Welcome to Gaia! ::

Perfect Strangers Guild

Back to Guilds

There are no such things as strangers, only friends we haven't met yet. 

Tags: Bookworms, Heroes, General, strangers, friends 

Reply \,,/(^_^)\,,/ ...................................JapaniaX
▀▄▀▄Japanese foods.▀▄▀▄ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Itadakimasu~
  Gochisōsama deshita.
View Results

daniG0rawr
Crew

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:23 pm
yeshyesh
I suppose you could make it, but I'm better off buying it, I think - if you know how to make tea, you're probably already one step in. And I've seen cocktail shakers being involved, so maybe that comes into it... but otherwise, I'm ignorant of how to go about making it.
Oh, and you can buy the tapioca pearls and cook them, I guess - and at bbt stores, they generally soak them in sugar water/syrup in order to keep them from sticking and also to sweeten them to some extent. But yeah - that's all I know haha, if that can be called knowledge.
wats a bbt store..and where do u buy bubble tea..in like cans...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:42 am
@ OfCourseImAwesome: it does seem the kind of thing that the Japanese or the maybe the Koreans would come up with, hee. Ohwell. Okonomiyaki is kind of like a savoury pancake, usually with a lot of shredded cabbage, cheese or octopus (well, that's what my teacher used to put in mine) but 'okono' means 'as you like' so I guess you can put whatever you want in it. We usually topped it off with japanese mayonnaise, okonomiyaki sauce (or in our case, barbecue sauce ^^) and cuttle fish flakes.

@fanboy: a bbt (bubbletea) store is basically a store that sells it, I guess. In Perth, we have Utopia which is like a franchise store that does it... I think they might have Utopia in America? And no, I don't think you can get it in cans - that'd be kind of wierd. Generally, it'll get served to you in a glass or in a plastic cup with the big fat straw to suck up the sago/tapioca pearls. At Utopia though, you don't have to get normal sago - you can get sago that's been injected with chocolate, or jelly, or pudding.  

yeshyesh

undacuva_druid
Vice Captain

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:51 am
I don't like asian foods sad

My only addition to this subject is:
We went out for lunch and yesh got "Karaage Don" and the other friend asked about it's name and yesh told her about the Karaage sauce or something, so she asked "then what is the 'Don'". I quickly replied "the head of the mafia" hehe. Sorry... back on topic...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:34 pm
yeshyesh
@ OfCourseImAwesome: it does seem the kind of thing that the Japanese or the maybe the Koreans would come up with, hee. Ohwell. Okonomiyaki is kind of like a savoury pancake, usually with a lot of shredded cabbage, cheese or octopus (well, that's what my teacher used to put in mine) but 'okono' means 'as you like' so I guess you can put whatever you want in it. We usually topped it off with japanese mayonnaise, okonomiyaki sauce (or in our case, barbecue sauce ^^) and cuttle fish flakes.

@fanboy: a bbt (bubbletea) store is basically a store that sells it, I guess. In Perth, we have Utopia which is like a franchise store that does it... I think they might have Utopia in America? And no, I don't think you can get it in cans - that'd be kind of wierd. Generally, it'll get served to you in a glass or in a plastic cup with the big fat straw to suck up the sago/tapioca pearls. At Utopia though, you don't have to get normal sago - you can get sago that's been injected with chocolate, or jelly, or pudding.
where do u live..i wish we had more japanesse stuff here...  

daniG0rawr
Crew

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

yeshyesh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:48 am
Hee, in Australia - and we're pretty multicultural (though I'm sure America is also) so we have food from pretty much every single nationality.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:55 am
yeshyesh
Hee, in Australia - and we're pretty multicultural (though I'm sure America is also) so we have food from pretty much every single nationality.
the only places where u can find real japanese foods r in china towns in big citys......i only have panda express...  

daniG0rawr
Crew

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

yeshyesh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:20 am
We do have places like ChinaTown... but there's really no point, because there are Asian restaurants everywhere, anyway. Just like pretty much every other nationality, ha. You can find anything, really.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:03 pm
i was up in canada and the chinese ppl were running like every restaurant..

Itailian
American
Greek
etc....

daniG0rawr
Crew

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

yeshyesh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:53 pm
Ha, that would be true for us also... and maybe typical of most places - we Asians are a profiteering lot, hehe.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:33 pm
@ yesh; Japanese mayo?
:automatically thinks of Hijikata:
Is that different from normal mayo?

@fb; Yeah, go Chinese people!

ni hao elaine
Vice Captain

yeshyesh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:36 am
OfCourseImAwesome
@ yesh; Japanese mayo?

It is, actually. It tastes different... I'm not a food connoisseur, so I can't really describe it ^^ It's better, IMO, anyway. Also: Hijikata?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:13 pm
yeshyesh
Ha, that would be true for us also... and maybe typical of most places - we Asians are a profiteering lot, hehe.

i have noticed that......

daniG0rawr
Crew

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

ni hao elaine
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:58 am
yeshyesh
OfCourseImAwesome
@ yesh; Japanese mayo?

It is, actually. It tastes different... I'm not a food connoisseur, so I can't really describe it ^^ It's better, IMO, anyway. Also: Hijikata?

From Gintama. (:
He's someone who loves mayo to the point of obsession.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:10 pm
fanboy360
GREEN TEA ICE CREAM!!!!!!!!

CRAB SUSHI ROLLS

RAMEN/KIMCHI SOUP

GREEN TEA!!!

yummmy yummy yummy!!

i love reen tea icecream and soft shell crab rollss....so yummy

when i go i always order rainbow roll...i really love salmon....but sis u guys know tuna has a lot of mercury in it we arent suppose to eat so much  

Melisciose22
Captain

3,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
\,,/(^_^)\,,/ ...................................JapaniaX

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers