Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Mortium's Painting and Modelling thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xenos Mortium

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:50 pm
Well, when I got home today I decided to start painting my Drop Sentinel. I got it from the same friend who made the Thunderbolt, he made this one as well. Initially I didn't like the paint job on it, but as I've sat and looked at it, I like it more and more.

I put a base down of Bestial Brown, then drybrushed the entire thing Codex Grey, and then splotched on some Desert Yellow and drybrushed Chaos Black where I didn't put the yellow. Then I drybrushed on Codex Grey all over.

It actually didn't take that long at all, only like 30-60 minutes, and while it's a "sloppy" paint job, it actually looks pretty decent. I think that I'm going to replace the tube from the Multi-melta to hte tanks on the side, as well as that I'm going to redo the base entirely. I really don't like it.

Oh, and sorry about the poor quality pictures, I really hate this camera.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:02 pm

Needs a giant set of grav chutes. Other than that, the model is very nice.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Xenos Mortium

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:40 pm
Yeah, Ima have to mess with it some again pretty soon. I need to touch up on some of the paint job, and as I already said I'm going to replace the tube and redo the base. I'm not really sure what I should do for the base though... sweatdrop

But I'm going to find something to slap on as huge thrusters on the back and maybe add some other stuff. I likes it.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:56 pm
Giant grav chutes? I disagree. My own Accantran pattern drop sentinel has three grav chutes, two in the rear like conversion above and one in front under the cockpit.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Xenos Mortium

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:59 am
User Image

This picture is pretty old, but this is most of what I have painted. I've also gotten some more models from a friend, but I can't take credit for their being painted. This is about all I've painted so far in my army.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:58 am
Hey, welcome back!  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items