PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:28 pm
There were biblical references in Death Note? o.O
Hmm... I seem to be missing out on lotsa stuff... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:09 pm
faerygirl-14
トイス!!

Well, Misa wore crosses a lot and looked to Kira as a kind of savior.

Then there was the scene in the anime where L dries off Light's feet. It's some sort of reference having to do with Jesus, but I don't remember it off the top of my head.

And apples have to do with temptation, like the fruit of knowledge in the garden of Eden. Or something. I don't keep up with the bible.

Catch on Everywhere ♪  

L Lawliet

Mind-boggling Detective

randomnessensues

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:45 pm
L Lawliet
faerygirl-14
トイス!!

Well, Misa wore crosses a lot and looked to Kira as a kind of savior.

Then there was the scene in the anime where L dries off Light's feet. It's some sort of reference having to do with Jesus, but I don't remember it off the top of my head.

And apples have to do with temptation, like the fruit of knowledge in the garden of Eden. Or something. I don't keep up with the bible.

Catch on Everywhere

The scene where L dies off Light's feet is similar to when Jesus washed the feet of his disciples.

As for the apple, Adam and Eve were attempting to become god-like by eating the apple of knowledge of good and evil and, in doing so, lost their innocence, just as Light did.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:00 pm
W...o...w...
Hm, I probably should have been paying more attention... sweatdrop  

faerygirl-14

Count Chocolat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:07 pm
You know, I've never seen anything biblical in Death Note except for when Light is required to readsomething in English class.

But it all makes sense. I just wish that people would remember that not the entire world reads a bible ^^ (Although I seem to own two for some reason-- I think I was given one for my birthday). Although I would love to see the nuns at my old school see the show and me make a reference to the bible DURING the show.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:28 pm
The Christian symbolism is surprising as the main religion in Japan is Bubbhism...or is it Shinto? Either way, not many people would get the symbolism, but I guess symbolism in most works is overlooked anyway.  

randomnessensues

faerygirl-14

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:24 pm
*cough cough*
sweatdrop
*doesn't ever pay attention to symbolism*  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:56 pm
ochisan12
Weird names all over the place. i've heard some of the strangest in my math class.

Light Yagami. Remember, it was written in Japanese first, not English. Yagami wouldn't be what you're thinking in Japanese, so I doubt that's what Ohba had in mind.

well, the deathnote had instructions in english, so he probobly had some basic knowlage of english, so it's not impossable that it chould be his (her) own little joke. a strech, but not impposable
anyway doesn't naruto mean fishcake or something random like that?

Inuhime2

3,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items