Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply Pairing Discussions
A Remy/Siri tid bit Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Osom

Cluttered Cat

11,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:06 am
Get:

Link
Transcript
PROOF! xd

Hmm. I have to go against Luny and HK, though... Dx Can't say that I think it was wise of her to remove it.

=) I don't know whether to believe it or not, but if it's true, I'll be angry that she removed it. And not because I'm a slasher.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:13 am
.Prince Snivellus.
I'll ask JK Rowling, via a letter I've been writing (she has to read it! gonk Or at least I hope to god she does...)

Anyway, no mod shall delete this.

Because this is so cool.

Although Sirius was known for his ability to catch many girls, although that could be a cover up of his gay-ness. w00t

The thing that always made me think of Sirius as gay in the books was the fact that while the girls were all like, "Oh, Sirius!" he was just sort of like..."Hello, Moony."

I'm writing a book now and my main character Rae is gay and he does end up falling in love (with another guy! Oh noes!). The only thing that make my story more interesting is that Rae is a werewolf and Tabito is a vampire...they make an interesting pairing...its fun to write them...

If this is true, it makes me loose some respect for her that she would worry over something like loosing money over two characters who aren't really main characters. I mean, as much as I love Sirius, he didn't really do much in the books besides sit and mope around Grimmauld Place and Remus didn't even show up in the fourth book and in the fifth and sixth book he was a secondary character. The third book was basically his book.

Also...where is this transcript...I must have it...Snivellus, do you have an address for Jo that I could send a letter to because I want to send her my essay on Severus for the sheer enjoyment of maybe getting a response. At the bottom, I'm throwing in a good couple of paragraphs on Sirius/Remus. ^_^  

Ex-Professor Remus Lupin

Osom

Cluttered Cat

11,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:17 am
Oh, you send the letter for JK Rowling to the publishing company. And ask them to give it to her. Yeah.

Hmm... D: I never really thought either were gay. =) But then I was ignorant. Now I am less so.

Anyway, yeah.... >_> Er. =D I'm writing a book, too! Go us!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:26 am
Go us for never leaving important romance like stuff out...because who you fall in love with tends to make you well...you. I know from my one time falling in love...ah, first love, so innocent, so intense, so...*cough*...anyways.  

Ex-Professor Remus Lupin

Graphiti Skies

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:17 pm
*is quite content that she isn't in love anymore. twitches at the fact that she had wasted so much time on previous love.*

Ex-professor... your story sounds really interesting. Do you have it uploaded any where? I'd like to read it if that's alright with you. ^.^;;  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:20 pm
(is still Remus just at a friends house and using her name because she's an angel...Gaia won't let me sign on as Remus suddenly) No upload...I've only got the first chapter which, like all fantasy starts out in a bar...*laughs* I only have the rest of the story outlined for now...I'm tempted to write a one-shot with Rae and Tabito but have yet to get the inspiration. When that happens, I'll be sure to upload it somewheres. I am going to try and log in as Remus now...excuse me.  

Andromeda Black Tonks

Ex-Professor Remus Lupin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:08 pm
Yes! I am now back...uh...just read what I typed until Sev's name, she's got it down.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:22 pm
Ok, I'm in a slightly bad mood (had a bad mood) and want to debate to make me feel better. So you know, all you people going on about how you'll respect her less--think about what the main moral of the story is. I mean, she's basically screaming out against predujice and discrimination (a touchy subject) and she's using witchcraft (another touchy subject) to convey that. So the books are already controversial enough. I mean, the main thing is yes witchcraft, but then for those who aren't bible thumping "OMFG! It's got magic! It's evil!" people and actually read the books, they see the points that Jo is subtly (...really, not so subtly, I mean Mudblood? yeah...that's a big arrow pointing saying "Look! We're fighting against Predjudice and Discrimination!) throwing in there.

And that's good, because her real target audience are kids/teens/whatever that still have a chance to get out of the closed-minded setting so many people are stuck in. But then again, it's a bit touchy, because the closed-minded parents of those potentially open-minded kids can forbid them to read it.

Babysteps people, babysteps! If Jo did have Remus and Sirius together at first, her editor might've been the one to take it out, or she might've taken out with something akin to this in mind:

Predujice, discrimination, racisim--that's all really big stuff--and it's all really touchy for a lot of people, especially those who are potential victims. We're starting to accept more things--and that's really good for us, but there are still those closed-minded parents out there. If Jo had put in gays--the book would've sunk, it would've just died and Harry and the underlying message would've never gotten out, but if she took it out, you still have the underlying message in the form of Muggles, Muggle Borns, Half Bloods, Werewolves, Half-Giants, etc. And it has more of a chance to get out to the people.

Yeah, if she was actually going to put them together--that would've been awesome, and it would kind of suck. But I won't loose any respect for her because she or her editors were thinking ahead, and all in all it's a baby step to getting a really important message out there in a way people can accept that (because droning at school about that kind of stuff has gotten us now where) and in time there will be an author with two side-lines gay characters who won't have to think ahead about how those two characters might get in the way of the author getting out a really important message.  

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200

Ex-Professor Remus Lupin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:57 pm
I rather think her editor probably asked her to take it out, I mean, knowing Jo she probably wouldn't have been against the idea...so instead she left us subtext that only the openminded and willing would see. *shrugs* I guess.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:45 pm
Well it's Remus/Tonks now... *Sniff*  

Lunar_Blade

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:14 pm
Lunar_Blade

*wails and pulls out a picture of Tonks, mutilates it and sets in on fire*

You shall never be good enough!!! You shall never be Sirius!!!

Stupid girl with changing hair colors. stare  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:11 pm
HKBlack
Lunar_Blade

They change with her moods now too...*cough*Mary-Sue*cough*  

Ex-Professor Remus Lupin

Fuyutu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:59 am
gasp! there's actual official proof!? eek .............. blaugh that's so awesome! JK i love you even more now. heart but i wish she'd left it in the book  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:05 am
Ex-Professor Remus Lupin
HKBlack
Lunar_Blade

They change with her moods now too...*cough*Mary-Sue*cough*

Like a Mood-ring! xd

Just for the record everyone, I am in a rather lengthly state of euphoria. I am almost high by my own happiness. Why you ask? Because I just got my Gryffindor scarf and tie. *squeal*  

Lunar_Blade

Andromeda Black Tonks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:45 am
Ex-Professor Remus Lupin
Go us for never leaving important romance like stuff out...because who you fall in love with tends to make you well...you. I know from my one time falling in love...ah, first love, so innocent, so intense, so...*cough*...anyways.

Do tell, Lupin. (smirks) Love is so...?

But I kid. I would be rather interested in this proof...I tried looking it up but I had no luck finding any such interview.

Oh and Lunar, you lucky lucky woman. I want a Slytherin tie and scarf, that would be very happy...  
Pairing Discussions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff