Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Ways of motivation. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Grip of Death
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:50 am
Fuzzykit
I have another motivation (surprise surprise). This one's a little more shallow, though. I wanna be able to fit into and look good in an authentic quipao (chinese dress). ^^;

ooOOooo, you GO GIRLFRIEND! I'd burn off those pounds for a cute chinese dress too! smile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:13 pm
Okay my motivation is *totally* shallow so promise you won't laugh or poke me with sticks!

I'm cosplaying at the end of May and the character I'm cosplaying wears a short belly baring shirt and a relatively short skirt. (Not super hoochy mama short but nothing I'd be allowed to wear to school... if I were still in school.) It's Maria from Silent Hill 2 if you're a fan. biggrin Basically I want to look GOOD.

My first year at a con I wore a crappy costume, but it involved a short dress and angel wings. My sister and I wore pretty much identical costumes (different colors) and we got SO much attention. I'll be honest it was a fantastic ego boost. Nothing I'd want on an every day basis and nothing that'll tear me away from my boyfriend (of 3 1/2 years) but it was... honestly everyone should experience it. I want that again. I haven't had it for three years and frankly I just want it this year again. That's all. That's my BIG push.

So I made myself a pretty little bracelet with shiny blue stones that say "Maria by May".  

onnawaffle

Grip of Death
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:25 pm
That's not a stupid motivation, ladyavila. It's just as significant to you as our motivations are to us. 3nodding Btw, I know a cosplaying friend at my college. I forgot which con she's going to, or exactly what character she is going to dress up as. But I can tell it takes a lot of work and dedication (not to mention the money) to look nice in a costume. Cosplaying sounds like a fun activity.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:35 pm
that bracelet sounds cool. no motivation is silly. whatever to keep us going. we can do it.  

Aeren
Crew

Fuzzykit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:08 pm
A new motivation for me- I'm going to be on TV in a couple of week's time. >_>;  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:00 am
go Fuzzay!!!  

Aeren
Crew

LoveMom

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:12 pm
We are not just Losing Weight We are Gaining Health! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:14 pm
Fuzzykit
A new motivation for me- I'm going to be on TV in a couple of week's time. >_>;
What will you be on for? If you don't mind shareing.  

LoveMom

Fuzzykit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:52 pm
^^; It was the CHoir of the Year competition. Our choir didn't win the overall thing, but we won in our section (so now we're the best youth choir in the UK!). ^_____^  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:22 pm
New motivation: New boyfriend razz  

Aeren
Crew

BlinkyTheRed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:41 am
Here's some motivation for me:

I'm college student which means a lot of walking to classes. Most of my classes are on the 3rd floors of buildings, and even though I'm not too terribly overweight, I'm still winded by the time I reach the top of the stairs with my heavy backpack on. I wanna be able to RUN up those stairs and barely miss a breath.

And.. lesee.

I'm currently involved with someone, and I'm quite smitten. I've never been a lusty person-- I'm not rash in that way. But I can see becoming sexually involved with this person in a while (long while).

As it is right now, I'm not comfortable enough with my body to feel ok being naked in front of another person like that (except my poor roommate.. xp hey, i've lived with her for a year and a half, I don't care if she sees my fat white a**.)

I want to get to the point that I feel OK with my body enough to be seen naked in that way.

I also might be going to the beach with my special someone-- and if that's the case I really want to look decent in a swimming suit. I mean, I'm not expecting SUPERMODEL results by then, but I want to feel decent.

I'll post more motivation as it comes to me razz I should really make a bracelet too..

Oh, and sometime in the future I'd really like to cosplay razz as Sailor Neptune (yeah I'm a dork, so what?) so.. I want to be able to do that soemtime in the future.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:52 pm
gah, i just typed up this huge post and gaia ate it. that always happens.

i was just going to say that there is a sparkly blue dress i want to fit in for a formal in april.  

Aeren
Crew

Indie_Marauder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:20 pm
i'm new at this, but motivations that have really worked are my friends... if i have down days, they push me back up. They encourage me (much like y'all, i suppose smile ), as well as my health problems... they're not necessarily weight induced, but my weight complicates them.

At the end of the day, if I don't motivate myself, however... nothing really works.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:32 pm
My motivation is to pass my PT so I can be accepted into the canadian military..

sweatdrop and i wanna be able to wear bikinis this summer.  

Emotional Klutz

Fuzzykit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:28 am
OMG Fuzzykit has another motivation! surprised Surprise, surprise.

I've been chosen to play a big piano concerto with first orchestra in next year's big Choral and Orchestral concert. I have two gorgeous ballgowns to wear one each during my two performances, and I want the overall performance- visual as well as musical (musical taking centre stage, of course whee )- to be stunning. This is my big moment, playing the concerto, and I want everything to be perfect. heart  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games