Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Global Trade Station (Trades & Breeding requests)
The Official Shiny Hunters Thread. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Negai Boshi
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:00 pm
krishnath
Negai Boshi
krishnath
Negai Boshi
krishnath
Negai Boshi

Not really. I was fishing for Feebas and I got a shiny Magikarp instead.....

Lucky. You should beat the elite four so you can trade it over to your fourth gen game. ^^

You don't have to beat the elite 4 to migrate. You just need the National Dex, which I have. I just feel bad stealing it from Sapphire.....

Transfer it to Emerald. Clone it, send the original back to Sapphire, send the clone to Emerald. ^^

I don't know how. Plus, I'm not sure if I'm against cloning or not. Part of me says it's still cheating, even if it's not a hack, but part of me thinks of the Mewtwo movies, and how those clones were just as real as regular Pokemon....
(I think I get into the character a bit too much sometimes. "Pokemon are Pixels!!!" ....)

Cloning isn't cheating. The majority of all event pokemon given out, from the movie mew and onwards have been clones.

Yeah, but they're "official" clones....  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:29 am
Negai Boshi
krishnath
Negai Boshi
krishnath
Negai Boshi

You don't have to beat the elite 4 to migrate. You just need the National Dex, which I have. I just feel bad stealing it from Sapphire.....

Transfer it to Emerald. Clone it, send the original back to Sapphire, send the clone to Emerald. ^^

I don't know how. Plus, I'm not sure if I'm against cloning or not. Part of me says it's still cheating, even if it's not a hack, but part of me thinks of the Mewtwo movies, and how those clones were just as real as regular Pokemon....
(I think I get into the character a bit too much sometimes. "Pokemon are Pixels!!!" ....)

Cloning isn't cheating. The majority of all event pokemon given out, from the movie mew and onwards have been clones.

Doesn't really matter. If they didn't want us to clone pokemon, they should not have programmed in ways for us to do so in the games.

I think they did it because of it is a way for event pokemon to perpetuate among those players whom have been unfortunate to not be able to get the pokemon at the event.  

krishnath

Negai Boshi
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:23 pm
krishnath
Negai Boshi
krishnath
Negai Boshi
krishnath
Negai Boshi

Doesn't really matter. If they didn't want us to clone pokemon, they should not have programmed in ways for us to do so in the games.

I think they did it because of it is a way for event pokemon to perpetuate among those players whom have been unfortunate to not be able to get the pokemon at the event.

*shrug* I guess.....It's always seemed more like a glitch they never bothered fixing than an intentional program, though....  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:51 am
Krishnath, how are you going to know if a pokemon is hacked? I mean besides the obvious of catching a pokemon in an area you cant run into them (ex-mewtwo caught on route 216)? I havent gotten my poke-radar yet but I have had some luck with shinies so far. I have a Zubat, a Bidoof, and a Graveler.  

blue_man_of_destruction

Ms Manic Panic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:20 pm
Shinies i are looking for:

currently..nothing XP im just training

Shinies i have have:
charizard [no]
kingler [no]
ho-oh [no]
ponyta [trade able]
squirtle [no]
lugia [trade able]
masquerain [trade able]
surskit [trade able]
lucario [no]
tropius[no]
glalie [no]
froslass [no]
beedrill [no]
politoed [no]
treecko [no]
roselia [trade able]
rotom [no]
psyduck [trade able]
oddish [trade able]
bellsprout [trade able]
absol [no]
minun [trade able]
ledian [trade able]
illumise [trade able]
goldeen [trade able]
smoochum [no]
ninetails [no]
raichu [no]
rapidash [no]
mareep [no]
cloyster [no]
mime jr [trade able]
chansey [trade able]
milotic [no]
bedum [no]
eevee [trade able]
dragonair [no]  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:42 am
Man, I wouldn't mind a shiny Eevee. Speaking of which, I am currently using the Masuda method* in an attempt to breed one.

@blue: Well, if you get a pokemon that is caught in a game where it doesn't appear naturally (such as a Caterpie caught in Hoenn, it's a Kanto pokemon), or it has a move it cannot learn naturally, through breeding, TM's, or Move Tutor (and it isn't an event pokemon), or it's ID doesn't match with what it should be if it is an event pokemon, it is without a doubt hacked. The same can be said if it has an impossible move set (certain egg moves cannot be bred unto pokemon together). You should also be suspicious if the pokemon's IV's are unusually high or low. Although that is not always proof, for example I have a Suicune which average IV is 1, yet I know it is not a hacked pokemon as I caught it myself.

* The Masuda method means you get a Foreign language pokemon (In my case, I obtained a japanese Eevee), and breed it with a pokemon of another language (in this case, a female eevee I had bred to create). Apparently, it increases the likelyhood of you hatching a shiny considerably. However, the everstone nature trick does not work with it. It works on all fourth generation games. If you try it, don't expect instant results. I have currently hatched 55 Eevee's without getting a shiny yet. But it does work, it has been confirmed by the creators of the game (in a blog post), the people at Smogon, and people at Serebii. This is the easiest way to obtain some pokemon in the game, such as starters...  

krishnath

Negai Boshi
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:31 pm
Ooh, that method sounds cool....
Any idea what the odds of a shiny using it are?
I might go try it out regardless, though...<3  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:55 am
Negai Boshi

With the Masuda method? Around 1/2000 or so, which is four times as likely as when relying on random chance.
However, most people who try get the shiny within the first couple of hundred hatched. It is very rare that it takes more than about 500, and i have never heard about it taking 1000 eggs or more.

Personally, I am at 85 hatched eggs (no shinies yet), but I have been busy with other things). ^^  

krishnath

Orrun

4,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:06 am
krishnath
Negai Boshi

With the Masuda method? Around 1/2000 or so, which is four times as likely as when relying on random chance.
However, most people who try get the shiny within the first couple of hundred hatched. It is very rare that it takes more than about 500, and i have never heard about it taking 1000 eggs or more.

Personally, I am at 85 hatched eggs (no shinies yet), but I have been busy with other things). ^^

Does that method work with a Japanese Ditto?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:35 am
fonkemonkey
krishnath
Negai Boshi

Yes, if you have a japanese ditto, and a pokemon from another language game (such as English) it will work.  

krishnath

Orrun

4,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:38 am
krishnath
fonkemonkey
krishnath
Negai Boshi

Yes, if you have a japanese ditto, and a pokemon from another language game (such as English) it will work.

Thanks. I'll have to get one.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:38 pm
Gaara the Protector
krishnath
fonkemonkey
krishnath
Negai Boshi

Well, now I'm gonna have to try that with Charmanders...what do you do with all the extras, though? I can't see a use for 500 of any Pokemon...*is still gonna try it*
What about an English Ditto with a Japanese Pokemon?  

Negai Boshi
Captain

Orrun

4,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:28 pm
Negai Boshi
Gaara the Protector
krishnath
fonkemonkey
krishnath
Negai Boshi

Well, now I'm gonna have to try that with Charmanders...what do you do with all the extras, though? I can't see a use for 500 of any Pokemon...*is still gonna try it*

From what I have heard that should work. All you need is a Pokemon to breed with from a different region. I just trust it to work with Pokemon from Japan more.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:16 am
Negai Boshi
Gaara the Protector
krishnath
fonkemonkey
krishnath
Negai Boshi

That works as well, as long as the parent is from one language game, and the other parent is from another language game, it will work.

As for the extras, either trade them, release them, or store them on your Pokemon Ranch. ^^

@gaara: Not region, language: France and Germany are the same region, but different languages. North America and Europe are different regions, but mostly the same language.  

krishnath

Orrun

4,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:03 am
krishnath
Negai Boshi
Gaara the Protector
krishnath
fonkemonkey

That works as well, as long as the parent is from one language game, and the other parent is from another language game, it will work.

As for the extras, either trade them, release them, or store them on your Pokemon Ranch. ^^

@gaara: Not region, language: France and Germany are the same region, but different languages. North America and Europe are different regions, but mostly the same language.

All well. Thanks for clearing that up for me again, though. I just assumed regions. At least I know more about it know. Thanks.  
Global Trade Station (Trades & Breeding requests)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games