Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 20. ✿ - - - Debating
What are your opinions on abortion? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Singapura Sixx

Animal Zealot

13,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:09 pm
As wicked as you are, you're beautiful to me.

I don't agree with abortion... there is one where I haven't really decided, but I'll get back to that.

As far as the condom fails, you were raped, incest... why should an innocent child pay the price for your mistake and/or unfortunate incident? It wasn't their fault the condom broke or you were raped or you just flat out chose to be stupid, so they shouldn't have to pay the consequences with their life. I think of it this way: Am I glad my parents were pro-life? Yes. (I was a mistake child, just FYI.)

The instance where I don't quite know how I stand on it is if the mother's and/or baby's life is in danger.

You're the darkest burning star; You're my perfect disease.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:39 pm
Allymanderxx
I like the debating over abortion personally.
I think that it would be hard to make it illegal, everyone has different morals and views on it.
I agree with abortion. Yet, only to a certain extent...

Here are my views::

1.] You don't want a baby, simply don't have sex.
2.] If you do have sex, use protection.
3.] If a baby so happens, it should be the woman's choice to abort it, keep it, or give it up for adoption.
4.] It is wrong to bring an unwanted child into the world. That is one more child that needs a home that they might not get.
5.] If the baby so happens to have some serious health issues that the mother does not want her child to live with due to how the cruel the world can be.
6.] Can't afford to raise a child.
7.] Is simply to young to have a child.
8.] Raped. [Keep or abort]
9.] HIV Positive. [Keep or abort]
10.] The mother could be killed by the child during birth. [If known soon enough]

I don't believe that abortion should be used as an active birth control method.
Girl gets pregnant, abort.
Again the girl gets pregnant, abort again.
And again.
And again.
And again.
-.-;;

I am a spiritual person and I believe that the mother feels the baby soul enter through her body and into the fetus. After that happens, I do not believe abortion should happen. I, personally, would consider it murder.
Or.
You may have an abortion up to the 2nd trimester. After that, too bad.

I do believe banning it could result in women using a coat hanger or getting an abortion in a dirty setting that could be extremely risky.
It is better for there to be rules and restrictions [like up to the 2nd tri only] then to ban all together.
I understand where religion is brought into this. BUT, freedom of religion kinda puts a stop to that.
A person or the government of the United States should not push morals that some see fit onto others.
Freedom.

And day by day it seems that our freedoms are slowly being taken away.

If abortion became illegal, what would happen to other rights women fought to have? What if that so happened to cause a domino effect and we lost other freedoms due to religious beliefs and another morals?

Everyone different.

We are not all the same. We do not all believe in the same things. We do not all have the same morals. Would the world turn into something like the world in 'The Giver'?
Are we on the path to that?
Complete sameness?
What if colors became illegal to see?

As women, young women, and young ladies, we need to stand up for out rights. It is our body. Our own body that we choose what happens to it. Rather it be a shrine for a God. Or a piece of canvas to add amazing colors and stories onto. Maybe as soldier and risk that body for everyone's freedom.

It is everyone's soul choice to what and how they choose to use there body.

Some may not believe in what I believe or what I am saying.

But, if someone came up to you and told you you couldn't wear pants anymore and that you have to wear a skirt, how would feel?

To me, if someone told me I couldn't choose to have an abortion, that I had to carry that child. I would feel tied down and betrayed that I can't my own decisions as a woman. I would feel as if, simply, I wasn't free.

America would look different to me.

o.O Sorry for the long rant...
Enjoy?

I agree completely with you. Except, I'm not very religious, but I do agree with what you have to say. Especially the fact that it is our right as a woman.
I definitely enjoyed your rant.  

Midnight Phase

6,450 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200

himura kiki Yuuki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:02 pm
option-no
1.if you don't want a baby don't mess around
2.use protection
3.it's there own penalty for doing anything with out protection  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:57 pm
I am pro-choice. I believe banning abortion would just cause more problems and isn't right. This country's government is a democracy and our soldiers aren't out fighting in a foreign country so they can come home to find out some of their rights have been taken away by their own government. Haven't we women been fighting to be equal and have our own rights since the dawn of time? If so, I think this would definitely be a step in the wrong direction.

And plus, there are many situations out there where abortion is the best answer. I won't list them all but here's a few.

It's a risk no matter what for a woman to bear a child. Everyone makes mistakes. If you're christian, just think about it, does God want to punish you for everything you do wrong in your life? No. He wants to forgive your sins and lead on a better path. Just think about how that goes with abortion, I would like to hear some feedback. 3nodding And as many have said before, adoption is not the best answer. Many places are not taken care well and can be over crowded. If you make that choice I really hope you looked long and hard at the place to make sure it was really fit to take in children. A wrong choice could lead to child endangerment, physically and mentally.

Well, I've rambled enough, and I hope to have some responses. biggrin  

policegirl2464

Ciara1095

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:31 pm
User Image I Think That Abortion is bad. I think so because
people shoud not kill babies let alone humans (people).
I think that babies have the right to live. Abortion should be illegal. If you are young and do not know how to raise a child, you can put it up for adoption.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:51 pm
I personally say anyone under the age of 17 who gets knocked up (and they weren't raped, and willingly having sex with an adult is not rape in my opinion) should have to keep the kid. Maybe that would get freakin' 13 and 14 year old girls to stop having sex. Seriously, the idea of having to take care of a baby is not pleasing to middle school aged girls.
:l
Anyone older than that should be given the option of abortion. They might get pregnant at a bad time, and they aren't able to support the baby.

I personally think anything is better than Unwinding.
(xD. It's a joke. I read a book called Unwind by Near Shusterman, WHICH WAS AMAZING, and it's about the future where a war broke out over something stupid, and I think abortion was one of the reasons too, and some scientests or something proposed the idea of taking the child apart and giving the body parts to those who need them if the child is 13+ and the parents don't want them)

Fatgirl and Robin

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:46 pm
Momo The Strange
I personally say anyone under the age of 17 who gets knocked up (and they weren't raped, and willingly having sex with an adult is not rape in my opinion (1)) should have to keep the kid. (2) Maybe that would get freakin' 13 and 14 year old girls to stop having sex. Seriously, the idea of having to take care of a baby is not pleasing to middle school aged girls. (3)

1) If I show you two ultrasounds of a rape fetus and a fetus created through consensual sex, there are no differences. Why are we lessening the value of a fetus simply due to how it was created?

2) I've never understood the logic behind this. You feel that she made a bad decision regarding herself, yet you trust that she will not make similar bad decisions while she is pregnant or while she is taking care of the baby? Why?

3) I know at least one person who got pregnant in tenth grade (two years ago), kept the kid, and is pregnant again. I've also heard stories of girls making agreements to get pregnant and raise their babies together. Forcing the girl to keep the kid will not necessarily make someone stop having sex.
Also, what about the boy that gets the girl pregnant?

Momo The Strange
Anyone older than that should be given the option of abortion. They might get pregnant at a bad time, and they aren't able to support the baby.

Middle/high school should count as a "bad time", considering that dropping out will affect what options this girl has. They also may not have a job (or simply hold a part-time job for about minimum wage), so they will have trouble supporting the baby. I don't have anything to argue with here otherwise.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:56 pm
i think abortion is a good thing.
im not saying that everyone who gets pregnant without planning it should get one, but it depends on the woman.
it is your body, your dna, pieces of you inside there
and if you don't want it, you shouldnt have to have it.
i know a girl, thirteen years old, who wanted to keep the baby.
she didnt' because it was a danger to her own life to give birth
as a 13 year old girl.
her baby would not have had a healthy life, even if he had been born.  

TheGreatandPowerfulOz4117

2,350 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Signature Look 250

La Petite Princess

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:22 pm
I believe that it should be allowed, but in the same time, I do not believe that it should be a form of birth control... in that case use a freakin' condom!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:24 pm
Zephyrkitty
Momo The Strange
I personally say anyone under the age of 17 who gets knocked up (and they weren't raped, and willingly having sex with an adult is not rape in my opinion (1)) should have to keep the kid. (2) Maybe that would get freakin' 13 and 14 year old girls to stop having sex. Seriously, the idea of having to take care of a baby is not pleasing to middle school aged girls. (3)

1) If I show you two ultrasounds of a rape fetus and a fetus created through consensual sex, there are no differences. Why are we lessening the value of a fetus simply due to how it was created?

2) I've never understood the logic behind this. You feel that she made a bad decision regarding herself, yet you trust that she will not make similar bad decisions while she is pregnant or while she is taking care of the baby? Why?

3) I know at least one person who got pregnant in tenth grade (two years ago), kept the kid, and is pregnant again. I've also heard stories of girls making agreements to get pregnant and raise their babies together. Forcing the girl to keep the kid will not necessarily make someone stop having sex.

Momo The Strange

Middle/high school should count as a "bad time", considering that dropping out will affect what options this girl has. They also may not have a job (or simply hold a part-time job for about minimum wage), so they will have trouble supporting the baby. I don't have anything to argue with here otherwise.

If a girl gets pregnant with a baby she never wanted because she was raped, and she was forced to keep the baby, that would be a perminent reminder of what had happened to her. If the girl got pregnant because she willingly had sex, then she needs to live up to what she did. It's true that there is no difference between the fetuses, it's a big difference for the mother.
And yeah, those are problems, but it's not gonna be perfect. Ideas always have flaws in them, and while that is the case for some, it is not the case for all.
And if she had sex in middle/high school, well that's her own damn fault. She shouldn't be having sex at such a young age.

Fatgirl and Robin

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:06 pm
Momo The Strange
Zephyrkitty
Momo The Strange

Momo The Strange

If a girl gets pregnant with a baby she never wanted because she was raped, and she was forced to keep the baby, that would be a perminent reminder of what had happened to her. If the girl got pregnant because she willingly had sex, then she needs to live up to what she did. It's true that there is no difference between the fetuses, it's a big difference for the mother.
And yeah, those are problems, but it's not gonna be perfect. Ideas always have flaws in them, and while that is the case for some, it is not the case for all.
And if she had sex in middle/high school, well that's her own damn fault. She shouldn't be having sex at such a young age.

So your view is that people should take responsibility for their actions, correct? I have some questions, then.
- If people should take responsibility for their actions, why do you only blame the mother for having sex?
- How will the father take responsibility for his actions?
- Will turning the fetus into a punishment for having sex be helpful to the child?
- There are women who can go through a pregnancy resulting from rape and raise the child with very few problems. There are also women who will have problems with a pregnancy from consensual sex (in some of these case the woman didn't realize there would be a problem until she was pregnant). What happens in these cases?
- What about cases where carrying the pregnancy to term could be life-threatening for the mother? Or where the pregnancy itself will not kill her, but it will prevent her from getting treatment for something else that will, such as cancer?
- How will we go about determining whether or not the fetus was the result of a rape? Most women are raped by someone they know, so simply doing a DNA test might not be enough to figure it out.

Second, you're putting in an age restriction.
- What is the difference between a girl who has sex and gets pregnant the day before her 18th birthday, and the girl who does this the day after?
- What if the girl is not fully developed and carrying the pregnancy to term would be dangerous?
- Abstinence-only sex education (which is what's been taught in most schools during Bush's presidency) teaches very little beyond 'don't have sex until you're married', and I've heard some pretty crazy myths regarding what causes/prevents pregnancies. Do you think that a girl should be punished for not understanding exactly what sex is and getting pregnant?
- On the same note, if a girl takes every precaution that she can but still gets pregnant, why punish her instead of a girl who is a few years older but chooses to have unprotected sex?
- I'm asking again. Why are you expecting this girl to take care of a child for nine months of pregnancy and 18+ years afterward? You feel that she has shown her irresponsibility by having sex before she is 18, but that she'll magically get over this and take care of the child as a perfect mother now?
- Similarily, I am eighteen, and I do not want kids at all. If I decide, despite this, to have unprotected sex with a man and end up pregnant, I am not irresponsible and may abort it?

I'll be completely honest here. I disagree with the pro-life viewpoint, but I do understand where pro-lifers are coming from. However, I don't understand the pro-punishment view of 'you had sex, so you need to deal with the consequences of your actions'. I understand 'you need to deal with the consequences of your actions, but only if you're under 18' even less. I'm not exaggerating at all when I say that your stance completely baffles me, and that I'd like you to explain why you feel this way about it, because I honestly can't understand how a person can hold this view in the first place.

Also, if you think that something is a problem, I would like to know how you think this problem should be fixed. Your suggestion might not be perfect, but it'll help your position much more than 'it's a problem, but there's not really anything I can do about it'.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:11 pm
I really feel like abortion is wrong, if you dont want a baby, dont have sex!! that simple, yeah, condoms break and birth control might not always work, but you should know that risk going in. And you cant really not be educated anymore, with school and all.

I only say abortion if the baby comes from rape, and only because most women will not love a child who came from her being raped and the child will be neglected (most likely, not saying that's true, but that's just what I think).  

Lysabear

Gracious Gaian

5,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Matron Mord Sith

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:16 pm
I see nothing wrong with it personally. Sure I practice safe sex but if I end up getting pregnant before I wanted to I'm going to have some one falcon punch the s**t out of my stomach so hard that the fetus will sail out of my vag like a torpedo.
Yes, call me a murderer. Call me a monster. I'd rather my unborn child be dead than having to be brought into a world where its not wanted and adoption is out of the question.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:49 pm
I think it shouldn'tbe allowed because you killing a chance of the world. Every baby has a chance to change the world and if you kill that you may as well kill everybody in thw world. Also if you can not take care of it or dont want it it is called adoption.  

AlliBalli52

9,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • Wall Street 200

AlliBalli52

9,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:50 pm
I am your Mord Sith
I see nothing wrong with it personally. Sure I practice safe sex but if I end up getting pregnant before I wanted to I'm going to have some one falcon punch the s**t out of my stomach so hard that the fetus will sail out of my vag like a torpedo.
Yes, call me a murderer. Call me a monster. I'd rather my unborn child be dead than having to be brought into a world where its not wanted and adoption is out of the question.

Why it would have a loving family that wasn't part of a monsterous human.  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff