Reply Fantasy Books Guild
R.A. Salvatore Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Resara

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:19 pm
I have recently discovered R.A. Salvatore through the recomendation to read one of his books and i immediatly fell in love with his characters. The short essays in the beginings of his books have touched my heart and they have inspired me to become a better writer.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:40 pm
{One final heartbreak...}

R.A. Salvatore has been an author whose
books I'd love to read someday, but
I've never gotten that opportunity. His
books sound really good though. And hopefully
SOMEDAY I'll get to read them xD

[{Comment my profile please?}] :]

` s a e k o

4,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Parkourleader000

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:51 am
Drizz't is so cool! He is a drow ranger.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:46 pm
Caliburn
Uhm, sorry to say so, but homeland is actually the 4th book in the series, it and the two other books in that trilogy are written as a prequal to the original icewind dale trilogy.
Never the less, all of the Drizzt books are grand, very few writers can write such good books with such deep and complex characters.
Personally, I'd also recommend his Cleric Quintet if you've had enough of the pointy eared ranger for a bit or if you just don't want to miss out on good books. The main character of that quintology is Cadderly Bonnaduce, (initially bumbling) priest of Deneir who goes through tedium to athe�sm to propheth-hood whilst trying to safe the land from a blightish colony of Talona's faithfull and their malificent chaos curse.
As Cadderly and his friends later meet Drizzt and Cattiebrie as wel as an even more unlikely pair later on in the series you do not wish to miss these books.
Cleric quintet: Canticle-In sylvan shadows-Nightmasks-The Fallen Fortress-The Chaos Curse

I want to check out the Cleric quintet, but I've been having trouble finding them  

Angleic Shadow

Angleic Shadow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:48 pm
Bookwyrme
How much change?

I kind've liked Drizz't in the first few books I read, but he does seem to spend an awful lot of time moping. Just for once, can't he enjoy the sunshine & the breeze? And will he please just settle down with Cattie B?

Yeah, overall I like Entreri better. And Entrteri with Jarlaxle makes it even better  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:40 pm
Angleic Shadow
Bookwyrme
How much change?

I kind've liked Drizz't in the first few books I read, but he does seem to spend an awful lot of time moping. Just for once, can't he enjoy the sunshine & the breeze? And will he please just settle down with Cattie B?

Yeah, overall I like Entreri better. And Entrteri with Jarlaxle makes it even better

oh hellz yeah heart  

Renegade Jarlaxle

Angleic Shadow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:42 pm
I just read Transedence and really liked it. Is the first Demon Awakening series as good?  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:20 pm
It took ages but i finally managed to get my hands on the collectors edition of ALL of his books involving Drizzt Do'Urden!!!! *manical laughter* This will be an interesting summer!  

Resara

Valas Hume

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:03 pm
Angleic Shadow
Bookwyrme
How much change?

Drizzt is the way he is cuz of how he grew up in Menzoberranzan. He doesn't like the prospect of growing up & watching all those he loves dying of old age while he's still a young adult in Drow timelines...

Entreri is more Drow than Drizzt but Drizzt is more human than Entreri. Jarlaxle Baenre is... Jarlaxle is Jarlaxle, how can someone not love him

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:59 am
Valas Hume
Angleic Shadow
Bookwyrme
How much change?

Drizzt is the way he is cuz of how he grew up in Menzoberranzan. He doesn't like the prospect of growing up & watching all those he loves dying of old age while he's still a young adult in Drow timelines...

Entreri is more Drow than Drizzt but Drizzt is more human than Entreri. Jarlaxle Baenre is... Jarlaxle is Jarlaxle, how can someone not love him

Yep  

Angleic Shadow

3MPYRE

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:01 am
I think Drizz't is a very interesting character. He has so much mystery about himself.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:15 pm
3MPYRE
I think Drizz't is a very interesting character. He has so much mystery about himself.

Read more Salvatore, Drizzt isn't mysterious, he's emo xd  

Valas Hume

Resara

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:09 pm
Valas Hume
3MPYRE

BE NICE! Drizzt Do'Urden is the best and all know it. Has anyone read The Hunter's Blade Trilogy? *shivers* i love the book with a loathing. why dont characters ever listen to you when you yell at them! crying  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:00 pm
Valas Hume
3MPYRE

He is not emo.  

3MPYRE

Boy-Fido

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:15 am
Well, it looks as though it's been a while since someone has posted something on here, so let me give it a try. The only book so far that I've read of R.A. Salvatore is "The Cleric Quintet" and I loved the book with all the colorful characters. Because of that book I have bought all of Salvatore's other book but still have yet to read. Right now I'm finishing up on my Elminster books by Ed Greenwood, once I finish those I will move on to my Salvatore books ... can anyone tell me which one I should start with? I might just start by date it was published or figure out the order they are in. Anyways, I love Salvatore's writing.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff