have projects and papers and presentations instead of exams.

I'm not sure if that's better honestly. o_o  

Recursive Paradox

RubyLight

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:00 pm
Oh. . .
Well, I'm only in my second semester of undergraduate work. sweatdrop
Best of luck with your projects, papers, and presentations!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:44 pm
RubyLight
Oh. . .
Well, I'm only in my second semester of undergraduate work. sweatdrop
Best of luck with your projects, papers, and presentations!

Thanks. ^.^  

Recursive Paradox

Ainwyn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:34 pm
I was wondering how Etherism worked with your transgenderism (yay isms!). Do you feel that your transition is helping you ascend? Are there certain Aspects that reflect what you're going through? And, when you get SRS, do you think that will be Breaking the Mirror in any way?

Sorry if any of these are too prying, I'm just interested in how trans persons fit that aspect of their identity in with their spirituality. My fiancee is mtf trans, and is a deist and a bit of a mystic.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:34 pm
Rajani Kali
I was wondering how Etherism worked with your transgenderism (yay isms!). Do you feel that your transition is helping you ascend? Are there certain Aspects that reflect what you're going through? And, when you get SRS, do you think that will be Breaking the Mirror in any way?

Sorry if any of these are too prying, I'm just interested in how trans persons fit that aspect of their identity in with their spirituality. My fiancee is mtf trans, and is a deist and a bit of a mystic.

My transition only has a passing connection to Etherism. The pain I was in wasn't a growing sort of pain. It was just crippling. So I fought it and did what was necessary to beat it (transition) so I could get past the crippling effect and continue to grow.

I do think that my experiences as a male and my experiences as a female overall make me far more wise than I was before, and that extra wisdom will definitely benefit my growth in the future.

Possibly enough to even enable an Ascension at some point in this lifetime.

I'm sure there are some Aspects that connect to this, but I've yet to channel them. Generally breaking the mirror needs to be massive change. As much as our society regards sex as a massive change, overall it's actually a very small change.

The mirror wouldn't be broken from that I would think.  

Recursive Paradox

Adalyna

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:24 pm
As with DB's section, I don't have anything helpful to contribute. This is just really thought out and coherent and I'd love to see the future updates. Don't mean any pressure by it.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:11 pm
Asahi Sara
As with DB's section, I don't have anything helpful to contribute. This is just really thought out and coherent and I'd love to see the future updates. Don't mean any pressure by it.

No worries.

I'm working on fleshing out the philosophy section (especially the pillars) and writing down a non metaphysical variant of Etherism that uses Aspect and Essence symbols as psychodrama keys to thoughtforms and as a personal growth tool (no magic, channeling or metaphysical claims beyond empirical means involved).

I figured since Etherism has a philosophy that is entirely applicable to normal mundane life independently of its metaphysics, there's nothing saying that an empiricist variant of Etherism wouldn't be a good idea to present to those who lack the UPG to believe in the metaphysical claims.

And there's enough differences between it and Satanism for an empirical variant to not be redundant too.  

Recursive Paradox

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 3:13 pm
I'm moving this stuff to a blog. It's in the first post now. XD I'll prolly update that more than here.  
PathWays

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff