Submit

Ever not want a series to end?
  Heck, yes!
  I'm glad when they're over.
  I love GOLD! What was the question?
View Results

Minerva the Bookwyrm

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:35 am
Once I wrote a fan fiction that was an alternate ending for the Song of the Lioness by Tamora Pierce where Alanna wound up with Jonathan instead of George. I know subsequest series wouldn't be the same if they'd married, but I can't help preferring them as a match.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:36 pm
Just on the note about Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson. Brandon Sanderson is an AMAZING author. Love his books and I think he is an excellent choice for finishing up of Wheel of Time. Trust me you should go read his personal blogs about it. He's already said time and time again he's not Robert Jordan nor is he going to attempt to be. He's just carrying out Jordan's last wish that his book be be finished for his fans. I just love how Sanderson is actually approaching doing this book.

The only series that I've wanted more of after it finished was Anne Bishop's Dark Jewel Trilogy. However she did write more about it- some short stories and the prequel, which were good, and she has a new book out which I have yet to pick up (waiting for the paper back). But I guess what I really want is more story about the main characters. Sure the Invisible Ring was good, but it wasn't great like the trilogy. That's what I want more of.  

Masquanade

chellybear10

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:02 pm
I just finished the Inkheart series (litterally like 3 hours ago) and the epilouge didn't tell you enough! I think there should be a forth book where Meggie's little brother's name is actually mentioned and Thumbling gets control of the Castle of Night (like the last scene he was in implied he wanted) and tries to get control of Ombra. It would be a few years later so Meggie would be in a real relationship (maybe even married depending on how far later it is) with Doria, Farid returns to help with the war, Jacopo is less snotty and other good stuff.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:09 pm
One of my favorite Authors is Lori Wick, a christian romance author. She published the most amazing series ( I cannot remember what is called but one of the books in it is " A Gathering of Memories," One is, "A Song for Silas" and one is " The Long Road Home")
but in one of the books it mentions how the brother of the guys in the other books meets his wife and you could tell that it would make a totally amazing book. i really want to read a book about him.  

babie3000

PtolemaeusZero

Invisible Hunter

5,750 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:14 pm
Okay so the Shamers Chronicals was awsome but it ended with a cliff hanger. I would have liked Dina's brother to have some kind of power in the next book and the story to kind of be about him. It would have been interesting and awsome. ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:19 am
I'm not sure this would be considered a continuation, but...

What I do is after I read a book, I put myself in the place of a character and imagine how the other charaters would have reacted to me. Obviously, I change some things or bring in my personality (I don't want to RE-ACT a book in my mind, I want to RE-WRITE it.) This has happened with HARRY POTTER, THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, LEVEN THUMPS, and many more. Some of these are spin-offs, but most of them are my ideas influenced by other books/songs/movies/cultural aspects.  

Harmonious Dischord

7,500 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

PtolemaeusZero

Invisible Hunter

5,750 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:01 pm
CoolMoonGoddess3

What I do is after I read a book, I put myself in the place of a character and imagine how the other charaters would have reacted to me. Obviously, I change some things or bring in my personality (I don't want to RE-ACT a book in my mind, I want to RE-WRITE it.) This has happened with HARRY POTTER, THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, LEVEN THUMPS, and many more. Some of these are spin-offs, but most of them are my ideas influenced by other books/songs/movies/cultural aspects.

That sounds cool, you should post your Harry Potter rewrite. Im sure a lot of people in this guild would appreciate your writing!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:44 am
ShadowCreator42
CoolMoonGoddess3

That sounds cool, you should post your Harry Potter rewrite. Im sure a lot of people in this guild would appreciate your writing!

Thank you! But many of my "re-writes" have like, fifty billion swears and stuff. And it really wouldn't make sense because apperantly I get super powers from Star Wars, then *using* my powers I jump into Harry Potter, slap a buch of people, fight with Hogwarts in the final battle, and all that jazz. Many things are allusions to other spin-offs, so I'm not really sure people would get it. crying cry Why can't I learn to be more choherant?? cry sad  

Harmonious Dischord

7,500 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Flarityxx18

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:44 pm
Cool, Minerva's here! biggrin

But that's an awesome continuation of Harry Potter! I'd so love a Harry Potter 8...well, actually, a better one would be James Potter, lolz. Ya know, Marauder's Era HP? That would rock so much, man!

I would also like to continue A Series of Unfortunate Events. They left us hanging off a freaking cliff, I want moooore! gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:52 am
Kineka_the_Warrior
Cool, Minerva's here! biggrin

But that's an awesome continuation of Harry Potter! I'd so love a Harry Potter 8...well, actually, a better one would be James Potter, lolz. Ya know, Marauder's Era HP? That would rock so much, man!

I would also like to continue A Series of Unfortunate Events. They left us hanging off a freaking cliff, I want moooore! gonk

You think that's a bad ending? Try watching "The Italian Job". (Sorry, I know, no talking about movies in a book guild). It *literally* is a cliff hanger! I WANTED MORE SO BAD! People even had contests to figure out what would happen when they got out of the situation.  

Harmonious Dischord

7,500 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

AkkarinTheDark

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:14 am
Minerva the Bookwyrm
Okay, I'll start! xd I'd have there be another Harry Potter because I adore the series so much!

I'd LOVE to see a series about the Marauders', Lily's, and Severus' generation! heart However, a "Harry Potter 8" book would centre around Harry due to the title and what we've seen in the series so far. Voldemort is Harry's nemesis, so it would be difficult to write a book about Harry with Voldie gone, but...I have an idea!!! idea

Book 8 - Harry Potter and the League of Paragons

Voldemort, like Hitler, was obsessed with a "pure master race," so he tried to breed the perfect specimens. Tom Riddle, being an attractive man, and believing everyone around him as being weaker and easily manipulated, would have noticed the advantages of being good-looking. As a result, his perfect followers would have to be especially atractive so they could easily persuade even more people to be loyal to the Dark Lord's cause. He would have Veelas breed with his top Death Eaters, or perhaps just have one exceptional Death Eater empregnate several different Veelas, to ensure they would have superiour beauty.

(I suspect Voldemort considered sexual lust as "common," and therefore beneath him. He lusted for power, not another body, and would have any desire to sleep with the Veelas hmself.)

Also, Voldemort would certainly have the babies injected with potions after their birth to enhance their physical and mental capabilities. In the Hogwarts textbooks, Hermione never mentions serums that can improve magical capability, but Voldemort could have had his top potion makers, such as Severus, design some to give the specimens.

Even though he didn't contribute to their genetics himself, Voldemort still ordered their creation, and would thusly expect the specimens to view him as their father. In Voldemort's mind, the "children" would be so grateful to him for bringing them life and giving them better powers than any other creature on Earth that they would be even more loyal than any of his Death Eaters. Good children obey their fathers, don't they?

The Dark Lord would want the creations to be loyal to him and only him, not even have fidelity for each other, ergo he would have them raised separately. One of each would live with a different Death Eater, though not the Death Eater that fathered them because Voldemort would not want to risk them developing a parental attachment for someone that was not himself. Again, Voldemort demonstrates underestimating the power of love, and that people do not to be blood related to become family. The children would be taught in the arts of magic by private tutors rather than attend school because their existence must remain secret until the Dark Lord is ready to reveal them.

As seen in the cave with Dumbledore, Voldemort didn't consider underaged wizards worthwhile, ergo he would have the message magically ingrained into his children to come to a location to meet him on their seventeenth birthdays once they were worthwhile adults.

Voldemort began this endeavour in 1980, meaning that the children were born in 1981 a few months before Harry became The Boy Who Lived and Voldemort was defeated the first time.

In spite of the fact that their lord had fallen, the Death Eaters were fearful of neglecting to raise his "children," so they kept them confined to the designated home and tutored them in magic and the greatness of Voldemort, who had given them life.

One surrogate parent, however, failed to tell the child how amazing Voldemort was. This surrogate parent arranged for the child to be with a tutor/nanny of Dumbledore's choosing whenever he was away at work. This surrogate parent taught the child to resent being "an experiment" designed by a selfishly ambitious man. This surrogate parent was, of course, Severus Snape.

When the children turned seventeen and instinctively went to the place where they were to meet their creator, Voldemort had already been destroyed by Harry Potter (for the final time) almost a year previously. This hardly mattered, though, since now the children had finally met each other, met others as unique in abilities as they were themselves, met the rest of the people the infamous He Who Must Not Be Named designed as perfect. They felt an instant connection and - with teaching of power-hungry Death Eaters harped upon them from babyhood - recognised that by joining together they would be unstoppable. They elected to refer to themselves as the League of Paragons. (A paragon is a model of perfection or excellence.)

One of the seven (Naturally, Voldemort would have wanted seven children, considering it the most magical number.) was not interested in joining this syndicate. Snape's surrogate child went to warn the great Harry Potter that had brought down Voldemort so many times, assuming that Harry would surely also be able to deafeat Voldemort's "children."

Now, Harry must work alongside someone raised by Severus Snape, a person that Harry hated for so long and recently came to admire. After all, only one of the seven experiments realises what the other experiments are capable of, so Harry will need the guidance. Harry reforms the Order of the Phoenix with all of our favourite characters (Hermione, Ron, Luna, Neville, etcetera) to go against the League of Paragons.
~

Yes, that's definitely what I'd do if I was writing Harry Potter eight! cool That was a fun idea to come up with! razz JKR says Neville married Hannah Abbott from Hufflepuff, so I'd make her have a lerger role in the eight novel.

I love the idea of Severus raising a daughter (Due to how he treats Narcissa, and how he isn't as hard on Hermione as Harry and Neville, he seems to soften slightly - very slightly - around women...women that aren't evil Bellatrix. xd ). However, I'd probably make the one good child a boy so that he could wind up with Luna. The loon needs love heart because she's one of my fave characters! I'd rather have Harry with Luna, but JKR's epilogue means Harry has to marry Ginny. sad I could make Snape's surrogate child a girl and still have her with Luna...Yeah, why not? Luna strikes me as being bisexual. 3nodding Their relationship could just be implied the way the Dumbledore/Grindelwald and Sirius/Remus is. The girls could simply hug before or after a dangerous battle, no need to kiss or anything. Luna isn't a public displayer of affection anyway.

VOLDEMORT AND SEVERUS ARE DEAD THERE GOES UR 8TH book  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:25 pm
The Raine Benares (Magic Lost, Trouble Found; Armed & Magical; & The Trouble with Demons) series by Lisa Shearin. The plot was about an elf bounty hunter, Raine Benares, who got a hold of a pendant that magically bound her to a powerful demon and the trouble that resulted from that binding and how she eventually dealt with it.

The problem with the series was that Raine was supposed to be this very powerful, dangerous bounty hunter/assassin. The problem is that the only reason everyone is afraid of Raine's powers/abilities is because the authour says so. Shearin makes a big ado about how Raine's talents are average but she wields them so well she might as well have great powers, the problem is Raine never does anything that make me believe that. She talks big but when push comes to shove Raine always backs down. On top of that all the people Raine runs with are not just strong, they're super-powers and its written that they are afraid of Raine as well. WHY!? She is one of the weakest characters I've ever read about! She needs to put up or shut up!

I would beef Raine up a bit and quite making such a huge deal about how average she is. Also when push came to shove I would have that wench throw down. She could win by luck or trickery not just pure strength, but she would actually need to prove why everyone is so bloody afraid of her.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

-ASIAN-LOVER-FTW-7-0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:10 am
honestly i was sad when the uglies ended but i really wouldn't have no where else to go with it.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff