Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Warriors Guild

Back to Guilds

HEY WARRIORS GUILD MEMBERS AND FANS! WE HAVE MOVED TO DEVIANTART! http://www.deviantart.com/the-warriors-guild AS OF 2019 WE ARE ACTIVE!!!! 

Tags: Warriors, Erin Hunter, Warrior Cats 

Reply SnowClan
Need a Name? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fangsnuzzles

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:03 am
Thank you!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:54 pm
no problemo!  

Panda--Chan
Captain

Kitt ShadowDeath

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:08 am
my name is Sparrowkit, Sparrowpaw, then Sparrowheart  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:16 am
Could I be Shadekit?  

icewhisker16

Emmy Dark

2,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:11 pm
dont worry shadekit crystalstar put you down on the intro to snowclan forum  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:46 pm
actually i did that but yes, you may be shadekit.  

Panda--Chan
Captain

LeonWavreon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:09 pm
Hey, can I have some help? I don't know how to start being in the roleplay forum. AAH, I'M SO CONFUSED!!! gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:09 pm
I LOVE snow so SNOWCLAN is definitley for me. The name I always refer myself to when RPing with my friend is Sunkit. Is that OK? Well, usually I call myself Sunstorm but this is OK. yay!! First post! And... when we have done 6 posts, do we PM you or what?  

Kirksome

7,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Kirksome

7,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:11 pm
Lyn Waveryn
Hey, can I have some help? I don't know how to start being in the roleplay forum. AAH, I'M SO CONFUSED!!! gonk

What do you mean by 'start being in the roleplay forum'? Like, how to start rping, or what do you do or what?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:40 pm
just notify us somehow when you've posted 6 times and i'll do your ceremony.

the name Sun- has been taken by PebbleClan's warrior Sunshard, is there any other name you would like?  

Panda--Chan
Captain

LeonWavreon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:05 pm
redrox123
Lyn Waveryn

What do you mean by 'start being in the roleplay forum'? Like, how to start rping, or what do you do or what?

Yeah, I mean how to start role-playing. I've never done it before. But my brother has, he's pretty good at it too.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:49 pm
Lyn Waveryn
redrox123
Lyn Waveryn

Yeah, I mean how to start role-playing. I've never done it before. But my brother has, he's pretty good at it too.

OK, let me see if I can get you a reference from another guild I have... I think hat this person explains it fairly well.

Ah here it is...

This is ALL written by Katta Tsuki, if there are any references in this that she got this information from, she did not list them

"Time to Play!

Now, there are some basic things you new roleplayers need to learn- these are the things that are vital to your survival as a RPer. These are the "obvious rules". Lets start with what roleplay is for the uber newbies out there.

Roleplay - to assume the attitudes, actions, and discourse of (another), esp. in a make-believe situation in an effort to understand a differing point of view or social interaction

In Gaia terms, this means that one creates a character and then plays out the actions of that character in words. You type out what your character does, says, thinks, or feels. In doing so, you interact with others characters while pulling your character's imaginary strings. There is generally a basic plot line to the roleplay, but within the boundaries of that plot, you can do... anything!

Of course, there are always rules. so, tune in to the next post to find out more~

((Note: I suppose by now youve all noticed that I'm a bit eccentric. This is exciting! There will be no particular order. Just keep checking back. ^^ Also, this whole thing could take a while, seeing as it is a work book of all the general rules and courtesy of roleplay. That in and of itself might take a while. Plus, personal notes. So don't expect this thing to be done for a really, really long time. Until then, no posty posty!))

Powerplay

Powerplay, godmoding, all those terrible things that are always one of the first antis in the rules. But what are they? You can call it whatever you want (I prefer the term 'powerplay') but this is the practice of being a little too all powerful. It encompasses making another person's character perform actions, dodging every hit, and auto-killing people. It is one of those things that every roleplayer hates and that newbies often get yelled at for.

((Note: I got yelled at for this when I first started roleplay. It was in the rules, but I didn't know what it was! Maybe thats why it's so important to me in my mind.))

Literacy

Literacy is something else thatis fairly important. There are several levels to it, and each level requires something from the player. This is the grammar, spelling, and postlength. Many of you who are starting out just now are probably under the class of beginner or semi-literate. Here's a list of literacies-

Beginner - This means that there will probably be a lot of one liners (posts that are one line of Gaia post text), poor grammar and/or spelling, and in general a cliched plotline. (Ex: a Naruto roleplay, a Twilight roleplay, angels vs. demons, etc.)

Semi-Literate - This is a roleplay a step about Beginner Literate. There are higher grammar reuirements, with better spelling. Also, the writers here will probably write more, about 3-8 lines Gaian text being an average. The plot-lines here are also generaly more likely to be original or complex. You'll still see some cliches, but not as many.

Literate - This is one step above semi-literate, albeit a rather big one. Literate roleplays require good speeling and grammar. It's recomended to use spell-check and read through for typos. Also, the posts here are more sophisticated sounding, with more impressive vocabulary. The posts are about 3-4 paragraphs, making a good 20-25 lines of Gaian text. The ideas are almost always original, or a edited-spinoff of a more classic story. (ex: Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan)

Adcanced Literate - This is the most literate form of roleplay. Perfect spelling and grammar are usually the rule of thumb, and spell-check is a big factor. The vocabulary is almost definately better, and the post length is one and half pages to two pages in Microsoft Word. (An average of 6 meaty paragraphs) The plotlines are in general about the same as a Literate Roleplay, although there is likely to be defined characters.

((Note: The literacies about are only basic guidelines from my experience. They're a good idea of what to expect from the title given.))"

Still doesn't make any sense? Just say and I'll see if I can explain it better... unlikely, though.  

Kirksome

7,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Kirksome

7,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:57 pm
Panda--Chan

the name Sun- has been taken by PebbleClan's warrior Sunshard, is there any other name you would like?

gonk That has always been my Warriors name! OK, fine. I'll pick another...

Mosskit
If that is taken, Swiftkit
If that is taken, Brightkit
If that is taken, Foxkit
If that is taken, Silverkit
If that is taken, Sweetkit
If that is taken, Goldenkit
If that is taken, Clearkit
If that is taken, Briarkit
If that is taken, Leafkit
If that is taken, Fallenkit
If that is taken, Honeykit
If that is taken, Eaglekit
If that is taken, Nettlepaw
If that is taken, Blossomkit
If that is taken, Mistykit
If that is taken, Poppykit

Now at least ONE of those HAS to be open. If none of them are, then we have a serious problem because this is my sixth post and how can you become an apprentice if you haven't a kit name?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:28 pm
redrox123
Panda--Chan

gonk That has always been my Warriors name! OK, fine. I'll pick another...

Mosskit
If that is taken, Swiftkit
If that is taken, Brightkit
If that is taken, Foxkit
If that is taken, Silverkit
If that is taken, Sweetkit
If that is taken, Goldenkit
If that is taken, Clearkit
If that is taken, Briarkit
If that is taken, Leafkit
If that is taken, Fallenkit
If that is taken, Honeykit
If that is taken, Eaglekit
If that is taken, Nettlepaw
If that is taken, Blossomkit
If that is taken, Mistykit
If that is taken, Poppykit

Now at least ONE of those HAS to be open. If none of them are, then we have a serious problem because this is my sixth post and how can you become an apprentice if you haven't a kit name?

stressed I had this posted 14 days ago, and no one has replied to it. Luckily, I managed to get Clystalstar to give me Clearpaw, but I still need to take the test to determine where I am! Please!

(If you don't my kitty Tigerclaw will get mad...)  

Kirksome

7,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

DemonPuppyNinja101

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:48 pm
Can I join snow clan, plase post names that have not been taken.  
SnowClan

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff