Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AndyX

6,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:11 am
2 days now until open Beta... I can't wait. i've alerady preordered my game(s) and now it's just a waiting game.

if you're one of the few gaian's who have facebook be sure to look up the StarTrek Online page there  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:16 pm
OH MY GOD. I want this game. I've just been watching some game reviewers start beta testing the game over at Giant Bomb, mind you they're each around an hour long:

Set Phasers to Fun - Part 1
Set Phasers to Fun - Part 2
Set Phasers to Fun - Part 3

I was a little unsure about this game at first, I admit. But after watching the dude play, it looks like alot of fun! ...then again, I always had a soft spot for some nice tactical strategic gaming.  

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

AndyX

6,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:53 am
so i've been playing the Beta for a few says now and while it still has a few glitches, it is AWESOME!!!

i'm finding that i'm enjoying space combat quite a bit, i think with the addition of bridge officers and starship loot drops they improved greatly upon such other starship command games such as startrek Legacy. and it helps in my opinion that you are playing your ship and your own crew and not the enterprise yet again.

thankfully i made characters soon enough that i was able to reserve my ship names i wanted mostly the Solstice and the Maelstrom,

interesting Coincidence is that the digital deluxe edition comes with a 360 degree weapon turret, where most starship weapons don't have more than a 270 firing arc. so in theory i can have my Maelstrom defiant class with the weapon turret i had wanted way back when mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:55 am
Mystchevious
ninja heart
Saw it. Hated it. No really hated it. The only interesting part about the game is the 2.5D space combat and I don't even like that. Also there are like 50 different kinds of currency you need to buy ship mods and what not. Your crew abilities are limited by the ship you get which is limited by the level your commander is. The list of qualms I have goes on. Needless to say the hard core star trek fans are going to go gaga for it. I on the other hand am going to handily pass on this one.
heart ninja

Space Combat is fun, it is my opinion that it is more fun than ground missions. probably because my character has more options in space combat than in ground.

there are 3 different kinds of Currency. (least that i've seen so far)

Energy Credits this is your basic MMO gold, you use this to buy everything and you even use this to customize your ships, outfits, and awayteam / bridge officers. Energy Credits even appear to be used to buy your next ship when you gain a rank. ranks are gained every 10 levels it appears.

StarFleet Merits are used to purchase new bridge officers, or new skills for your bridge officers, this is in case you don't happen to like the skills they already have. Re naming your ship and bridge officers is also measured in these merits.

Badges of Exploration, these are your standard PVP money. not much else they are used for aside for buying powerful "Twink" items for PVP.

yes it is a shame that the bridge officers skills are limited to the equipment on the ship, but while progressing up through the ranks you won't really notice this as long as you've got the most current ship for your rank. If you get to admiral and want to go joy riding in your first Miranda light cruiser you're going to be sorely disappointed that the bridge officers only have access to their first level skills.  

AndyX

6,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:42 pm
AndyX
thankfully i made characters soon enough that i was able to reserve my ship names i wanted mostly the Solstice and the Maelstrom

Buuuut won't the names get wiped when beta-testing finishes? I just made up a whatever name for my midgety alien gal. Yumbo III of the U.S.S. Yumboshanks xp

If I do end up getting this game, I'll put more thought into the naming process upon the official release.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:22 pm
so open Beta just closed, however i've got Screenshots if you're interested mrgreen

My Ship
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

My Captain (my ex would be proud she was always bugging me to play something other than humans in other MMO's LOL

a cool alien whom i modified, she is a bridge officer for my "klingon side" Character

My Bajoran Bridge Officer, an Engineer

My Andorian Bridge Officer, another Engineer

My Klingon Side Character is a Lethean mrgreen
I forgot to get a screenshot of my Trill bridge officer whom i gave a pink pony tail sad  

AndyX

6,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:00 pm
What tier ship is that? I only got to Lieutenant Commander just yesterday, so I didn't have much chance to work up a look at ships.

And while we're in screenie posting mode:

My first ship
User Image

My Captain, as well as my tactical officer and science officer in the background
My captain had an obsession with big guns...
...and tribbles
End Beta RAVE AT QUARKS, RAISE THE ROOF!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:55 am
awesome Screens. yeah i made a Human looking Alien as my secondary Character too, just so i could get the feats/perks i wanted.

that is a Nova class Ship, unmodified. it is the Lt Cmdr tier ship for Science Class. they have 2 other ships which look somewhat similar, but i choose to do a strait Nova class there. I love it! i've got Shields that barely seem to drain, and when they do i've go

t 2 Bridge officer abilities to restor them. and the Science Class ships gets special Sub System targeting. so i love using the Tachyon Beam and the Target Shields to drain opponent's shields quickly.

(the Fire Supression device is fun to spray while running around the stations) lol  

AndyX

6,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:06 pm
Lol, did you try using fire suppression on enemies? It's kind of hilarious. My husband likes to yell "SUPPRESSING FIRE" as he does it. Ahh puns.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:39 am
Junimaia
What tier ship is that? I only got to Lieutenant Commander just yesterday, so I didn't have much chance to work up a look at ships.

And while we're in screenie posting mode:

My first ship
User Image

My Captain, as well as my tactical officer and science officer in the background
My captain had an obsession with big guns...
...and tribbles
End Beta RAVE AT QUARKS, RAISE THE ROOF!

So , you get to design your own ships?  

Curtis25

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:07 am
Not from scratch, but you do get to customize it to an extent. By the looks of things there's basically three ship classes you can choose per tier (when you level up enough, you get access to other tiers of ships), so you can either choose one of those templates as is, or you can modify it into the ship you like by mixing and matching the 3 different class parts together to make what you want. There are quite a few patterns of paint job you can choose for each part of the ship as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:10 pm
I dont know if I want to cust. my ship. I just went from refit consitution to excalibur. So far I am happy with it. Pluse when playing a song from my player just makes the game more fun in a way. I am using the music's from the star trek movies on it. So far, Wraith of Khan did a wonder on it. Thinking of making a special playlist for the klingon side.

Me and the crew.

On Risa.... REALLY wishing I had some swimming trunks.

My 1st ship, the FERIM

Lots of laser in this fleet action

May the FERIM rest in peace.

Introducing FERIM-A

Beginning to think I need a newer ship

The FERIM-A part1

The FERIM-A part 2

Well those are my current pic's. I did a slight change in my officers though. just food for thought.  

Trunksmad

Doineann

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:03 pm
It sounds awesome, but isn't there a monthly fee? I don't play games with monthly fees. I can't afford to pay them.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:46 pm
There is, 14.99 for one whole month. But if you want I could send you the codes on the back of my cards. I dont have a use for them other than bookmarks.  

Trunksmad

Curtis25

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:39 pm
whats the difference between the regular version of the game and the collectors edition?  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff