Thoughts?
  This is affecting me or someone I know.
  There's little or no impact on me.
  Not sure.
View Results

Nikki the Juggalette

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:52 am
XWraith_LordX
It seem's like America is bringing hell upon itself....and I'm not just talking about the financial crisis. -_-

I always said the "Great Nation" isn't really that great....Seems to be proving itself.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:44 pm
Nikura Uchiha
XWraith_LordX
It seem's like America is bringing hell upon itself....and I'm not just talking about the financial crisis. -_-

I always said the "Great Nation" isn't really that great....Seems to be proving itself.
I'd rather go to Sweden any day.

Now our markets are screwing over everyone's. There is no place safe.

Did you hear about Iceland? sad  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Nikki the Juggalette

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:50 pm
XWraith_LordX
Nikura Uchiha
XWraith_LordX

Should I have?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:03 pm
Nikura Uchiha
XWraith_LordX
Nikura Uchiha
XWraith_LordX

Should I have?
I didn't even know until my friend told me after reading a blog.

Here's the story  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Nikki the Juggalette

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:39 am
XWraith_LordX
Nikura Uchiha
XWraith_LordX
Nikura Uchiha
XWraith_LordX

Should I have?
I didn't even know until my friend told me after reading a blog.

Here's the story

Wow, I've been guessing a new depression for the world but who knew it'd start now...but yeah thats how it starts.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:25 pm
I have a place of with my BF, with how expensive groceries are now adays I wouldn't be able to survive if not for shared income. If any of you have the chance to be roommates with some one and share bills and all that it definitely takes allot of the pressure off.  

Sodamu

Labradorescence

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:39 am
For some reason my parents are being extremely stupid about this whole thing. They've started spending like mad. We now have a new addition on our house, a big-screen tv, cable, cell phones and a wii. I don't know what they're thinking. Food is getting so expensive here. When I go to the grocery store I see that prices for some things have nearly doubled. Gas is just crazy. Some days it's $4.00 and some days it's less then $2. It seems random.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:02 am
NightOceanGirl221
For some reason my parents are being extremely stupid about this whole thing. They've started spending like mad. We now have a new addition on our house, a big-screen tv, cable, cell phones and a wii. I don't know what they're thinking. Food is getting so expensive here. When I go to the grocery store I see that prices for some things have nearly doubled. Gas is just crazy. Some days it's $4.00 and some days it's less then $2. It seems random.

I kno how that is. My aunt started spending a little too much and right after that she lost her job! But it wasn't her fault in the slightest. My uncle wouldn't bring her to work so she got fired. I wanted to kill him. I was going off to college in a month at that time. She used the last of her money to buy me things for college. I felt sooo guilty. On top of that my child support stopped (18 and all that sh*t) I got to college wit 40 bucks from my bf and that was it. The school gave me a job but i can only make 2,600 for the year. But i still have to pay tuition each month along wit 2 dell bills (one for my bf but he has a job so he pays me back) and internet bill. I have to rely on my bro and i reaaaaaalllllly hate doing that. He may work for the military but he still doesn't make that much. The gas prices in RI r steady but i don't have a car so it makes no diff. for me, even tho i still really need one. It's really hard to get a job here as well. We have a huge mall but its still not enough. Shrug* i just hope things get better wit a new pres. confused  

babykitty18

Labradorescence

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:32 am
That sucks. My dad has a good job so it's not so bad for me. We thought he was going to lose it for a while, but as he works for the school system as an administrator they can't fire him, just put him back into the classroom where he'd make less. I really honestly do not know what my parents are thinking with all this spending. I love our gorgous new stuff, but it makes no sense.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:40 pm
I just bought a house the day this thread was made, and my car gets like 35 miles to the gallon, and gas is under $2 a gallon here, so it costs me $20 every 2 weeks to fill up. I work in the mortgage industry but I'm in IT. My job is stable and the company is doing well. I don't have anything invested so I didn't lose any money when the stock market tanked. All in all I'm doing pretty well.  

This Old Oscillator

babykitty18

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:46 am
This Old Oscillator
I just bought a house the day this thread was made, and my car gets like 35 miles to the gallon, and gas is under $2 a gallon here, so it costs me $20 every 2 weeks to fill up. I work in the mortgage industry but I'm in IT. My job is stable and the company is doing well. I don't have anything invested so I didn't lose any money when the stock market tanked. All in all I'm doing pretty well.

Lucky u neutral  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:43 pm
Unfortunately my mother recently got into a car accident, and has been out of work for a few months due to a shattered vertebrae and some problems with her shoulder (she's a nurse, and as such needs to do heavy lifting on the job so she really can't work in her current condition.)

My father is a carpenter, so his work is kind of spotty right now due to the economic crisis.

Thankfully my parents are still able to keep me in school, and have enough savings to pay for a semester's worth of tuition if things get worse.

My mom should be back to work soon, so that is good. Also, I'm planning on taking up a part-time job next semester so that I will no longer have to rely on my parents to pay for supplies and food and such.

I'm trying to live as frugally as possible, getting the smallest meal plan possible and just making simple, inexpensive foods to supplement the lack of meal plan money. I don't buy much beyond food, basic cleaning and hygiene products, school supplies, and maybe one meal out or one night out clubbing per month.

I don't have a car, so thankfully I don't have to worry about all of those expenses. I bike to most places around my city, and the cost of doing that is not a lot. I do need to replace my brake pads, but that s a hell of a lot cheaper than all of the money I would have spent of gas/insurance/public transport/parking if I didn't have my bike. I got the bike for free, and spent $85 on accessories (baskets and a rack so I can carry groceries, a helmet, and a lock...) and I've gotten a ton of mileage out of it. Not to mention my legs are now muscular powerhouses. I know that a lot of people have cars, and are slaves to them, working mainly to pay for gas, insurance, and car payments. I see this as foolish in many cases. If you live in a rural area, or a very hilly area, I can understand how bikes might not be so appealing. But if you live in a fairly flat urban area, and are starting to feel the economic crunch, I really recommend trying to ditch expensive cars in favor of biking.

However, despite my best efforts, my parents, or my mom more specifically, still spends beyond her means. Yesterday she came out to Boston to see me. Before she came, she asked me if I needed anything. All I asked for was hand soap, garbage bags, and a tub of margarine. She came in with $70 worth of groceries for me, and then took me out to dinner at a somewhat expensive restaurant. All I wanted for dinner was to either go to the inexpensive vegan pizza place my friends work at, or just make stir-fry in my dorm...

My situation is, overall, fairly good. I just feel badly for those who are not doing as well as I. I fear that over the next few semesters I will see may of my peers having to drop out of art school due to economic strain. I see people losing their homes in my community, and others just scraping by to keep theirs. I see friends who are having to hold down nearly full-time work while being full-time students. It is so saddening... sad  

DreamerSpirit

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces