Natural Disasters: I can see one from my house, can you? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sublime_necromancer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:28 pm
User Image
EVERY DAY! The collapse of civility and the uprising of redundant commercial apocalypse!

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:26 am
SUBLIME IS RIGHT!!! What could be scarier than that?!

Maybe the fact that a tree was shot through my PawPaw's screened porch in a freak tornado. That was TOTALLY backyard, and scary as HELL. I live in VA and my PawPaw's house is in the neighborhood in Suffolk/Chesapeake that the tornado hit. He was SO lucky that was the only damage since other houses were leveled. Miraculously no deaths, though, so huzzah!

Also, when I went to Iowa with hubby to visit friends we got to see the aftermath of the big flood there. Probably the only thing exciting to happen in Iowa since it was settled! I loved our friend's family: His mom totally wanted me to help her shop goth.

SunnyLore

broken_joker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:45 am
The most I'll get is a very minor earthquake and some fairly stunning lightning storms when they happen.

England is fairly boring, other than floods we don't get much in the way of natural disasters.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:34 pm
Eh we get tornados alot but I doubt anyone notices th damage done by them, the town is s**t as it is, hopefully I'll be moving soon though.... hopefully... gonk  

Awesome Akwardness

sublime_necromancer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:10 am
In all truth and honesty in regards to mother nature's fury (no, not FURRY...lol)...Not much happens of that sort in the great (chaotically boring, disaster-wise) white north. Supposeably, archaic earthquakes and other displays of nature's peeved off moods only happened in the early 1800's here *grumble grumble sigh*. Maybe it's something about being in a "nice" society! lol!!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:27 pm
I saw fires all the tome while I used to live in California.
Can't really see when an earthquake is coming though. -_-

Now all I have to worry about is freezing to death.

Kakei Setsunai

Beloved Phantom

Zandratic

6,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:14 pm
blizzards, tornadoes, firetrucks and police trucks flying by normally because of a bomb threat or some stupid reason, the occasional fire, oh and the massive floods happen like twice a year in the spring SUCK!

when i'm with my mom there's usually some sort of tropical storm or hurricane going on or some sort of minor earthquake, floods and flipping hard rain from nowhere!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:08 pm
All I ever see are storms, which are never really disastrous where I am sans the 3 different occasions when 3 different trees were struck by lightning and ended up falling next to my old unstable house. That was pretty and exciting so I forgive the lightning.
I think the people I lived with were more disastrous than any weather could be. Feet flying through the celing, police sirens, the haunted blender...all blurry and funny in retrospect. 3nodding

AdrianaKitten

The Evil Rabbit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:58 am
I get severe thunderstorms where I live here in Erie, Pennsylvania. Winter also tends to last from late October/early November through around Easter.

Other than that, sometimes we get waterspouts out on Lake Erie. I can't see the lake from my house, but I know plenty of people who have seen them. Occasionally my grandmother, who lives closer to the lake, will find a dead fish or two in her backyard as a result of them.

(waterspout = tornado that touches down on a body of water)

Oh yeah, there was also that time several years ago when I saw a bolt of lightning strike the telephone pole next to my house. It blew out the transformer. Unfortunately, my mother's computer at the time did not have a surge protector that included a plug for the phone line, so that bolt of lightning fried the modem. We had no Internet until she finally got around to buying another modem. It was back in the days of 56k, but still...NO INTERNET!!! gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:06 pm
In Hawaii we get flooding. Not much up at my house because I live on top of a ridgeline and we're safe from everything but the little drips of water that sometimes make it in through the roof. But the university, where my parents work, is in a valley. One Halloween there was a really terrific flood that tore through campus. It got into the basement of the library and destroyed a whole collection of maps and documents. It got into the building next to the one Mom works in and shorted out everything on the ground floor. We went to campus that weekend to gawk at the damage and there was mud everywhere. Also drifts of leaves and tide stains on the walls. Lecture halls were completely underwater. It was pretty spectacular.  

Veruniel
Crew

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas