Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
"OMG i luv u 2" NO. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Agree?
  No. I hate you.
  Yes. I love you.
View Results

User_2629207

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:03 pm
odio implacable
Hmm have you read the comic I posted above by Ahcri-slate sushi? I think it would fit your tastes well enough, and she is also friends with other gore and abuse lovers so just by her watchers and favs you will be able to find your way to others.
Rulin' ya universes...

I'm reading it right now 8D And I love it!
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:08 pm
Dracavia
I'll admit, I'm a sucker for happy endings. sweatdrop

But, I don't want the whole story to be happy, sugary fluff. I don't care how much violence, angst, and darkness are in the actual story: I just want somewhat of a happy ending. I want the characters to get together, but I don't want the development of their relationship to be a walk in the park.

I'm right there with you! I love angst and darkness and death and blood and all that lovely stuff, but I want the ending to at least be satisfactory, if not purely happy. There's nothing more annoying than watching characters suffer for no reasonable outcome. It's like trying to have a party by inviting a bunch of emo kids... it dosn't work. ^^  

Katastrophic_Kate

User_2629207

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:17 pm
Katastrophic_Kate
It's like trying to have a party by inviting a bunch of emo kids... it dosn't work. ^^
Rulin' ya universes...

OH YOU ARE SO RIGHT.
I went to an emo party once.
Everyone just sat in sofas. Staring into oblivion. No wonder they're depressed!

As long as the ending is relatively conclusive, I'm happy 8D
It's either Happily Ever After™ or Tragic Death™.
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:20 pm
Fluff must be balanced by angst and/or drama.  

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

dirphenomenon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:06 pm
Miss Sushii
Katastrophic_Kate
It's like trying to have a party by inviting a bunch of emo kids... it dosn't work. ^^
Rulin' ya universes...

OH YOU ARE SO RIGHT.
I went to an emo party once.
Everyone just sat in sofas. Staring into oblivion. No wonder they're depressed!

As long as the ending is relatively conclusive, I'm happy 8D
It's either Happily Ever After™ or Tragic Death™.
...since 1992.

i agree. you are so right. happy endings are overated and over done. i guess most girls likes happy endings but that rarely happens in real life situations. i do like the more angst and rape ones...at least the story itself explains why. i hate it when one confesses to the other and the other is like hey i guess i feel the same too and then it's all happy ending. it's really boring that way~~ gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:25 pm
I prefer to have a happy ending if its an angsty road to get there. Otherwise I agree with you, there needs to be some variation or some twist at the end that is not expected. The manga I am reading now has a mini plot that is amazing, this guy is older and loves this younger boy, but the guy is convinced that the boy could be a girl and the boy actually is a girl, but doesn't know it. Its amazing and I was really surprised so it made it better.

teddytoles

Montypythoniisss

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:46 pm
gaypridewonder
I prefer to have a happy ending if its an angsty road to get there. Otherwise I agree with you, there needs to be some variation or some twist at the end that is not expected. The manga I am reading now has a mini plot that is amazing, this guy is older and loves this younger boy, but the guy is convinced that the boy could be a girl and the boy actually is a girl, but doesn't know it. Its amazing and I was really surprised so it made it better.

eek
HUH???????
For a minute there I thought you meant (the dreadful) 'After School Nightmare' but the "boy" is a hemaphrodite and the romance isn't a sub-plot.....Hmm...How do you not know your a girl, I wonder? In this day and age everyone knows gender defferinciated anatomy.... wink
Oh, and the emo party thing was HILARIOUS!!!!! emo emo  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:24 am
Happy endings are good, as long as there is angst along the way! Characters who are like "I'm disgusted you find me attractive, but now I see you have a sexy body....sure, I love you too." Bore me.  

Pomba Gira

Labtech Abi

Friendly Pumpkin

8,975 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:32 pm
Are you KIDDING ME?! All I ever see is angst angst angst emo angst angst aaaaannnngggsssttt abuse rape angst emo aaaaannnnnngggggsssstttt suicide. Moar angst. Moar suiciede. The end. T+T  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:00 pm
If you want some good drama and angst in a manga I'd suggest reading Cantarella.
It takes place in the Italian Renaissance and it's about the Pope's illegitimate demon infested son who want's to take over the world. It's got some gay and it's got some het (his sister totally wants to get into his pants).

The plot is something like this: angst drama angst death torture angst religion angst demons emo incest angst angst sex death angst politics angst
+ the added bonus of it being based on real history!  

Erandir

Lady Gyrfalcon
Crew

Dapper Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:22 pm
I find tragedy to be fine, or interesting sometimes, and the cathartic feeling after bawling my eyes out is a thing I find good about it...
But honestly, I like to read fiction partially as an "escape" from realities and practicalities of life, the universe and everything. So while it's an important and vital aspect of many pieces of good storytelling, I'd be disinclined to agree with you. Reading a less-than-happy tale I'll enjoy if it's interesting, or has a good plot and ideas, etc., but depressing fiction just isn't up my alley.

Also I may not be familiar with the average ending of these things because I don't read a lot of BL or yaoi manga. neutral Or romance stories period; it bores me. Plenty of drama and whatnot in fantasy, sci-fi, speculative fiction and other random books that pique my interest and all that. XDD  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:12 pm
I've read a manga that toes the line of happy ending and not so happy ending. Well, to say the least, I was confused on whether the main characters lived or not. =_=; It was full of action, drama, and seemingly random smut. The characters didn't say a thing to each other when they first did it. That surprised me. It was like.

Guy 1: o_o

Guy 2: o_o;

Then they just ended up in bed after shooting at eachother. It was cute but made me sad throughout most of the storyline.

I prefer a mix. But yeah, I greatly prefer happy endings as opposed to the angst. A LOT of manga I've read contains too much abuse and such. And I try my best to avoid those unless someone says it's really good.

Like Lady Gryfalcon, I use a good story to get a break from harsh realities. As much as dark stories are interesting, sometimes I feel that it's played out. But the same could be said for happy ones. The really good stories, have a balance that pulls you into an emotional whirlwind. One that you'll remember for a long long time. xD...  

Bright_Death

Winter Phantom

latitude_cat

6,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:16 pm
Find you a nice site that uses tags like "Lime", "Lemon", "Angst", "Abuse", ect. THere's a site I visit that requires the writers to use those tags and most do. Some, the mods assign them. adultfanfiction.net is where I go. It'll take you a minute to get used to the sites layout, but they don't change it very often.
That ought to help you weed out the cheezy-romance-novel types. pirate

Edit:
Also, when reading a summary, cliff-hangers and fish-hooks like "...and they have a 'heart to heart'", "...is swept up into battle...", "...the one person who will change his life forever", ect. are possible romantic endings.

AND on the site above, if you go and read the stuff, um...it will appear like the writers don't go in and edit their stuff of typos, but it's actually the site's program, and it's rather annoying, but it's really difficult to get a long story free of grammar errors. I know out of experience gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:22 pm
Either way wprks for me, as long as it's a good story. If the sad one ends in suicide, then I won't read it.  

Ichikage Kira

1,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100

Mika_Clari

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:58 pm
I like happy endings. I like happy endings especially if the whole plot of the story was comprised of screwing the main characters over time and time again. Even if the two lovers find happiness by committing suicide together, that's completely fine with me. Although, I get what you're saying. There are just some endings that are complete sell-outs to the characters and to the story especially if nothing is actually resolved in the end.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff