Reply Announcements
~Introductions~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saeanite

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:45 pm
Haha. I have to say this. Kevin, I’m half Scottish =D Me Dad lived in Scotland ‘till he was 5 – Stirlingshire xD

Sorry. I tell that to every Scott I meet =D

Okay. So… Call me any variation of my username, or Sarah =]
I’m 16, and I’m Australian – so any of you Americans, I do not spell colour wrong xD
I’m obviously a writer, a very obsessive one. I don’t have an ego, not at all… Except for my writing =] My English teacher says something good about my work, and my ego swells big time. He just had to tell me I got 20 out of 30 in the creative writing part of my trial yr 10 exam.

Okay, if its not obvious yet, I can talk a lot… well, I mean write, a lot. I ramble when I’m talking online. IRL, I’m rather quiet. Complete opposite personalities.
Uhm, lets see. I write poetry and prose. I loathe writing sonnets, ballads and such. I like having my own style, with no rules – whether it be a horse-walking beat or something with no rhyme at all.
I’m always writing, though I haven’t yet finished any stories ‘cept for a fairy tale I did once. Though I’m working on a story now which I feel I will finish, as well as a Pirate novel based on an RP I’m in.

Did I mention I love to RP? Its one of my passions, because I also love acting, though I have never been in a play in my high school life, nor have I ever participated in any sort of drama class at school – but that’s only because we don’t have a drama class. However when we do Shakespear, we act it out [well, say the lines]. My personal favourite is Macbeth – I adore playing the three witches & Hectate, Macbeth, but more specifically – Lady Macbeth. I love her, immensely.

Uhm, some of my favourite reads are things such as the Inheritance Series, the Dragonlink books, the Twilight Saga, anything by Paulina Simmons (especially Road to Paradise, just thinking about it feels me with an emotion I cannot describe).

Oh, I also love photography. I want to be a professional photographer and author one day =]

I’ve had some stuff published – only movie reviews and an article in my local newspaper though… God I hate journalism -__-

Anyways, I think that’s enough rambling for now. I apologize, I just like flaunting myself to the internet community because I’m popular on the internet, and I cant get enough. I guess that’s what you get for being a loner IRL xD

Oh, and one more thing. I have one hand, because I was born like it =] just thought I’d get that out there – I’m missing my left hand, in case you’re wondering.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:06 am
Trickster Puppet
Haha. I have to say this. Kevin, I’m half Scottish =D Me Dad lived in Scotland ‘till he was 5 – Stirlingshire xD

I’m 16, and I’m Australian – so any of you Americans, I do not spell colour wrong xD
I’m obviously a writer, a very obsessive one. I don’t have an ego, not at all… Except for my writing =] My English teacher says something good about my work, and my ego swells big time. He just had to tell me I got 20 out of 30 in the creative writing part of my trial yr 10 exam.

Okay, if its not obvious yet, I can talk a lot… well, I mean write, a lot. I ramble when I’m talking online. IRL, I’m rather quiet. Complete opposite personalities.
Uhm, lets see. I write poetry and prose. I loathe writing sonnets, ballads and such. I like having my own style, with no rules – whether it be a horse-walking beat or something with no rhyme at all.
I’m always writing, though I haven’t yet finished any stories ‘cept for a fairy tale I did once. Though I’m working on a story now which I feel I will finish, as well as a Pirate novel based on an RP I’m in.

Did I mention I love to RP? Its one of my passions, because I also love acting, though I have never been in a play in my high school life, nor have I ever participated in any sort of drama class at school – but that’s only because we don’t have a drama class. However when we do Shakespear, we act it out [well, say the lines]. My personal favourite is Macbeth – I adore playing the three witches & Hectate, Macbeth, but more specifically – Lady Macbeth. I love her, immensely.

Uhm, some of my favourite reads are things such as the Inheritance Series, the Dragonlink books, the Twilight Saga, anything by Paulina Simmons (especially Road to Paradise, just thinking about it feels me with an emotion I cannot describe).

Oh, I also love photography. I want to be a professional photographer and author one day =]

I’ve had some stuff published – only movie reviews and an article in my local newspaper though… God I hate journalism -__-

Anyways, I think that’s enough rambling for now. I apologize, I just like flaunting myself to the internet community because I’m popular on the internet, and I cant get enough. I guess that’s what you get for being a loner IRL xD

Oh, and one more thing. I have one hand, because I was born like it =] just thought I’d get that out there – I’m missing my left hand, in case you’re wondering.

Well, nice to meet anyone that is from/knows someone from Scotland biggrin

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:39 pm
Arakratos
Trickster Puppet

Well, nice to meet anyone that is from/knows someone from Scotland biggrin

I think everyone has a bit of Scot in them, I think I'm a quarter Scottish, My Grandpa on my Dads side was from Scotland. Other than that I'm Irish and Mennonite. Go odd combinations!

I love ot act as well, but I've never gotten a part in my school plays. I mostly do Improv now, which is completely awesome! (for those of you who don't know what it is, improv, short for improvisation, is just acting without having anything rehearsed. We go up on stage, get something from the audience, like a character trait, and act out a scene based around that character trait on the spot) I recommend a healthy dose of Improv to everyone.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:56 pm
I am Nem, or any other variation on my username that you can conceivably come up with, although my real name's Jenni. I'm 16 and English. I don't have any Scottish in me as far as I know, but I do have a bit of Irish.

I'm an emerging author - as of yet, I've finished very little and remain unpublished, probably for the sake of humanity. I dabble in all sorts of other creative stuff as well.

I adore Terry Pratchett. <333 I will not rest until my Discworld collection is complete! *dramatic pose*

Aaaaand that's all I can think of for now. =D  

Nemora

Jeering Codger

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:29 pm
Oh no! The Scottish streak is broken!

I have a friend who practically only reads Terry Pratchett books, the only one I've read is Good Omens, and that's actually a collaboration between him a Neil Gaiman.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:42 pm
Greetings!

My real name is, well, altogether too banal. Just call me Dhes (pronounced "Dez") or Howie (I have plenty friends who call me that - they're probably making fun of me, but I see it as a compliment), or of course, my username. I'm actually female, though I often masquerade as a guy online, because it makes my life a whole lot easier. I'm quite nearly 35, unaccountably American, and free from the vices normally associated with writers, except for coffee and sugar. I work as a legal secretary in what they say is a rather prestigious law firm, located in a distressingly modern city in the Midwest. On the whole, I'd rather be in Providence.

I've been scribbling since high school, and mostly in the vein of what they used to call the "weird." Dark fantasy, horror (supernatural mostly, though I have sometimes turned my hand toward the cosmic), and a little comedic sci-fi. Most of it used to be crap and for some years, I was on something of a writing hiatus. That has since ended, I'm better now, and I've started sending some of my tales around to various magazines for publication. The rejection slip I've gotten so far (the first of legions, no doubt!) was the nice one, that said they just don't have room at the moment; please try back later. I'm told by others I have a talent for making people's flesh crawl. I've decided I need to do something about that.

Graveyards are beautiful. The older, the better.

Neil Gaiman is a Living God of Fiction. As is Terry Pratchett. I adore beyond all semblance of reason H. P. Lovecraft, and I greatly relish Edgar Allan Poe as well. Algernon Blackwood, J. S. LeFanu, M. R. James, Nathaniel Hawthorne (I prefer his short tales to his novels), Ambrose Bierce, and Barbara Hambly all happily dot my shelves, along with quite a number of others. I possess somewhere around 1,000 books, and my library grows every month. I am also a big horror movie maven (I don't count "slasher" as "horror").

My hair is blue-black (because I dye it), I am extremely short, and my style is mostly Gothic, ecclectic, eccentric, occassionally Edwardian. The sooner the emos finish committing suicide, the sooner I can have my damn'd wardrobe color palette back, without all the insipid drama. I am about 1/16 Scottish. The rest of me is English, Irish, Welsh, Dutch and German. Yes, this means that when I get some sun, the sun wins, and I burn like a lobster. That hasn't happened in years, though I spend a lot of my summers outside. I write verse (though I probably shouldn't - it's pretty awful), prose, and prose-poetry. I also sew, weave, do various forms of braiding, sing, play the autoharp (and the bodhran, recorder, pennywhistle and ocarina - considering zobophone, if I can find one), and I have, on occassion, made my own shoes. I belong to the Society for Creative Anachronism, where I do much of this stuff, as part of the whole medieval and Renaissance re-creation thing.

I suspect this may be a tad quiet during NaNoWriMo, but thought I'd drop in anyway. I'm not actually doing it myself, because November is a pretty dreadful time of the year, considering my schedule. I also compose by hand, with a fountain pen and Xerox paper, so the deadline is a little harsh. March would be better. November's already Birthday Month, and this is the time of the year when stuff really starts getting hectic at the office and when I get home, the only things I want to do when I get home is be a vegetable and eat cake. Carrot cake counts as both....

I also tend to rabbit on at length. Especially about Lovecraft. I have been known to shut up about him. Sometimes for hours at a time. biggrin Please feel free to tell me to zip it, if it's too much. (I'm probably an Aspie, and can therefore be a little clueless at times.)  

Lhuv-Kerapht

4,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

My BlAcK sTaR sHiNe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:12 pm
Call me Star, Or just Black Star Shine if you are into formal addressing.
I also go by Jaybs.
I'm a writer (or at least i think so, you can tell me)
I'm random.
I'm a girl.
I'm sixteen, will be seventeen in march.
The main reason I'm part of Gaia is for writing, I'm not really a big fanatic about Anime or Mnaga, sorry.
I write about what I want,
what I dream,
and what I do.
I want love, friends, and peace.
I dream about vampires, zombies, boys, extremes, and Fuzzy Purple Dinosaurs (dont ask...)
I do; writing, music, four wheeling, dancing (free style that has no style), camping, setting things on fire, reading, drinking soda pop, and above all making silly faces.
I love to read.
Currently reading: burned By Ellen Hopkins
Love music
With a deep passion.
Music is my drug,
my life,
my air,
my everything,
so is writing.
Hope you enjoy my writing.

Oh,

And Dinosaurs rock.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:58 am
Yes, dinosaurs do rock.

I can't say I enjoy setting things on fire, I actually have a slight (major) fear of fire... redface  

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

Jaynie Bug

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:43 am
Hey My name Is Jane, my username was a childhood nickname. Call me any variation of it, its okay by me. I’m 21 and live in Southern Oregon, US. And yes I have problems with spelling, always have probably always will, and that’s why the dictionary and spell check were created.

I’ve been writing stories since the second grade, and all my English teachers have loved me. My high school teacher, David, usually scored me at 25/20 on all my work. People have constantly told me to publish some of my writing, but I am way too chicken. I also enjoy telling stories; I’ve been known to be able to capture my audience with the first word.

My forms of writing stray between: imaginative, explanatory, and I often spew them with fantasy. My favorite authors are Charles De Lint, Mercedes Lackey, and Piers Anthony. Although, I do read more authors, I seem to read theirs more than others.

And well as genealogy goes I’m your average American, Heinz 57. V.V it’s true my ancestors were whorish.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:07 pm
Greetings everyone. xD

Call me Jonni. (Really I’m Joanie, but hey, they’re close enough. No need to make things complicated.) I’m a girl, fifteen, an aspiring writer, and a definite book nerd. Although I’ve been “writing” since a young age, I’ve quite a ways to go if I’m to become decent at it. I’ve tried my hand – rather wretchedly – at poetry, but nowadays I’m mostly writing odd short stories, usually fantasy.

I have a penchant for mythology and folklore, cabaret music, anachronisms, and generally obscure, forgotten, and/or weird things. My favorite authors are Neil Gaiman, China Mieville, Margaret Atwood, Michael Chabon, and Susanna Clarke.

Jonni Mnemonic

Flastic Plamingo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:37 am
Well, merry Christmas, all. Or happy holidays, whatever it is you celebrate. Or just happy winter vacation. Take your pick.

For the sake of anonymity, you can call me by any variation of my username, if you want. Or just make something up. I don't really care. Either way, I'm a five foot, nine inch Scorpio who is old enough to buy lottery tickets and to join the army, and I live somewhere in the Land of Lincoln. And I'm not Scottish, sorry. Irish/Czechoslovakian, actually. Har. I like words and well-placed apostrophes and spaghetti. And J-fashion. Music is good, too. Yes, indeed. Especially 80s music. Mmm.

I'm an aspiring novelist (fiction writing major, woooh), but I'll also write short stories. If someone's twisting my arm, I might also pen some poetry, albeit unwillingly. I like futuristic/modern fantasy and satire, among other things. Rest in peace, Kurt Vonnegut. And Mr. Tolkien. Why are all of my favorite authors dead?

I can also insult your mother in Latin. Yeah, this is where the taxpayers' money is going.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:17 am
(Belated) Merry Christmas and (Early) Happy New Year!

My name is Gloria (Wong) and as my surname suggests, I'm Chinese. Actually, I'm a Singaporean, so...no Caucasian blood whatsoever Scottish or Irish, sadly. I'm quite sure my ancestors were farmers in China before they came to Singapore. I'm 17, going to be 18 next year and in the strict legal system of Singapore, I'm not allowed to watch any violent or sexually explicit (M1 cool films, I'm not allowed to drink or smoke or drive and I'm not allowed to have a Visa card...The only thing I'm allowed to do is legally have sex which I clearly am not intending to. And as the education system here goes, I'm still schooling. Another year to go before university and freedom! I'm not planning to stay here to study uni.

I am actually a science student growing up in an arts family. My sisters study literature and art, while I ace in physics and chemistry and math. But I've been the bookworm since young and maybe it's because of that that I developed a love for the arts too even if I don't study it. I like to write short stories for leisure mostly because I have no patience to write a long one. I also play in my school classical guitar ensemble, abit of pop music solo on piano and sing in the church choir. Other than those, I mostly just play video games or go out with my friends shopping or playing sports...Which means, I hardly stay at home or do my homework. ><

And I can talk alot too. 3nodding

I usually go on overseas trips every year, adventure or volunteer work. I'm planning on enjoying my pre-university life next Dec by going for a cross-country trip in America or something with a few friends because I have an incredibly horrible sense of direction. Oh yea, and I really hate Singaporean guys. I'm usually quite mean to them, and my guy friends are either really close to me or not a local. But apart from that, I suppose I don't really have anything against guys...Just not planning to like one. I'm not lesbian too. Lol.

gloria_wong_91

2,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Sali-Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:02 pm
I won't reveal my name (because I'm paranoid like that) but you can call me Sali, which is an old nickname of mine.

I like to write and read and listen to music... I also tend to write about more depressing topics- can't end a story happily without it sounding cheesy. I love cliffhangers, too.

I can write a lot- probably the only student who teachers have to give a word limit too- but right now really can't think of anything. I'm me. There's really nothing more to it than that.

EDIT: I did think of something. Sorry, I'm not Scottish, rather what a relative of mine calls "Heniz 57". Basically, everything. So I may be a little bit Scottish. Primarily, I think, though, I'm Polish, who have a reputation for being stupid (a fact I'm quite proud of, thank you very much)  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:02 am
Hey, I’m Wolfen Princess. Since I decided to change my name, I decided to change my introduction as well. You can still call me whatever you like, I don’t really mind as long as it isn’t offensive, (of course no one here would do that.)

I enjoy writing in all sorts of genres, though I tend to favor darker romance. I like to take happy clichés and make them more realistic and crueler. Poems I write spur of the moment, which is really frustrating. Sometimes someone can tell me to write them a poem about ice cream and I can crank it out in five minutes. Other times it just won’t come. Poetry just has it’s own special kind of writer’s block in my head.
My inspiration comes music most of the time, though the stories usually change so much that you can’t even recognize where they came from. (For example, Tears of an Angel was inspired by Toxic by Brittany Spears. Bet you wouldn’t have guessed that…)

I suppose this is enough about me…I’m not a very experienced writer, probably the only one on here who isn’t writing a novel, but I’m happy and willing to give any opinions I have on anyone’s writing. I really hope I can become a better writer through this guild. It’s my (current) goal in life.  

Wolfen Princess

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:39 am
Nice to meet everybody!  
Announcements

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers