Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bluetabbycat

Jeering Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:48 am
**UPDATE**

After several days of procrastination and general laziness, I've finally decided to try out my prosthetics with some grease face paint to see what I should and shouldn't do on the real thing. I havn't finished the neck bits yet, which is why they're not in the pics.

http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee317/Rachel_in_the_sky/?action=view¤t=IMGP0060.jpg

http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee317/Rachel_in_the_sky/?action=view¤t=IMGP0063.jpg

http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee317/Rachel_in_the_sky/?action=view¤t=IMGP0065.jpg

I think when I do the real thing, I'll put some liquid latex around the edges of the prosthetics so that they blend more naturally with my skin, and be a little less heavy with the black/grey bits.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:52 pm
Boldly Go...

THAT'S AMAZING!

User Image

Subspace Interference

Dunedien

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:31 pm
Looks great. I wish I could do that.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:37 pm
Brilliant.

My mother and I are making a TOS skant uniform for me. *counts down the days 'til Halloween*  

Miral Paris

Oingo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:39 pm
You're amazing~~
<3
I've wanted to cospay Garak and/or Dukat for a while now, this gives me hope!~
:3

And speaking of cosutmes, I'm making a Kira and Picard for my parents for Halloween.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:31 pm
I'm back, again! biggrin I agree with everyone else!!! It's so cool! I'm not making mine at home, but I'm being Spock for Halloween!!! heart  

Maria Stark

Miral Paris

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:00 pm
Miral Kathryn Paris
I'm back, again! biggrin I agree with everyone else!!! It's so cool! I'm not making mine at home, but I'm being Spock for Halloween!!! heart

OMG! Have you gotten your costume yet? (Mine's about 70% complete.)

I'm going as a female Vulcan. They were never any female Vulcans in Starfleet in TOS... xp

My friends all suggested that I go as Spock, but I decided not to. (I think I will next Halloween, though.)  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:39 pm
I wanted to go as a Star Trek character for halloween, but all of the cool races are tall and have dark complexions. I unfortunatelly am fair skinned/ haired and short. cry  

Dunedien

Bluetabbycat

Jeering Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:40 am
Dunedien
I wanted to go as a Star Trek character for halloween, but all of the cool races are tall and have dark complexions. I unfortunatelly am fair skinned/ haired and short. cry

If you wanted a different skin/hair colour you could always use face paints and semi permanent hair dye. Or even that hair spray stuff which colours your hair and holds it in place. For my Cardassian costume I'm going to be dying my hair black as my natural hair colour is a hazely brown.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:17 pm
Miral Paris
Miral Kathryn Paris

I'm going as a female Vulcan. They were never any female Vulcans in Starfleet in TOS... xp

My friends all suggested that I go as Spock, but I decided not to. (I think I will next Halloween, though.)

I just ordered my costume today. I decided to get a T-shirt instead of a long-sleeve shirt. I'm wearing my regular black church pants and boots. (The boots are too small, but otherwise I'd have to wear my Crocs. I'd much rather wear my boots.) I ordered some kid's ears of off Amazon.com. I found some really cool eyebrow ideas at the following site:
http://ask.metafilter.com/71592/How-do-I-give-myself-Spock-eyebrows
What are you doing for your costume?  

Maria Stark

Miral Paris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:39 pm
Miral Kathryn Paris
Miral Paris
Miral Kathryn Paris

I just ordered my costume today. I decided to get a T-shirt instead of a long-sleeve shirt. I'm wearing my regular black church pants and boots. (The boots are too small, but otherwise I'd have to wear my Crocs. I'd much rather wear my boots.) I ordered some kid's ears of off Amazon.com. I found some really cool eyebrow ideas at the following site:

To avoid cutting my hair, I'm ordering a wig and some ears that should be in my mailbox by next Tuesday. (Unless my mom ordered express shipping, in which case they should be here tomorrow.)

I'm actually sewing my own costume this year, with the help of my mother. We found some two-way stretch velveteen fabric for the dress itself, and a different material for the collar. (I assume it's polyester, but I'm not positive.)

I can't wait to try it on. Seriously. <3  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:59 pm
Miral Paris
Miral Kathryn Paris
Miral Paris
Miral Kathryn Paris

To avoid cutting my hair, I'm ordering a wig and some ears that should be in my mailbox by next Tuesday. (Unless my mom ordered express shipping, in which case they should be here tomorrow.)

I'm actually sewing my own costume this year, with the help of my mother. We found some two-way stretch velveteen fabric for the dress itself, and a different material for the collar. (I assume it's polyester, but I'm not positive.)

I can't wait to try it on. Seriously. <3

Awesome! I already have short hair. I used to have long hair, but I got it cut last Halloween so I could be B'Elanna. I got it cut again over the summer. I hope your costume turns out well!!!!!!!!!! blaugh  

Maria Stark

Bluetabbycat

Jeering Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:12 pm
Bluetabbycat
Well halloween has been and gone. I wore my Cardassian costume to the Student Union halloween party, and I got loads of compliments for it! whee heart

User Image
User Image  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas