Reply Writing Discussion
~Helpful Links~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vaporeae

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:40 am
I just did that Mary-Sue test on Jack, who is my favourite character at the moment. And he survived (woo!) with a perfectly ok 19.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:39 pm
Stelle Cadenti
You guys have to remember not to take that test so seriously though, Mary Sues and Gary Stu's are altogether subjective character types, and you really should mainly use your own judgment. Just want to put that out there, because these kind of things are not completely reliable, just a bit of good fun.

Stelle's totally right. It's only when Princess Prudence Star Serephelia Diamond is swinging her floor length purple hair out of her perfectly sapphire eyes so she can see where she's aiming her claymore that you really have a problem. All heroes' need defining characteristics and they are inevitably set apart by them. All that they need is to be plausible within the confines of your story. Although I decided that the main character in my pet novel needed to be ridiculously normal and she scored a -5 on the mary Sue Test, so I hope I can say Mission Accomplished! whee  

Evermore Reality

4,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Danielle Metallicar Chase

4,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:08 pm
This is a blog by several Fictionpress authors who are either published, about to get publishes, or are out looking for agents and they are giving out advice for everyone:

http://letthewordsflow.wordpress.com/  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:24 am
I've been doing more Mary Sue tests, and on my NaNo novel characters too.

Vilran only got 16, which I find highly amusing, since he's an elf and he got such a low score. Meh, I'm a bit attached to him. He's really cute with Silyth (Oh, I'm doing her next - this will be fun XD) <3

Oh, I'm so amused with Silyth's score; she got a 3 XD. She's an elf too, and she got, like, the lowest score ever. It's 'cause she's really selfish and is so completely cruel to Vilran sometimes, and she's all completely oblivious to his hints... you know, I really don't like her, which is weird, since I normally like my main characters. She's just... ugh, I'm sure she has some good points XD. Well, actually, she does, and I know it. Her bad points just come out more often.

They're the two mains in my NaNo novel...

Haha, I'm so amused.

Vaporeae

Jareths Girl_24TTW

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:42 pm
Thanks for these links they RE REALLY HELPFUL  
Writing Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items