This pissed me off. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jelai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:39 pm
FACK!
Not only that, but they did a good job at fooling the audience too, because I sure was hella fooled when watching that girl sing during the opening ceremony.

Althought I knew, I KNEW, I just had that uncanny feeling that...her voice should sound a bit deeper and a bit more ladylike at the age of 9 instead of having a girly 5-year old voice, but I ignored that uncanny feeling of mine because I told myself, "maybe she just has a really high soprano voice for her age," and shrugged it off.

damn...I knew there was something slightly suspicious about this.

Chocolate marshmallow gum: I don't think those fireworks were fake though 'cuz I saw youtube videos posted of from people who were watching the fireworks just kilometeres away from the Bird's Nest. Unless that is, you were talking about that cinematic simulation of the fireworks thing in the beginning. They showed that animation to let us know how the fireworks were going to be set off.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:19 pm
Chocolate marshmallow gum

...but china had fake fireworks too?!

Yep. Some of the fireworks that they shot up into the sky at the end of the Ceremonies were supposedly computer-generated. Since the Opening Ceremonies were not broadcast live in the USA, the Chinese Olympic officials edited the original footage and added in fake fireworks, to make the entire event seem a little more impressive and grandiose. They managed to fool us all.  

King Henry
Crew

djTAKA
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:20 pm
THE CHINESE STEPPED THEIR HOOD GAME UP IMO.

new news = Spain basketball controvertial photo gogo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:34 pm
djTAKA

zomg nakie pics?!! plz elaborate..  

King Henry
Crew

djTAKA
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:47 pm
King Henry
djTAKA

zomg nakie pics?!! plz elaborate..

nou evaporate.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:26 am
that's wrong, but you could so tell she was lip syncing at the cermony...lol

man, one of those gymnast girls was said to be like 20! she looks flippin` 9... lol.....  

DuMaKenshinXD

`a y a b i e

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:55 am
Digital Koi
Wow I feel disgusted. Everyone has true beauty.

i second that 3nodding

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:24 am
How sad. Come on they're only little girls how could they do that? Having China officials tell you you're not "cute" enough to sing so they get a replacement.  

sachiko_k

Euphoric Ghost

Kawaii Cub

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:32 am
This is a big event, and perhaps even bigger for China so they're trying to show their "best" side at any cost, I mean, thinking about it, I wonder how some of the athletes have been training, and based on just a guess, I think it was pretty hard to the point that it's almost military-like. I mean, they train some of their athletes when they're really really young.

As for the girl, I heard that and I did feel sad about it, how can they tell the girl that she doesn't look good enough to represent her country? But they probably told her, "We're going to put in the most beautiful little girl to represent our country"- kind of thing. The kid will probably be definitely scarred, but a little consolation to it, is that she sacrificed something for her country.

There's a petition for the little girl to sing at the end of the ceremony, but it's probably not going to happen.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:56 am
Along with cinematic fireworks demonstration commentated by NBC and some not commentated by NBC, the fake singing, the rest of the world not getting "the better Opening Ceremony" (bad shots of the crowd, bad camera angles, bad cuts, etc.) through the lens of non-NBC stations, we also have this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Notice the flag.

Jelai

asiannerd27

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:24 pm
thats sad is all i can say.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:58 pm
2 words:

Not cool.

Seriously, this makes China lose even more face. Really it does.  

Hikari_zutto

Vucci

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:22 pm
Jelai
Along with cinematic fireworks demonstration commentated by NBC and some not commentated by NBC, the fake singing, the rest of the world not getting "the better Opening Ceremony" (bad shots of the crowd, bad camera angles, bad cuts, etc.) through the lens of non-NBC stations, we also have this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Notice the flag.

I noticed his bald spot  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:14 pm
thats so sad D':
the little girl isn't even bad looking either.
She's sooo cute heart

Babii Dream

MizukiLee

Friendly Explorer

5,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:30 am
King Henry
djTAKA
China can pull anything off right now, it's their olympics zone.
Check out those underage gymnasts. Chinese government can handle that one. ninja

They SO do not look sixteen. More like twelve.
Oh god. Did you see how the girls had make up on? The Chinese ones. I was like "what the hell? Why would you need make up when performing gymnastics? scream " Anyway, I was really badmouthing China a lot while watching the olympics xd sweatdrop

As for their age, check this out.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/athletes/athlete=824/bio/index.html

Two of them was reported to be younger than 16. And I bet it's not just only two.

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff