Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Otherkin Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Acid Faery

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:29 pm
Ess
Once someone steps up and announces they're a tapeworm, then I'll believe in otherkin.

I have the soul of a tapeworm. I have always felt different from everyone else. And then I kept having urges to be swallowed and feed on digested food. I felt so embarassed and isolated, until I found fellow Otherkin like myself.

gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:17 pm
Lady Dagger
Ess
Once someone steps up and announces they're a tapeworm, then I'll believe in otherkin.

I have the soul of a tapeworm. I have always felt different from everyone else. And then I kept having urges to be swallowed and feed on digested food. I felt so embarassed and isolated, until I found fellow Otherkin like myself.

gonk

You made my day hun. Hahahaha.

Sinister Kung Fu
Why is everyone always a dragon, or a cat, or a fae of some sort?

Why is it that everyone who makes this claim doesn't bother to research it?

Quote:
That's the main reason I think Otherkin are completely full of it.
None of them ever seem to be cockroaches, or ducks, or moles. They've always got to be something glamorous and "cool". rolleyes

Ferret, squirrel, earwig (yeah, you heard right), dolphin, otter, horse, owl, dhole, badger, pine marten, ermine, mink, skunk, slooth, boar, reindeer, llama, cow, gazelle, goat, yak, cockatoo, penguin, hare, donkey, zebra, guinea pig, mole, mouse, and pangolin. I think that list there shows that not all are glamorous and cool. Admittedly I don't know personally someone with every one of those above Phenos, but I do know some, and have seen posters and members in some communities that do fit them. I will admit, that there is a majority of what people would consider cool/glamourous, but trust me, not all of us are such. The reasons why this is? It's hard to say. Some say there are less insects known because their social structure doesn't lead them to have a drive to join or be active in communities. Some beliefs have that "lower" life forms, like insects may not even have Souls, so Transmigration from an Ant may not even be possible. Others say it might be an embarassment factor. I know a Wereskunk, and she admits, she called to be a Wolf in her past, just because with the way people view skunks, it wasn't exactly a popular thing to be (or so she thought, she's not judged for being a skunk in the community at all). A lot of us notice the difference, and ponder it, and have theories, but obviously, nothing definate.

Midnightelf
I have a question somewhat similar to the above. I've done a bit of research on Otherkin, from what I've read it's very interesting. Anyways, I was wondering if it's possible to be two different things at the same time, i.e. Dragon/fae or whatever.

That depends on your belief in Souls and such. I violently opposed PokeKin (gotta be them all!) and hybrids. I'll admit, there are some I think are valid, but to me, hybrids are the exception, not the rule.

Armorussa
But onto the subject, a reason that there are no cockraoches or tapeworms or such, is mainly because of one factor, otherkin means a soul not of this realm as well.

Not the common definition. Otherkin has two mainly used meanings. "Someone who has the feeling of being Non-human", which includes tapeworms, etc. The other is "Someone who has the feeling of being a mythic/mystical entity", which does exclude tapeworms, but that definition isn't as widely used anymore. I personally use "Otherkin: Transmigratory Individuals of Non-Native Human Origin", I find it is more specific. Again, that gets to the definition of the term though...ask ten Otherkin what it means to be Kin, and get 12 answers...*sigh* heh.  

Ges

Meiriona

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:34 am
Ess
LMFAO! AYE!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:24 pm
Ges
Sinister Kung Fu

Every single person I've ever heard claim that they're otherkin have claimed to be one of these. Or a fox, eagle or wolf. They're trying very hard to be special and different, yet most of them are not very creative, and generally end up being pretty much all the same.  

Sinister Kung Fu

Ninja Lord Kitwick

Profitable Businessman

6,650 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:35 pm
Sinister Kung Fu
Ges
Sinister Kung Fu

Every single person I've ever heard claim that they're otherkin have claimed to be one of these. Or a fox, eagle or wolf. They're trying very hard to be special and different, yet most of them are not very creative, and generally end up being pretty much all the same.

Do some research on it Sin, youll find out more about what it really comes down to though. Alot of kin, including myself, dont really enjoy the fact that we are kin. Me I dont enjoy it, mainly because it is very lonely at times. IRL you cant really run into others really with the same experiences that you ahve had to go through. Online you can be more open about it as well, under the idea that you cant be hunted off line. Hell the only people offline who really know what I am, is my sister and my wife. Everyone else stays away from me unconciously.

Tell me one thing really. If you had a soul of a tapeworm, would you tell anyone else about it really? Hell on gaiaonline if you were to tell them that really, you would be flamed beyond beleif, and truthfully, alot of people dont like to be flamed at all, cause they have to put up with that in real life.

SO please before you say anything that is mean and spiteful, do a bit of research on it. Maybe youll understand maybe you wont. Just if you do research, dont ever go to otherkin.com that is more of a RPing site than a research site.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:31 pm
Armorussa
Ess
Nice to see ess again. Ya probably dont remember me anyways, considering you and your guild used to flame an alt of mine.
Oh gods, Kitwick? You follow me everywhere. gonk
Im not flaming you. It's called having an opinion.

Ess

Ninja Lord Kitwick

Profitable Businessman

6,650 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:46 pm
Ess
Armorussa
Ess
Nice to see ess again. Ya probably dont remember me anyways, considering you and your guild used to flame an alt of mine.

Nah I dont think you are flaming me anymore, Ive grown since then. I actually value your opinions. I joined this guild cause I have pagan beleifs. Besides. I admit that I was very childish, and now I value everyones own opinions. I am very sorry for the way I was before ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:46 pm
Sinister Kung Fu
Ges
Sinister Kung Fu

Thanks for proving my point.

Armorussa
Alot of kin, including myself, dont really enjoy the fact that we are kin. Me I dont enjoy it, mainly because it is very lonely at times. IRL you cant really run into others really with the same experiences that you ahve had to go through. Online you can be more open about it as well, under the idea that you cant be hunted off line. Hell the only people offline who really know what I am, is my sister and my wife. Everyone else stays away from me unconciously.

Sorry to counter you again Armorussa, hehe, I swear it's not a problem with you.

Anyways, I personally rather enjoy being me. I love myself, and what I am. I may not have much love for most of my species, but I don't hold what the majority of them are like, against myself. I know the majority of my Kin friends do like being what they are, it's not very healthy to dislike yourself. I find a lot of Kin who claim that it is an isolated life (especially past the age of 18 or so) are really just looking for a reason to be angsty, or so they don't have to worry about social interaction. Yeah, some people may not have the same experiences as me. I may have flashes from a war or culture that wasn't on Earth, and the majority of my friends wouldn't know anything about that, but it doesn't matter. That's part of life, different people, with different experiences coming together. I also am not a fan of closeted Kin in general. I understand sometimes there are reasons. I know when I graduate and start teaching, I'll have to keep my Kinness out of the knowledge of my students, but that would be a valid reason. All my friends know, I don't tell them going "Oh, I'm special, you gotta hear what I think I am!", but I explain "This is something I strongly believe in, and I'd rather you know the entire me and reject me, then only a part of my and accept that lie." I've only had one friend have trouble with the concept, but he still accepted me, and the belief, respecting my belief, though to him it seemed like I was batmuck loco. Some in my family know, and I'm working on telling the others. It is hard, for my family in parts is heavily Christian, with a few pastors in our midst. With all the people I've told I'm Kin, I've only had the one bad reaction, and even that wasn't nothing. Most people respect beliefs, even if they don't share them. I think being an Otherkin is only as isolating as you are willing to let it become. I have a very active social life, and always have. I know a lot of Kin had trouble assimilating their identities, and that could have led to social problems now, but now they are all grown up, and can take control of their life.  

Ges

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:26 pm
Armorussa
Sinister Kung Fu
Ges
Sinister Kung Fu

Every single person I've ever heard claim that they're otherkin have claimed to be one of these. Or a fox, eagle or wolf.

Do some research on it Sin, youll find out more about what it really comes down to though.

I Googled for "Otherkin" and went to a forum at random: Other-Haven.net. I then went to the Introductory forum, and checked each post on the first page to check off which Otherkin aspect each person identified for themselves. Though some hadn't decided on a label yet, and some chose more than one label, I spotted 11 elves, 7 dragons, 3 vampires, 2 angels, 2 demons, 2 "shadows," and 2 wolves. There was also a gryphon, faerie, centaur and mermaid. The only remaining animal kin were a bear, horse, cat and racoon. No tapeworms there.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:03 pm
Armorussa
Ess
Armorussa
Ess

Nah I dont think you are flaming me anymore, Ive grown since then. I actually value your opinions. I joined this guild cause I have pagan beleifs. Besides. I admit that I was very childish, and now I value everyones own opinions. I am very sorry for the way I was before ^^
Whoa..whoa..whoa.. I wasn't expecting that. gonk
All is forgiven.
3nodding  

Ess

Dice Witch

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:52 pm
gonk And I promised myself to stay away from otherkin debates...

Seriously, everyone here has valid points. I question all Otherkin I meet becasue I truly do believe there are a lot of bullshitters out there. It's been an inner conflict in myself for quite some time- as I feel quite 'at home' with Otherkin but still wonder why everyone is something wonderful and 'cool'.

After a lot of debate and study of Otherkin and my own feelings, I came up with my own theory. Now I know to some of you it may sound like bullshit, but it does explain why everyone would be something appealing.

I believe the soul is malleable. It can bend and shape as we please but still holds tight onto the core factors. You do not start as an 'Otherkin' - You become one. I do not think this is something everyone can do- which is why some feel like otherkin and some do not. It is like a special kind of paint. You can't paint something purple until you open the can, and not everyone in the world owns this 'can of paint.'

But when you live your life through the eyes and actions of another type of spirit, you begin to change. Your sprit adapts to fit you. You become a dragon/fae/gryphon. I do not believe it grants someone any more power- but allows them to focus better through a piece of their soul they created- and thus know better.

This explains why someone would be an appealing animal or fantasy creature. It appeals to them personally. Would you go through a spiritual change to become a tapeworm? wink

Just my theory, feel free to poke and prod at it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:04 pm
My response to this is on two levels.

One is that I am a Cat. Have been for as longer as I can remember in this life, and at least one life in my past was spent in the form of a cat. The manner in which I interact with other people and the world in general is much the way that cats do. If you understand cats, you have a fair idea of how we'll likely to interact.

On a deeper level, I am an ancient spirit, tracing to the original conflicts between Light and Chaos. In all my lives I have been a teacher, a healer, a guide. Most of my deaths that I can recall have been because of what I am. Anyone who wants to talk seriously about these things is welcome to contact me.  

MagpieCat

Ges

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:54 pm
Kaithrixla

I believe the soul is malleable. It can bend and shape as we please but still holds tight onto the core factors. You do not start as an 'Otherkin' - You become one. I do not think this is something everyone can do- which is why some feel like otherkin and some do not. It is like a special kind of paint. You can't paint something purple until you open the can, and not everyone in the world owns this 'can of paint.'

I've seen that theory before, I have one main problem with it. It makes Otherkin sound like it's something better than human, like if you do well as a human you get to become an Elf, which is a step up suddenly. I know some Otherkin do see human as the mundane thing, but frankly I say if humans are the mundane, it's cause we are on Earth right now, if we were on Draesta or an Elven Realm, it would be the people claiming to be human who would seem like they are begging to be special. I like to think of Otherkin as special, yes, but special in ways that everyone is special. We all have our own Origins, and our Own Goals, they are different, no better, no worse. As I said in another guild when talking about Kin, yes, my species, in a hand to hand fight would slaughter a human, oh, whoop, we are big and tough, we also lacked any notable form of a social hierarchy or any culture at all. Cromag-man was literally a more organized civilization than my kind. Pros and Cons. Better in some ways, worse in others, all in all different.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:05 am
If you don't mind me asking, what type of Otherkin are you, Armorussa and Ges? If you do mind me asking, then you don't need to tell me.  

Memento Mortalis Es

Dice Witch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:24 pm
Ges
Kaithrixla

I've seen that theory before, I have one main problem with it. It makes Otherkin sound like it's something better than human, like if you do well as a human you get to become an Elf, which is a step up suddenly. I know some Otherkin do see human as the mundane thing, but frankly I say if humans are the mundane, it's cause we are on Earth right now, if we were on Draesta or an Elven Realm, it would be the people claiming to be human who would seem like they are begging to be special. I like to think of Otherkin as special, yes, but special in ways that everyone is special.

I've never quite seen it as a step up, but more a step forward. But I do see your point. No, with that theory I'm not trying to display Otherkin as better, only different. Everyone finds him/herself through a series of paths and tests throughout their life, for some people it could be creating/finding the 'kinness' within themselves. Now I feel like I'm contradicting myself and want to add some things to my theory up there that I forgot. gonk

Quote:

We all have our own Origins, and our Own Goals, they are different, no better, no worse. As I said in another guild when talking about Kin, yes, my species, in a hand to hand fight would slaughter a human, oh, whoop, we are big and tough, we also lacked any notable form of a social hierarchy or any culture at all. Cromag-man was literally a more organized civilization than my kind. Pros and Cons. Better in some ways, worse in others, all in all different.

That is one thing about being Human I would never give up. Throughout all our wars and fighting we still remain a pretty calm species. (In comparison, I suppose.) As I said before in my theory:

Quote:
I believe the soul is malleable. It can bend and shape as we please but still holds tight onto the core factors.

It's when we strive to lose that core to a more animalistic one that I think people go too far.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff