Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unashamed - A Christian Discussion Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Christian, Discussion, Religion, Theology, Philosophy 

Reply Thread Archive {Hot topics}
Thank you, those who think the end is coming. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

E
I
100%
 100%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 17

RekaG

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:44 am
I know people like to try to figure out the date and/or year, but the bible says we are not aloud to know that info, we are only aloud to know the season.

Its the season with the longest night of the year?(its something like that)  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:49 pm
I'm not sure I've heard that, but if that's the case, then the season would be winter, which coincides with all this 2012 insanity (and what I've heard is December something; can't remember the day, but it's also the day scientists predict a complete polar shift and the day the earth is supposedly gonna go through the magnetic center of the galaxy .... whatever that means confused ).  

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Priestley

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:43 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
I'm not sure I've heard that, but if that's the case, then the season would be winter, which coincides with all this 2012 insanity (and what I've heard is December something; can't remember the day, but it's also the day scientists predict a complete polar shift and the day the earth is supposedly gonna go through the magnetic center of the galaxy .... whatever that means confused ).

Well blah to those scientists. I say that God's gonna pot the Earth ball in the corner pocket. cool  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:04 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly

That's absurd, we're nowhere near the core. If this were Star Wars, Earth would be Tatooine. We're an insignificant backwater on the edge of the galaxy.  

Galad Aglaron

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:05 pm
Why would you latch onto that as the absurd point, when there is not even such a thing as "magnetic center of the galaxy"?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:24 pm
zz1000zz
Why would you latch onto that as the absurd point, when there is not even such a thing as "magnetic center of the galaxy"?

There is in my galaxy and I'm it. cool  

Priestley

Galad Aglaron

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:37 am
Oh! That reminds me of something...

I AM THE INFANTILE CENTER OF THE GODDAMN UNIVERSE! scream

I thought that quote was so cute. blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:59 am
Galad Damodred
Fushigi na Butterfly

That's absurd, we're nowhere near the core. If this were Star Wars, Earth would be Tatooine. We're an insignificant backwater on the edge of the galaxy.

Not core, magnetic center. I guess the two concepts are interchangeable, but I always thought the magnetic center would be the sun, since everything in our galaxy revolves around it. confused Either way, I think it's silly. ^^;

@Galad: I don't get it. eek

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Priestley

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:31 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
Galad Damodred
Fushigi na Butterfly

Not core, magnetic center. I guess the two concepts are interchangeable, but I always thought the magnetic center would be the sun, since everything in our galaxy revolves around it. confused Either way, I think it's silly. ^^;

Except that the sun is the centre of our solar system, which is located about half way between the core of the Milky Way galaxy and the edge of the galaxy, about two-thirds to three-quarters of the way along (but just off the centre of) one of the arms (source). 3nodding *hugs Google* biggrin

Incidentally, the article suggests that our solar system's position in its current cycle around the galaxy puts it at a greater (ten times, apparently) risk of freak events like asteroids.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:29 pm
Ooh~~ I don't know why I always think that the solar system and the galaxy are the same thing. Okay, that makes more sense then. So yes, maybe not so weird to think that Earth will pass through the galaxy's magnetic center.  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:54 am
Knatalie9
There are so many days that are predicted to be the last day of the world... one of them is bound to be right. lol.

I, however, will not be placing any bets on ANY of them.

Just read The Sun. It's a great weekly tabloid that only really focuses on the end times and Nostradamos. Oh, and occasionally how the two fit together. *rolls eyes*

And yes, the world is going to end in 2012. Sarah Palin is running for president that year... mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:06 am
Is she really??

You know, I had a dream about her last night. confused We were on some gameshow together.

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Priestley

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:17 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
Ooh~~ I don't know why I always think that the solar system and the galaxy are the same thing. Okay, that makes more sense then. So yes, maybe not so weird to think that Earth will pass through the galaxy's magnetic center.

Well, I always thought the gravitational centre and the magnetic centre are in roughly the same place: at the core of the galaxy. I could be wrong to assume that, though. But, c'mon, it sounds kinda silly to say that we'll be passing through the centre of the galaxy any time soon.

Apparently, our solar system rises above and falls below the plane of the galaxy, a bit like how a horse on a merry-go-round rises and falls as it goes around. I did not know this. eek

Fushigi na Butterfly
Is she really??

You know, I had a dream about her last night. confused We were on some gameshow together.

Disturbing. *shudder* sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:49 pm
Last night, I dreamed that I was holding a mirror that gave everyone a zombie reflection! blaugh  

Galad Aglaron

Priestley

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:30 pm
Galad Damodred
Last night, I dreamed that I was holding a mirror that gave everyone a zombie reflection! blaugh

Okay, that's disturbing too but totally off topic. At least Fushigi's dream had a somewhat oblique reference to 2012. razz  
Thread Archive {Hot topics}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff