Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
~Venting about my Homophobic Boyfriend~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pretty Pretty Priceless

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:17 am
Erandir
If he mentions again that gay people are 'gross' tell him that we feel exactly the same way about straight people. At least I do. I don't understand why homophobes think it's alright to go around saying how it disgusts them what we decide to do in bed, I think straight sex is pretty gross, but I'm not going to go around telling every straight person I know that they're disgusting.
Reading this I just kept imagining you shouting "DAMN BREEDERS!"

No offense of course.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:55 pm
XIII falling stars
Erandir
If he mentions again that gay people are 'gross' tell him that we feel exactly the same way about straight people. At least I do. I don't understand why homophobes think it's alright to go around saying how it disgusts them what we decide to do in bed, I think straight sex is pretty gross, but I'm not going to go around telling every straight person I know that they're disgusting.
Reading this I just kept imagining you shouting "DAMN BREEDERS!"

No offense of course.

Lol.
Only if they say "Damn Queers" first. In which case I assume I'm completely justified.  

Erandir

Occasional_Angel

4,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:30 pm
1. Gay people are neither gross nor usless.

2. Why say something so rude about a family member? That's like any gay's nightmare.

3. Does he know you feel so strongly on this issue? You should totally let him know that sh*t like this is DEFINITELY not tollerated.

Sasu heart Naru = Some crazy fangirls.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:13 pm
I feel so bad for his brother. Not only to have to deal with society hating you, but even your family? I would be so upset if I was in that position. (Luckily, my family tends to be accepting, though, not all of it)

Your boyfriend was obviously brought up by people who feel the same way he does, or he at least associates with other people who are homophobic, so it's not entirely his fault he feels disgusted or uncomfortable, but at the same time, ignorance isn't an excuse. He doesn't have to like, nor accept people of other sexualities, but he should at least try to tolerate it, and learn to keep hateful comments to himself. There's enough bad mojo in the world.  

nuripyon

AIRanimechiic

450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:48 am
Erandir

Also gay =/= useless. I'm sure I could go search online right now and find quite a large list of important historical figures who were gay. Let's start out with what I can think off off the top of my head.
Alexander the Great, most of ancient Rome and Greece, for that matter
Oscar Wilde
J.M. Barrie
William Shakespeare
Sir Ian McKellen
Freddy Mercury

you might also mention Dumbledore from the Harry Potter series!
and this super amazing actor Douzi from Farewell My Concubine.

anyways for my part of the rant this reminds me of the brother from Challengers or Chisato from Kirepapa... its understandable that siblings can fear incest  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:04 am
I think I understand how you feel.
We were disgussing homosexuality in Health one day, and someone asked how girls actually screwed. Then the guy in front of me started going on about how it was gross, and a sin, and eventually I asked him, very quietly and politely, to shut up.
And my friends are in Music, and all the time in class the teacher talks about how gay men are dirty and wrong and "unnatural". I'm happy I'm not in her class, or else I would have walked out so many times.
It sucks when people can't see past their own prejudices.

carrionteeth

Versatile Worshipper

11,925 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Marathon 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200

OrganizationOatmeal

Sugary Scamp

13,525 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:21 pm
Quote:
~Have you had simular situations with people saying stuff against Gays? What did you do?
~Do you think its wrong to call someone completly useless just because they're gay?

1) Yes. I have. And it's one of those moments where I just have to tyy my best to turn my attention elsewhere and chew my tongue until it bleeds. I live in a place where being gay is not tolarated at all, and it's actually quite scary to think about what would happen if someone was accused of being gay in my school. I've learned that silence is a virtue.

2) Yes. Your worth, in my eyes, isn't linked to your sexual prefrence in even the slightest amount. It doesn't matter what you like. One can still perform his/her duties perfectly.

People who think otherwise aren't worth the breath or time.

Quote:
DAMN BREEDERS!

Gods, I love calling straight people that. I love the man who first told me that phrase!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:01 pm
Uugghh... I agree with Erandir. Looking at straight people being all lovey dovey makes me... =.= It's just not my kind of thing to look at, and even if I have a choice to simply look away and not say anything unnecessary, it's unavoidable since there are people at school who have to kiss in public. It annoys me to no end; good thing I have a choice on which manga I can read, otherwise, I'd be forced to have my eyes glued to a picture of a boy and a girl kissing that will literally cause me to groan irritatedly...

Although I don't hate all straight people in general, nor do I dis straight pairings (unless someone attacks a Yuri/ sometimes Yaoi manga/pairing first). It's just not my interest list, and I would do well not to get too involved with them.  

Maki Casanova

Ellen Watermellen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:40 pm
I don't think there is anything wrong with homophobic people.
I DO think theirs something wrong with being a gay basher, however.

Homophobes and gay-HATERS are different. My grandma is homophobic, and she's great. She doesn't HATE homosexuality, she just feels uncomfortable when she sees it. Nobody chooses to be grossed out and scared of something silly like gay people. Bashing them, however, is a choice.

I feel grossed out when someone has a crush on their teacher. I think it's creepy, gross and it makes me uncomfortable. Does that mean I hate my friend who has a crush on teacher? No.

Your boyfriend is an example of a gay basher, not a homophobe.  
[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff