Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comrade

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:47 pm
oh so Extravagant...

Hmmm... I recommend pencil eyeliner to start with definitely.
I'd look for pictures and stuff that you like to give you an idea of what you want.
The rest is really all practice.

User Image
Magica Gothique: A Guild

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:17 pm
Just try making evenly thick lines and curve them a bit, so they make your eyes flow. it looks hawt if you want an example, PM me  

MadameMystique

pain of lust

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:35 pm
i had the same issue so wat i did wass not wear it at all but still look like i have some on so i just stay up all night,sleep in . keep rubing my eyes and it look like a purpleish black under your eye but that wat i did do wat best for u .  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:31 pm
Bad Endorsement
i just lay it on heavy and draw it out about half an inch...it is very sexy ;D

That is NOT sexy. The racoon eyes look simply goofy, poseurish, and quite amateur. No offense, but I've never seen anyone put on THAT heavy eyeliner without looking like a serious douchebag.  

SADERR

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:21 pm
Practice, practice, practice. Also, go to youtube and watch how alot of different people do their make up, this really helps.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:22 pm
Jonathonn
Bad Endorsement
i just lay it on heavy and draw it out about half an inch...it is very sexy ;D

That is NOT sexy. The racoon eyes look simply goofy, poseurish, and quite amateur. No offense, but I've never seen anyone put on THAT heavy eyeliner without looking like a serious douchebag.

-nods in agreement-  

Angel of the End

GhoulPuppy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:58 pm
Honestly? Practice until you get it just the way YOU want it. All that matters is that you like it. Who cares if others think your a douchebag? Screw them. Use different types of eyeliner, pencil, liquid, etc. Use different "brushes" and "applicators." For shadows try qtips and the brushes that come with. Try different sharpnesses with pencil. Try different hand positions and angles. Try different starting points and designs. If you don't like something you can wash and try again next time. smile Have fun.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:47 pm
DON'T PULL ON ANY PART OF YOUR EYES!! IT RESULTS IN EXTRA WEAR AND YOU GET WRINKLES AND BAGGY SKIN MUCH MUCH FASTER!!

Anyway, hold the eyeliner like a pencil and 'draw' it on. Doing it like this you shouldn't go wrong, unless you suck at coordinating your hand and fingers correctly for this lol youtube tutorials are good, and some of them get into the really complicated awesome stuff!

First time I used eyeliner, I did really well actually. I'm an artist so my sister says it just came naturally to me. Whats really weird is I'm also skilled with fashion and hair styling, though I've only ever practiced on myself. My sisters and friends keep telling me to go into fashion or something, but I couldn't live like that lol

Back on topic, you definitely want to draw on the line of your eyelid, where the eyelashes are. Do it lightly first and let the layering effect darken the line. This way you don't screw up the eyelashes themselves. try to connect the edges of your eyes so it enhances the whole look. Otherwise its like trying to hide the fact you wear eyeliner and that defeats the purpose of wearing it in the first place. If you don't want to connect them, then make the lines at the edges longer and angle them so that the look is still acceptable and still manages to enhance your look.

Also make sure your eyes match the rest of you. Otherwise you look like a walking FAIL.

Remember, for men eyeliner can double as a symbol of power and authority as well as enhancing your beauty. Make sure you use that fact to your advantage. Eyes are one of the most powerful parts of any human being, eyeliner doubles that power. Use it wisely lol

I usually go for the egyptian look with my eyes cause it matches my structure and skin color, but this method works all around.  

SC_Anubis

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:53 am
Basically most of what people have said is what you need to do.

1. Practise.
2. YouTube tutorials.
3. Use photos of makeup you're interested in as a guide.

However, I do not recommend eye pencil. I've never had anything but trouble with it. If you want good stuff, I recommend a cream. I buy from Sephora, Make Up For Ever: Aqua Black. It's wonderful. It gives you the boldness of liquid liner and has excellent staying power. It's pricey but well worth it.

Liquid liner is really good to practise with because it helps you really learn how to get it right. I believe it's Cover Girl that makes liquid liner that comes as a pen. It's really handy and less messy than the liquid liners with the brush. However, liquid liner tends to need a lot of reapplying because most of it washes right off with water, and the oils on your skin throughout the day really wear it down.

Ultimately it really comes down to practise.

Good luck.

Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces