7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:27 am
Paranormal Zombiiie
Priestley
Knatalie9
"When Jesus had lifted up Himself, and saw none but the woman, He said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? Hath no man condemned thee?"

"She said, No man, Lord."

"And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more." (John 8:2-11 KJV)

Emphasis added. Telling someone not to sin is not judgement/condemnation. wink

No, it's not. Telling someone they are sinning is through.

Telling someone that they are sinning isn't judging them; it's just pointing out the obvious. We're supposed to point it out. To put someone down for sinning and telling them that they are somehow worth less than you are is judging them.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:40 am
Paranormal Zombiiie
Priestley
Knatalie9
"When Jesus had lifted up Himself, and saw none but the woman, He said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? Hath no man condemned thee?"

"And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more." (John 8:2-11 KJV)

No, what is wrong is wanting to punish those who are sinning, which is what the men who wanted to stone the woman wanted to do. The only one who was righteous enough to judge/punish (Jesus) chose to forgive but, in doing so, also implied that she was sinning and needed to stop.  

Priestley

Knatalie9

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:32 am
Fushigi na Butterfly
Paranormal Zombiiie
Priestley
Knatalie9

Telling someone that they are sinning isn't judging them; it's just pointing out the obvious. We're supposed to point it out. To put someone down for sinning and telling them that they are somehow worth less than you are is judging them.

I think we should be telling Christians... not necessarily non Christians..  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:02 am
Knatalie9
Fushigi na Butterfly
Paranormal Zombiiie
Priestley
Knatalie9

The Law applies to everyone, doesn't it?  

Priestley

We Dont Negotiate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:53 am
Knatalie9
Fushigi na Butterfly
Paranormal Zombiiie
Priestley
Knatalie9

By that logic we should only give help and aid to other christians, after all those non belivers are going to end up in Hell anyway so itle be a waste.

The law Applys to "everyone" a christian will generally know of the saviour of christ and when they Sin. This is why we are a faith that actively converts.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:44 pm
Love the sinner, hate the sin. Dont look down on them, we all make mistakes. All sin is equal. If you look down on someone else for sinning, you might as well look down on yourself. God sent his son to die on the cross for our sins. We accept God our sins are forgiven but we are still sinners. Dont look down on others, reach out to them and love them. Love the sinner, hate the sin.

~LBR~ heart  

Laid_black_rose

Knatalie9

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:10 am
Laid_black_rose
Love the sinner, hate the sin. Dont look down on them, we all make mistakes. All sin is equal. If you look down on someone else for sinning, you might as well look down on yourself. God sent his son to die on the cross for our sins. We accept God our sins are forgiven but we are still sinners. Dont look down on others, reach out to them and love them. Love the sinner, hate the sin.

~LBR~ heart

Amen. And I know that I often forget that. I so often avoid the "wrong side of town" and "the wrong kind of people" and I often forget that people are people! And we all make mistakes. by categorizing people into "the wrong kind," I know that I myself lose the personalization of each individual person. Which really isn't okay.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:26 pm
Laid_black_rose

~LBR~ heart
I AGREE, I PROUDLY AGREE ^_^
That was the point I was trying to make.  

RekaG

RekaG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:28 pm
Osaka_DFA
Well.... if we look down on people how can we love them, if we constantly judge them and tell them they cant do this and they cant do that, you might offend them and they wont get anywhere in god and neither would you.
We are supposed love no matter what.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:20 pm
We Dont Negotiate
Knatalie9
Fushigi na Butterfly
Paranormal Zombiiie
Priestley
Knatalie9

By that logic we should only give help and aid to other christians, after all those non belivers are going to end up in Hell anyway so itle be a waste.

The law Applys to "everyone" a christian will generally know of the saviour of christ and when they Sin. This is why we are a faith that actively converts.

Yes the law applies to everyone. But we can't guilt anyone into heaven. It is only by the law that we can see that we are stained and need a Savior to wash us clean. However. I don't think its really okay to say, "look at all your imperfections!" and meanwhile hiding our own... I guess thats what I was trying to say. Non-Christians don't know the law. But they are in just as much need of God and His redemption as we are.  

Knatalie9

The_Cursed_Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:00 pm
If peaple have repented they have repented your mother should not be judging them she doesnt know if they have repented or not no one should judge anyone for it is not for them to judge.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:55 pm
I feel that James 2:1-13 speaks against this, too.  

Priestley

The_Cursed_Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:58 am
i thought of three verses for this last night i forget were they are but the first one says "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" and the second one says "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God" and the third one says "For i say unto you if someone keeps all of the comandments but breaks one he is guilty of them all"

Those verses say that we are all equal in Gods eyes we are not meant to judge eachother we should let God handle that on Judgment Day

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:11 pm
I don't think that "do unto others" is actually in the Bible. At least not in that wording. It's got a similar phrase that means essentially the same thing.  

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

The_Cursed_Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:57 am
probably not in that exact wording but ive heard it it was once a memory verse for me when i was younger i just cant remember were its located  
Thread Archive {Hot topics}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff