Reply The L Guild Forum
Is L dead? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

faerygirl-14

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:37 pm
Was it? I didn't see. But, I guess it would be easy.
Anyways, I certainly hope they preserved the body... o.o
I'm sure Near would have been happy to see L anyways, even if he had holes in his body...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:42 pm
I think Matsuda said something like "its been 4(or something like that) days since Ryuzaki's funeral, and we still dont know anything about him"  

tokijin0

faerygirl-14

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:44 pm
Oh... I see...  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:08 am
There was a funeral. It was in a deleted scene. You can view it here.

This has me now imagining L coming back but being all gross and zombie-ish, like in "The Monkey's Paw."  

randomnessensues

UltimaMage3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:20 pm
To me, if there was any way/reason for L to have avoided death by Rem's notebook, it would have been through successful use of a body double.

The LABB cases has him using Misora as his eyes/hands while he's working on the case his own way, far away from harm. And since L is said to be a pathological liar, I wouldn't put it past him to have told what could be the "biggest lie ever" and using a body double the same way he used Misora, successfully keeping his distance from Rem, Kira, or anyone else. I imagine that the double would report to L as many times as needed, and using the information he receives, L would come up with a counter solution to whatever problem is, as something for the double to carry out to play the role of "L". For a lame comparison, the double would be like the hologram in "I, Robot", with an 'automated' response to any and every question thrown at him [the only difference is that this guy wouldn't tell you that you're asking the wrong question in the first place. whee ;;;;].

But in all seriousness, a double wouldn't be very implausible, because let's face it. L's name is never actually shown in the anime. Only in a card/the How to Read volume. He dies, and no one knows his true name except Rem (and Misa, who forgot it). The best chance we had at seeing his true name was when we were momentarily seeing the world through Misa's eyes. He introduced himself as "Hideki Ryuga" and she was surprised, because the name she/we saw over his head was-- Light blocked our view before we could see it. Darn! gonk Now, even if that was really L or not, Misa would still have been surprised at the name, for the sole reason that whatever the "true name" was, it wasn't what he had said it was. His name could've been Bob, for all we know. xd ;;; L could avoid dying entirely (poor double, if that's the case) and shown up in the last episode as Light was laying on the steps in his last moments (Light would swear he was seeing things, probably). And since the anime doesn't continue with its story the same way the manga does, who knows what could've happened later on?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:45 pm
I am opposed to the body double idea, because that would mean the L we all know and love (hopefully, or you probably shouldn't have picked this guild...) is someone else... but if that were so, he wouldn't have NEEDED a body DOUBLE, because no one knows what he looks like, anyways.  

faerygirl-14

UltimaMage3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:08 pm
But that's not totally out of character for him to do, and maybe he didn't need a 'body' double per se, just someone willing to look 'L' enough/relay his thoughts and intelligence to get Kira's attention. Maybe I should have said 'representative' rather than 'double'.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:24 pm
I dunno... I still doubt it was a rep/double... Anyways, wouldn't it have said so if it was a double?  

faerygirl-14

UltimaMage3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:41 pm
Depends on your definition of 'it'. lol It as in, the HtR volume, or 'it' as in the representative themselves?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:18 pm
No, I meant 'it' as in, the author, or the story. Because L would have been working again, or at least helping Near.  

faerygirl-14

UltimaMage3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:12 pm
Obviously, they didn't say it because it didn't actually happen. I'm saying, it was possible it could happen. xd L helping Near would kinda... I don't know, I don't see that happening. Would he be helping Near during the Kira case, or after the Kira case? Because helping Near during the Kira case when he's supposed to be 'dead' would mean he would run the risk of being found out. Not directly, but it would ruin the point of Near showing up and having come up with all of the information on his own.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:33 pm
Psh
Near, smart? As if. L was the mastermind. Near had to pretend so no one would suspect L was alive.  

faerygirl-14

tokijin0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:39 pm
L could have been telling things about Kira to Near... especally considering that a lot of Near's deductions seem to come out of nowhere...  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:26 am
xd I'm forgetting who's side we're all on now. Okay, possibility~! L uses a representative, representative dies, he works behind the scenes helping Near who's... pretty much L Representative 2.0 given his role, Near finds out who Kira is, then L comes back and resumes his role as L. It works!  

UltimaMage3

faerygirl-14

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:46 pm
Yay! Someone agrees with me! XD YAY!  
The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items