Submit

Are you short?
  uhh..yeaah i am ^^;;
  no i'm not..
  I can be any size i want to be!!
View Results

XobsessiveX

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:52 am
Depends on their ethnicity. Most southeast asians are short. However Northern Chinese, Mongolians, and Koreans are generally pretty tall. Most southeast and other asian's average about 5'2 for women and 5'6 for men at best. My brother is an exception he got the tall gene from my grandpa so he's 6'2 even though he's Vietnamese. But yeah most tall asians come from the northern parts of asia.

P.S Japan doesn't count as northern asia  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:00 am
Frankly I find height not to be a issue, I might sound like those, err... stupid Motivational DVD's or what ever but. " It's what's in the inside that counts." Wow, that sounded stupid.
Anyway, to answer your question Asians In general are shorter than other races, I have no idea why, but then again, there is a kid that is fourteen in my school and he is 6'3 pretty tall.
I am 5'10 so I don't consider my self short but then again, I am not very tall at all.
Also It is an opinion of if you think your short, as people may have different definition of short, oh well.

I'm a Jenius.  

AccountManager808

chowchowpup713

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:20 am
I'm Not short I'm actually really tall for my age. I'm Korean and 15 and i'm 5'7". And i'm taller than Alot of My friends and there Not asain. So not all asians are short. It's just how tall there relatives from the past were. I'm tall cause of my grandfathers.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:11 am
XobsessiveX
Depends on their ethnicity. Most southeast asians are short. However Northern Chinese, Mongolians, and Koreans are generally pretty tall. Most southeast and other asian's average about 5'2 for women and 5'6 for men at best. My brother is an exception he got the tall gene from my grandpa so he's 6'2 even though he's Vietnamese. But yeah most tall asians come from the northern parts of asia.

P.S Japan doesn't count as northern asia

I'm not sure if that's so true. I think it's almost pretty much even between all Asians, though it's just hard to see it since there are so many tall Chinese people that it seems like there's a lot of northern Asians that are tall.

I'm 6'2" mostly Filipino, boo ya. lulz.  

Euphoric Ghost

Kawaii Cub

J ii N G Y u L i

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:40 am
mm..i'm 5'4 for a 15 year old girl.
for asians thats average.
o.o i'm taller than my mom!

I don't really care if most asians are short, most of us are always short and skinny, well of course the asians in America...like me...we're just a little bit fatter. But oh well.
Its probably because of the healthy food we eat, you know how most americans eat unhealthy food...there hecka tall and big!! And so most of them don't end up living that long. Most asians can live way longer than that, some go over 100 yrs old etc.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:32 pm
im short but there are people who are still shorter than me  

tehmagicalboxfairy

Tipsy Fairy

12,550 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conventioneer 300

DancingCherryBerry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:02 pm
rofl I'm 5"8 & I'm 13.

Anyways, it really depends. If you have short parents, there's a 75% chance you're going to turn out short.

Then if you had tall parents (like me), 75% chance you'll be tall.

So there you go. I'm pretty tall. Everyone think I'm a freak gonk

Highest I can grow is about 5"12. >.> Geez

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:26 pm
i like being short.
i use to hate it because all my friends were tall, but now, i love being short and small.

im 5"5 and am 20, and loving it~
good things come in small packages no?  

karlacosmetica

Pretty Leaf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:11 pm
J ii N G Y u L i

I don't really care if most asians are short, most of us are always short and skinny, well of course the asians in America...like me...we're just a little bit fatter. But oh well.
Its probably because of the healthy food we eat, you know how most americans eat unhealthy food...there hecka tall and big!! And so most of them don't end up living that long. Most asians can live way longer than that, some go over 100 yrs old etc.

I was reading a book about genetics the other day, there was a study between eating a lot of meat and height. According to the study, since most Asians eat a low meat diet compared to other groups of people, they tend to be shorter.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:10 pm
Yup Japanese today are getting taller because they have more meat in their diets! My growth is part diet and part genetics, my parents are average, but there's a couple in the family who are close to six feet.  

Euphoric Ghost

Kawaii Cub

Iseru Dryves

5,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:48 am
I'm short. =_=;

I don't mind being short, I just wish I were a few inches taller.. or at least my legs were a wee bit longer.. huu.. I can't complain though, I'm 5'4.. and at average height where I live. There are girls as small as 4'10 that I know of too. xD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:35 am
if you drink too much caffeine lol =P  

mosbey

Mrs Yhai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:22 pm
yes;
i'm 4'9 & i'm 15 D:  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:53 pm
I'm... 5'1 ish... And I'm THIRTEEN ? O: Oh snapples.  

- G a s p e t h u s

[F]lavor.of.[L]ife

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:22 am
Pretty Leaf
J ii N G Y u L i

I was reading a book about genetics the other day, there was a study between eating a lot of meat and height. According to the study, since most Asians eat a low meat diet compared to other groups of people, they tend to be shorter.

xD I'm fourteen and 5'3... and a half???
What you said is pretty much true. When I started surpassing most of my relatives in height, my uncle said, "YOU EAT TOO MUCH CHICKEN. D<"
LOLOL. I think it's true though. ._.
I really don't mind being my height though. I think it's perfect.
My family's all, "Don't grow too tall, or you won't find a husband!"

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces