View Results

tisumie

Blessed Entrepreneur

9,525 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Informer 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:01 pm
I had a person who i had a crush on think i was emo (I hate being called emo by the way) I think people are hesitating to use the word "goth" because they associate it with devil worshiping and all thing evil. They do have christain goths are they evil? Its seem like if you act a certain way or dress a cetan way you are either emo or lable something else. i feel that emo is being toss around too freely and just so its clear EMO is a genre of music!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:37 pm
tisumie
I had a person who i had a crush on think i was emo (I hate being called emo by the way) I think people are hesitating to use the word "goth" because they associate it with devil worshiping and all thing evil. They do have christain goths are they evil? Its seem like if you act a certain way or dress a cetan way you are either emo or lable something else. i feel that emo is being toss around too freely and just so its clear EMO is a genre of music!

Same..... -_-;; I'm gonna go ahead and order that Christian Goth t-shirt (it's actually rather cute), and start wearing it every time I'm out shopping or going somewhere so people will stop getting the wrong idea....
((I guess huge cross necklaces and a cross ring by themselves don't convey the message to on-lookers... maybe a t-shirt that pratically screams "I'm a Christian certainly not not not NOT NOTNOT a cursed evily-type person!" gonk <--- sorry, emoticon describes my frustration with people getting the wrong idea just perfectly beyond all words)) will get those ignorent douches to stop yelling sterotypical crap like "Satanist!" "Demon!" "Freak!" -_-;;; all of which obviously have no faith themselves.... ((well, maybe other than worshiping the all-powerful monster known as Pop Culture that eat's it's worshiper's lives up like a machine....))  

Angel of the End

Midnite Blue Moon 888

Fluffy Vampire

9,750 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:35 am
I used to get harassed for the umbrella thing, but then I bought a parasol. Now all I get are complements on my ultra-cute "umbrella". wink

Then again, if you're a guy, you may get harassed a bit more for carrying such a thing. Perhaps a wide-brimmed hat would be better for guys...?

Edit: I don't see the point in getting upset if someone calls you "emo" or anything other than "goth". Just laugh it off and correct them as politely as possible. cool  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:44 am
Angel of the End
tisumie

Same..... -_-;; I'm gonna go ahead and order that Christian Goth t-shirt (it's actually rather cute), and start wearing it every time I'm out shopping or going somewhere so people will stop getting the wrong idea....
((I guess huge cross necklaces and a cross ring by themselves don't convey the message to on-lookers... maybe a t-shirt that pratically screams "I'm a Christian certainly not not not NOT NOTNOT a cursed evily-type person!" gonk <--- sorry, emoticon describes my frustration with people getting the wrong idea just perfectly beyond all words)) will get those ignorent douches to stop yelling sterotypical crap like "Satanist!" "Demon!" "Freak!" -_-;;; all of which obviously have no faith themselves.... ((well, maybe other than worshiping the all-powerful monster known as Pop Culture that eat's it's worshiper's lives up like a machine....))

I wouldn't worry about it to that point; there will -always- be douchebags in the world that will try to get you riled up in one way or another. You can either start dressing like a Mundane in hopes that they will leave you alone, or continue dressing in a Gothy way that makes you happy and not worry about them. [However, you should be aware that those same folks may just enjoy picking on people for whatever reason, and that dressing "normally" may not be enough to dissuade them. Some folks just enjoy being mean to others, unfortunately. -_-;;; ]

Religious symbols...crosses, ankhs, pentagrams, etc....are VERY popular in the Goth community, even among those who aren't religious at all, so it's not a surprise that someone wouldn't know you're a Christian just by your jewelry alone.  

Midnite Blue Moon 888

Fluffy Vampire

9,750 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:13 am
I understand, being as such for four years now. However, the religious symbol's thing works both ways. Me and three other gothy friends who actually are Christian, would not and have not worn any other religious symbol other than a cross (we like Ankhs, but most of us have been obsessed with Egyptology since were were little kids). The same goes for the gothy-types I see who are not Christian, they do not wear crosses typically. There again, almost everyone seems to wear pentagrams (even though if you asked them to tell what it means or what religions it is associated with, or the difference between right side up and upside down, they couldn't answer to save their lives).

So I completely see your point. (Oh yes, and especially among mundanes, average people, more specifically preps.... they will wear a cross necklace then brag about who all the slept with rolleyes yeah, for now, let's just blame them for this little issue. And the History Channel, even more fiction than the Sci-Fi channel at times... or Fox News.)  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:17 pm
Angel of the End
I understand, being as such for four years now. However, the religious symbol's thing works both ways. Me and three other gothy friends who actually are Christian, would not and have not worn any other religious symbol other than a cross (we like Ankhs, but most of us have been obsessed with Egyptology since were were little kids). The same goes for the gothy-types I see who are not Christian, they do not wear crosses typically. There again, almost everyone seems to wear pentagrams (even though if you asked them to tell what it means or what religions it is associated with, or the difference between right side up and upside down, they couldn't answer to save their lives).

So I completely see your point. (Oh yes, and especially among mundanes, average people, more specifically preps.... they will wear a cross necklace then brag about who all the slept with rolleyes yeah, for now, let's just blame them for this little issue. And the History Channel, even more fiction than the Sci-Fi channel at times... or Fox News.)

*shrugs*

Maybe it's because I'm well past my teenage years that such things don't get to me quite as much as it used to [and also because I've done quite a bit of research on the Goth subculture], but it really isn't unheard-of for non-Christian Goths to wear crosses, crucifixes, rosaries, or enjoy other kinds of decorations found in Christianity, nor is it unheard-of for even the most faithful Christian to fall flat on his face into a sinful lifestyle.

As for the "preps", just try to be polite, and be an example of Christ to them; they're probably just acting out against being raised in a Christian environment all their lives. [Not to say that what they're doing is okay, mind you. ]  

Midnite Blue Moon 888

Fluffy Vampire

9,750 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:00 pm
Alright ^^ thanks for the advice. I try to be nice, my older sister who is attending college out of state is preppy, actually, and we are very very close. She drags me into American Eagle, I drag her into HT (-shrugs- well, you can find good stuff in there occasionally, like once I found a D'espairsRay cd). Me and a friend of mine were at the mall to get a new cd that came out and some candles, when we saw a really pretty more preppy girl who was on the phone crying. We went up to her when she got off the phone, and spent about an hour talking with her to make her feel better, since her mom, sisters and friends were all somewhere else and she was left there. She was really nice. Later, when we walked by her and saw her mom, her, and about 4 other girls (you know the look), she smiled and waved at us, and we smiled at her and waved, while everyone else just kinda looked at us blankly (^^ a wonderful moment right there, also to see she was doing just fine and happy again with her friends). Oh, and I gave her some imported Japanese Hello Kitty candy I got from the Asian Food Market ^^ ((you never know when imported snacks can come in handy!))

And you're right, I've personally fallen far far from my faith before... same with any Christian I've ever known. No one is perfect... I still need to fight that judgement thing, even the best person and the worst person both should be loved the same and not judged....
Yeah, I need to start remembering what I've done sweatdrop and I need to get better at not letting these things get to me. They rarely do, but I have my moments....  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:55 pm
Oh Xenu, this reminds of something hilarious that happened in high school.

There was a group of 4 girls, being myself, Soyun, Pam, and either Missy or Rosie, I can't remember...

-I qualified as gothish punkish. Suit jacket, giant black chain-covered pants, dog collar, pink hair, 35ish bracelets all on one side, that kind of thing.
-Soyun was a neohippie. Fluffy leg warmers, fairy wings, rainbow hair, peasant shirts.
-Pam was ... strange, I guess. Facial piercings, wrote things all over her pants. Extremely intelligent and sarcastic, but had a crappy, plain wardrobe because she was dirt poor and despised her body.
-And Rosie/Missy. I literally am unable to find a label for Rosie. Lots of bright colors. Green skirt with black fishnets and different colored Converse. Dyed the tips of her hair various colors. Missy had no style. None. Unremarkable jeans, unremarkable shirts, unremarkable shoes, no makeup, styleless hair.

I should also add that none of us were promiscuous in any way. I was with the boy I'd lost my virginity to. Soyun had never gone further than kissing. Pam ended up getting her first kiss at 18. Rosie, if it was Rosie, was with the boy she stayed with for 4 years. If it was Missy, she was single, never flirted with anyone, was enamored with one guy that didn't even go to our school.

Anywho, it's lunchtime. I went to a tiny school, no lunchroom, but there was a classroom designated as such. We were saying something offensive about this elitist douche stereotypical emo-and-proud ********. At which point he calls us, "Goth whores." We must have laughed uncontrollably for a good five minutes. The next day we all came to school wearing black and always called each other Goth whores for a long a** time.

Rainbow Shrapnel

Shibo Hebihime Uirusu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:39 pm
It's what kids are raised on. They're usually raised where anything bright and happy and all that crap are the only way to fit in.

Luckily, I know several goths in my school, so we tend to gang up on the insulter[ if one would arise.

And, NO, we only threaten. I'm the best one of the entire group ninja

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:24 am
Angel of the End
((well, maybe other than worshiping the all-powerful monster known as Pop Culture that eat's it's worshiper's lives up like a machine....))

I.LOVE.YOU.
xD
But in all reality, it is perhaps the most worshipped thing today.  

SADERR

Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces