Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ceilisidhe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:13 pm
Darth_Gently
I am going to the DMV. Its my B-day.

P.S. What the bloody hell is Samhain?

......... eek .........you're...serious, aren't you.....?
Samhain is the night when the seelie transfer rulership to the unseelie-Halloween before it was converted to a christian holiday to suppress paganism.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:10 pm
As for me...well, I'm doing what any other 13-year-old won't do: stay home. If it keeps raining over here (over two weeks now), we'll be getting less trick-or-treaters, but the point is...
I typically don't trick-or-treat, I stay home and give out the candy. And I'm in middle school.

3 guesses where I live after the rain thing! Oh, crap, about 7 flood watches/flood warnings/flash flood warnings now!  

eereesa

Tenebrion Valefor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:52 pm
ceilisidhe
Darth_Gently

Samhain is the night when the seelie transfer rulership to the unseelie-Halloween before it was converted to a christian holiday to suppress paganism.

what does seelie mean?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:30 pm
Koneko_DarkLight
what does seelie mean?
Seelie and Unseelie are Scottish courts in the fey realm/world. There are loads of fey courts but most have been forgotten the Seelie is seen as the more peaceful court and the Unseelie the evil one (I could go into a big explanation into the origins of the fey but I'm a bit tired xp )  

Isobel Bellamy

Tenebrion Valefor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:31 pm
Ohhh, thats confusing but i think i understand.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:23 pm
ceilisidhe
Darth_Gently

I always got so confuesed by all this as a child. I knew it was inportant to a lot of people to prepare for these days but no one ever told me why. If you plan on posting any good books to to read up on this topic I would love you to share them.  

darkXmoon

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:27 pm
Isobel Bellamy
Koneko_DarkLight
what does seelie mean?
Seelie and Unseelie are Scottish courts in the fey realm/world. There are loads of fey courts but most have been forgotten the Seelie is seen as the more peaceful court and the Unseelie the evil one (I could go into a big explanation into the origins of the fey but I'm a bit tired xp )

Close isobel, but I wouldn't call the unseelie evil any more than I would call the seelie fae good. Good and evil are the dicotomy impossed upon fae by christian viewpoints. ~_~

Unseelie fae are generally of a darker bent, and are more prone to promoting change. Unseelie fae are usually more likely to stir up contravesy, cause trouble, ect, but they aren't evil.Usually unseelie fae have more selfish agendas, but are generally more open minded.

On the same token seelie fae aren't exactly good. They are cling moreso to traditions, and generally promote more benevolant agendas. Seelie fae are more likely to ascribe to anacronistic things like chivarly ect, and tend towards being a touch more closed minded.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:40 am
lurichan
Close isobel, but I wouldn't call the unseelie evil any more than I would call the seelie fae good. Good and evil are the dicotomy impossed upon fae by christian viewpoints. ~_~

Unseelie fae are generally of a darker bent, and are more prone to promoting change. Unseelie fae are usually more likely to stir up contravesy, cause trouble, ect, but they aren't evil.Usually unseelie fae have more selfish agendas, but are generally more open minded.

On the same token seelie fae aren't exactly good. They are cling moreso to traditions, and generally promote more benevolant agendas. Seelie fae are more likely to ascribe to anacronistic things like chivarly ect, and tend towards being a touch more closed minded.
*nods* mmyup, that's why I put seen as. Child snatching and relacing it with a changling isn't too good is it.....though a damn sight better than the host.....'Good' and 'evil' are too loose a concept for the Seelies and Unseelies xp damn the fey and their confusingness!!.....In a good way of course...*curses as her tv starts to flicker*  

Isobel Bellamy

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:25 am
Isobel Bellamy
*nods* mmyup, that's why I put seen as. Child snatching and relacing it with a changling isn't too good is it.....though a damn sight better than the host.....'Good' and 'evil' are too loose a concept for the Seelies and Unseelies xp damn the fey and their confusingness!!.....In a good way of course...*curses as her tv starts to flicker*

*lol* If they where easy to understand then it wouldn't be such an interesting and elusive thing for most people, now would it? rofl
Though I don't really hear much about child snatching anymore, but there will still reports of it as late as around the turn of the century (1890s-1910s or so, I'm too lazy to look at my big fat book at the moment chocked full of firsthand accounts of various fair folk written down and collected).
*waggles a finger at isobel* You really shouldn't curse out the fae, they are capricious, and most are already feeling the darker stirings that the coming season promises. Perhaps doing something nice for them might curry some favor. ^_^ (I think I've got around 40 fae or so living in my living room now...)  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:41 am
darkXmoon
ceilisidhe
James_Addiction
I plan on staying at home and shutting off all the lights so those little punk kids think we're gone mrgreen ninja twisted
or maybe my dad and I will go for a drive around the island

You didn't watch "children are scary" posted here somewhere, did you?

lmao
yesss....I did watch that and I'm now seriously considering going out  

see weed mermaid

Dapper Dabbler

darkXmoon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:38 am
James_Addiction
darkXmoon
ceilisidhe
James_Addiction
I plan on staying at home and shutting off all the lights so those little punk kids think we're gone mrgreen ninja twisted
or maybe my dad and I will go for a drive around the island

You didn't watch "children are scary" posted here somewhere, did you?

lmao
yesss....I did watch that and I'm now seriously considering going out

Do it! Just knock on the door and when they open it, just stare at them. See how freaked out they get.

lurichan, can you post the name of that book plese ? I would love to look at it.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:43 am
Funny, normally people only say that when I refer to my brithday, not some old holiday that I've never heard of, or that anyone I know would know of, except maybe for the bi-polar or some such similiar f9cked up mentality that my school has a habit of producing.  

Darth_Gently

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:00 am
lurichan
*lol* If they where easy to understand then it wouldn't be such an interesting and elusive thing for most people, now would it? rofl
Though I don't really hear much about child snatching anymore, but there will still reports of it as late as around the turn of the century (1890s-1910s or so, I'm too lazy to look at my big fat book at the moment chocked full of firsthand accounts of various fair folk written down and collected).
*waggles a finger at isobel* You really shouldn't curse out the fae, they are capricious, and most are already feeling the darker stirings that the coming season promises. Perhaps doing something nice for them might curry some favor. ^_^ (I think I've got around 40 fae or so living in my living room now...)
I think they have wised up that if children go missing there is too much fuss caused now and not really much fun if they're found out though it would be interesting to see the reaction to someone who knows about fey saying their child was taken by then - no doubt that person would be sanctioned >.<....that actually sounds like a whole barrel of laughs for the fey...

Ahh but it's going to be fun fey spotting on Samhain, though I do wonder that they have abandoned my village perhaps they enjoy the real countryside more than the cities and suburbs but the thought of a city-slicker fey is a fun one no? blaugh

The fey seem to be afraid of my house - not the best of omens really (I think there is definately something wrong with this place, it just has an air of 'this place is not right') so not many fey for me, though an old friend of mine would love that. Long story short is he messed with the fey and they seemed to take a lot of pleasure in annoying him after that, nothing electrical was safe xp  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:58 am
Darth_Gently
Funny, normally people only say that when I refer to my brithday, not some old holiday that I've never heard of, or that anyone I know would know of, except maybe for the bi-polar or some such similiar f9cked up mentality that my school has a habit of producing.

Get over yourself, and stop insulting other people. stare This is your final warning before I'm fed up.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:02 am
lurichan
Darth_Gently

Get over yourself, and stop insulting other people. stare This is your final warning before I'm fed up.
*In total agreement with lurichan* dude, you're not making any friends with that attitude, try being nice to people; it's amazing how the people on this guild react to pleaseant gaians  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff