Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Halloween! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:13 pm
Last Halloween I was working at Burger King (I've since quit). My manager said we could dress up if we wanted to, and since I hated that uniform I was more than happy to oblige.

I had an old witch costume stuffed away and I found a hat, borrowed some tall striped stockings (green ones!) and wore some black shoes. I was amazed at how many people stopped and ate that night, since we nearly had people nonstop. I don't know about the rest of you, but my family never did such a thing, we were too busy getting candy.

I'd like to dress up again, just because it's a fun little tradition and I love to play dress-up, period. Not sure what I'd be this halloween though. My boyfriend and I have thought about him being dressed up as the Star Trek Captain and me paint myself green and be his little green alien girlfriend biggrin but who knows if that will come to fruition. blaugh

Edit: I forgot about this until just now. The night manager and one of the cooks both dressed up as women, inflatable chests and all. But I think we were the only ones who dressed up.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:22 pm
TeaDidikai

So, seeing a lot of folks don't really do the "Halloween" thing- why not?

For me, I just see it as a kids' thing; something fun for them to celebrate and do.

And I really don't have money to spend on clothes I can't wear on a regular basis >.>  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Cirrus Mystallow

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:16 pm
Here Are Some Photos Of Us: (Bear in mind we are poor students who had to make our outfits from items found in charity shops lol)

Myself
My Fiancee
Us Together, before we go out.
Us in our Student Union.

She also like designed her backpack and attached a Battle Royal map to it (which she made).  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:49 pm
As of right now I'm not totally sure what I'm doing for Halloween this year--I'm hoping my girlfriend and I are invited to a party or something because neither of us have the space or means to host (although we are totally willing to co-host, so maybe I'll talk to some friends about hosting).

Last year I was a Girl Scout, and the year before I used the chemise from my garb to be Wendy from Peter Pan. My girlfriend and I really should start thinking about Halloween, it's a lot closer than we really want to think.

EternalHearts

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:02 am
No Halloween for me, unless some pagan friend decide to invite me for a party, or I decide to give one. Where I live if you ask around people go:"Huh? Halloween? What is that?" surprised Unless they know it from American sitcoms and movies and shows.

We do have a lovely tradition called st. Maarten which does involve lanterns which the local children made (With electric light to stop accidents) and then they do around singing that cows have tails and the girls have skirts. In return they expect candy. In the North where I live this is a still running tradition.

So no trick or treating, but children singing (sometimes very badly) songs about a dead guy named Maarten, and expecting candy for their singing abilities. No dressing up... You Americans seem to at least know how to give a good party. Here is all seems to be sober and solemn.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:26 am
I love dressing up. But this year I'm broke, so I will probably find some wings and be a skanky goth fairy because someone gave me the costume. Or go back to the Japanese schoolgirl standby.  

TatteredAngel

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:36 am
Hopefully, my family will do what we did last year for Halloween. Go bowling in our costumes. xd My older brother and little sister were pimps, my mom was a demon, and I was a vampire. I don't know what I'll be. I'd like to talk sister into being a Team Magma grunt and I'll go as a Team Aqua grunt so we can bowl against eachother. That'll be great for picture takeing.

p.s. Team Magma and Team Aqua are from Pokemon  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:30 pm
Oh my gosh ^^ I would love to see that photo if you do the Team Magma/Aqua duo.

I've been a fan of Pokemon since it started, and I've never wavered when it came to the new games coming out. ^^ I always get funny looks at the check out when I get them though, guess it's because of my age.  

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:10 pm
Don't you know Tea? Halloween is also known as International Cosplay Day. xD

I think it may be more appropriate to wear [NPC] Jack on that day than any other time I've cosplayed him xD

For some reason, the amount of Trick or Treaters has been decreasing over the past few years. I mean, there are a lot of new fmaillies moving in, but I think the fact that most of them are immigrant famillies from India seems to stall something like that. Especially when you have even more expensive holidays (Diwali and that other one whose name escapes me at the moment) around the corner.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:40 am
Taliah
Oh my gosh ^^ I would love to see that photo if you do the Team Magma/Aqua duo.

I've been a fan of Pokemon since it started, and I've never wavered when it came to the new games coming out. ^^ I always get funny looks at the check out when I get them though, guess it's because of my age.

I'll have to show you pictures from Metrocon, my friends and I went as all the teams exept for the new on, Galactica I think. We had one Rocket, two Magmas and one Aqua.  

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

Lotus Poem

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:47 am
Halloween is actually a big deal in my family, always has been. This year I'm dressing up as a fairy godmother smile We buy tons of candy to give out and take the kids trick or treating. This year I think the wee one is going as a mermaid. DH likes scarier costumes but I'm all about the glitter lol. We also have a huge dinner, my mom started it when we were kids, it was a way to get us to eat real food before binging on candy. It's gotten way bigger since I was little though.

About a week before Halloween a local children's group all meets at the Corn Maze which is awesome. They have the regular maze which is great, the haunted maze, games and stuff for the kids to play and campfire sites. We all bring hot dogs and s'mores stuff and let the kids play while we talk around the fire. This year the lady who runs it is also talking about doing a kid friendly samhain gathering with their own ritual and everything. We usually do samhain separately as a family. I find combining it with Halloween is convenient but at my daughter's age it is confusing. Doing them separately helps us teach her better.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:58 am
Me and my friends still dress up. I was a skanky pirate last year. This year I'm going as Wednesday Addams. Big party, scary movies, and a sugar coma. Does it get any better?  

SinginginSilence

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:22 pm
I can't wait untill halloween ^-^ I collect halloween stuff, like witches, pumkins, black cats, and ghouts. biggrin This year I'll be dressing up, don't know as what yet....but I'll also get to dress up at work too. xd They will probibly be different costums though. I'll probibly invite my sister-in-law over with her new baby and just hang out and give out candy to any one who shows up......maby watch a movie. Although there hasn't been as many trick-or-treaters in the last few years as there where when I was younger. Its sad that people are so parinoid.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:11 pm
I don't know what I'm going to go as this year. Last year I originally went as a slutty angel in red but my friend had this Egyptian custom so I gave her my wings and we went as an angel and a devil (me being the devil). We took her little brother and sister out. For some reason many of the older people whose house we stopped at thought I was a flapper. It must have been the top.

This year I'm thinking about having a party. Something small with friends. I know what I'm going to be doing the next year. Two of my friends decided to get married on Halloween and are having a costume party as their reception. xd It's going to be awesome.

RedRoseSpiral

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:36 am
I was in Michael's last week and they already have Halloween stuff up.

My freshman year of college I went as my furry character, Kee: Face, Face 2 , Full body. My Gaia friend NG made the tail and the ears for me. I wore the red shirt in the morning, then changed outfits for my last class of the day and put on more paint. Some of my teachers were quite shocked by the tail.

Sophomore year I went to a Halloween concert at a bar and dressed up as a slutty schoolgirl (oh, the irony), but I don't think I have any pictures of that. Plaid skirt, white collared shirt, knee-high black lace-up platform boots, with my hair in pigtails.

Last year I don't think I dressed up. There was a Samhain ritual instead.

The one time I did Halloween in high school I dressed up as Duo Maxwell from Gundam Wing. 1, 2. I had longer hair then, so I braided it and made a tiny scythe out of cardboard, paper, and a pen.

I really like Halloween. When I was a kid I would help my mom make my costumes; my favorites were Bilbo Baggins (way before you could get Frodo costumes and plastic One Rings in grocery stores), an Egyptian sarcophagus, a monarch butterfly, and Raggedy Anne. If I grow my hair out this year I might be able to pull off Robin from WHR next year.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff