Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Official Post Your Progress Guild*~ Writers Support!

Back to Guilds

We support fellow writers by tracking and displaying word and page counts. 

Tags: Writing, Write, Poetry, Novels, Stories 

Reply Discussions:
{Updated 6th November 2010} Monthly Poll Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you do to improve your writing?
  Just keep writing really
  Little exercises now and again
  Competitions
  Get general critique
  A mix of above/different (please state)
View Results

Chanthar
Crew

Otherworldly Witch

35,325 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Exciting Experiment 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:39 pm
I write ..
Er a lot of stuff xD;
But always fiction, usually fantasy/sci-fi with action, romance, drama, supernatural etc thrown in ..

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:15 pm
I only write general. Along with some fantasy.  

ryokomayuka

Familiar Member

10,400 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Voldemort point two

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:41 pm
I'm on my first novel so I can't really tell. My novel's... sort of, a thriller, and I have a bunch of ideas for fantasy and sci-fi that I'd like to write next.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:30 pm
How am I inspired?
Ah that's a dangerous place to go into xD;
In my house there are many rooms.. some nice, some not so nice, and some downright terrifying..

I get my inspiration from many places: sometimes I want to follow a genre (medieval fantasy - Rae & Danny's Stories ; modern fiction - The End of a Beginning ; sci-fi adventure - Project Chanthar & Metal Man), sometimes I want to emulate an atmosphere (1940-1950s radio detective drama/supernatural mystery adventure - Drag Shergi Mysteries), sometimes I want to do whatever (randomness - Destiny in a Mask), sometimes I want to overcome things (depression - House of Chaos), sometimes I want to go through to expand on previous themes (Charisse Finishing School & Law of the Horde & Hours of Bellicosity & Butterfly Soul) many of my books have to do with identity.. losing, finding, inventing, reconciling ..

Chanthar
Crew

Otherworldly Witch

35,325 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Exciting Experiment 50

DesertRoseFallen
Vice Captain

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:00 am
Wow, definitely many rooms.

Mine just suddenly come to me...it's weird. Stick me in a room with nothing but white walls and I can still come up with something weird and abstract. xD

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:11 pm
lol I know, I'm crazy xD

Oooh yes, neat -nods- I don't need much provocation to come up with new things either ..

Chanthar
Crew

Otherworldly Witch

35,325 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Exciting Experiment 50

DesertRoseFallen
Vice Captain

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:11 am
For the genre I most dislike writing I chose Sci-fi because I just don't have the imagination. I tried once but it's mostly all scientific, something I don't really like going into.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:31 am
For the genre I hate writing most, I actually put that I like them all. Not because I've tried writing all of them, because I haven't, but more because I know if I got an idea for a sci-fi story or something that I'd never written before, then I'd probably still throw myself into it with gusto. XD

If I had to choose, though, it'd probably be sci-fi. It's very scientific, and complicated, and means that I'd have to plan a little more before writing. I'm not a huge fan of extensive plans, so I'd probably put it off for as long as I could. :3  

Psychotic Maniacal Sanity
Crew

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Chanthar
Crew

Otherworldly Witch

35,325 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Exciting Experiment 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:25 am
I can't really say I dislike any group
I can't say that I like writing non-fiction though xD;
With sci-fi there is a fine line between what can happen and what can't that can be very tricky to follow ... I have some that fall in that section, but heh those are the longer novels that I've not finished yet ...
With historical as long as it's my own history rather than someone else's I can go along just fine xD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:01 pm
This isn't a serious getting-published writers genre but I can't stand writing FanFiction.
It's because the person is actually a real person that everyone knows about. I can't do what I want personality wise; which makes it even harder for me to write because I generally adjust and tweek a personality as a character develops during a story. Not to mention that hoards of fangirls would all but kill me for the character doing something totally out of character for them.
I've been there, done that, and have the tee-shirt to prove it.
I will never write FanFiction again.  

Rayne Skyver

Shameless Exhibitionist

10,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Citizen 200

Chanthar
Crew

Otherworldly Witch

35,325 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Exciting Experiment 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:11 pm
I forgot about Fan-Fiction ..
But yes, I hate fan-fiction .. for the reasons you spoke of Rayne .. and also because I would hate for my character's personality turned into a parody of someone's fantasies about pairings and all that -shudders-
And I fear the day when someone does that to my characters gonk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:28 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Not to mention the fact that a good portion of FanFiction is Slash. I have no problem with slash but I can't write it to save my life.
I have also been there, done that, and have the pictures to prove it. Lets just say my first slash was like a bad car accident, it was so horrible you couldn't look away.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rayne Skyver

Shameless Exhibitionist

10,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Citizen 200

DesertRoseFallen
Vice Captain

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:02 am
Sadly, it's a guilty pleasure of mine. I loathe the Harry Potter books but some of the fanfiction are better than the actual books for me. I just love Draco and Harry... sweatdrop

And I write slash so it kinda gives me ideas. 3nodding

Don't kill me xD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:46 pm
Mhmmm. The baddie is always so much more fun to write. Though, I couldn't possibly comment on which I write best. X3

I enjoy writing the morally corrupted, and those who believe that what they're doing is the right thing (but obviously isn't), but then I also have a major soft spot for the stereotypical Disney-esque villain who is Just Bad. XP I like blurring the lines between good and evil though, so often in my work there is no distinct bad guy or good guy. =O I should fix that: I need more crazy bad guys. ninja  

Psychotic Maniacal Sanity
Crew

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

DesertRoseFallen
Vice Captain

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:03 am
I need questions, so any ideas, please give them too me!

Discussions:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff