Parental Influence Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:10 am
Honestly, it was my Mother who helped me find this culture. I grew up liking the color blue mainly, she liked black. As I grew older, I found the color more and more appealing.
It's my favorite base color, followed by white and/or gray trims.

She also allowed me to read just about ANYTHING I wanted to. Mum pushed me to read and got me into movies. We would sit up late watching some old movies or television show. Sometimes we would just talk about books, music, random things, life. She helped me find who I was over the years.

I'm glad that she's been a major part of my life, because I would have wound up very, very different had my Dad been granted custody....  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:09 am
My mom. Well she didnt exactly raised me to be goth in particular, but she rasied me to allwyas think for myself and not to become some kind of braindead "follow-the-leader" zombie. And she is not against the music i listen to or the way i dress.  

doom1000

2,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100

Sodamu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:55 pm
My parents where never really in my life, I was raised by my grandparents, but my very first real friend was a goth chick. What friends I do have are very influential in my life. When I did live with my mom she never ever judged me about anything, so maybe she did help in the long run.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:36 am
Not really. However, they did influence my love of music (my father is a huge music fan, he's always got music on in our house or car. My mom sings in choir and got me into singing myself.) and my mother especially influenced me to love reading. Actually, my sister unwittingly got me into our music by playing me Evanescence's Call Me When Your Sober and from there I discovered more and more music. This is ironic because she hates anything gothic!  

Labradorescence

Kazza Reaper

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:54 pm
Both my parents wanted me to be the perfect little prep for them x_x
I guess that did influence me becuase I didn't want to be them since both were high school drop-outs and it seemed that being exactly the opposite of what they were was a good way to go. I will admit that my step dad influences a bit of the music I listen to though.
The fact that I'm goth stopped bothering them when I turned 15 I guess, they haven't bothered me about my clothes or my choice of religion since then [boy did Ma raise a stink when I told her about Wicca...] but I'm 18 now so they can't say anything anymore except those funny 'you're in college now' looks that want me to act like a 'normal adult,' someone define normal for me?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:51 am
Raised a goth... I rebelled.... I became a metaller instead. biggrin  

Rellik San
Crew

MediaclCunt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:39 pm
Not really at all, but, my parents have always encouraged me to be my own person so that could count...  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:40 pm
Other than that,though, my parents were the ones who ******** with the Goths and the Punks on South Street in the 80's.  

MediaclCunt

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:18 pm
Rellik San
Haven't you said that at least three times here?

Oh well. Some people do not know. They are not possesers of the sacred knowledge that is the Life of Rellik. ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:40 am
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San

Oh well. Some people do not know. They are not possesers of the sacred knowledge that is the Life of Rellik. ninja

*shrugs* Well its responding to the thread and thats honestly how I came to be. biggrin  

Rellik San
Crew

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:37 pm
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San

*shrugs* Well its responding to the thread and thats honestly how I came to be. biggrin
*scratches head* I thought you were created during a supernova that happened during an eclipse......  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff