Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
A Couple Of Questions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ethermus Prime

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:30 am
TeaDidikai
Ethermus Prime
patch99329
I believe in the majority of the worlds gods in some shape or form.
I choose to honour the greek pantheon. smile

I'm with Patch on the first part. Henotheism FTW. Though I haven't found a "pantheon" to work with...as I haven't quite found my path yet.

Still working on step one...balance is tricky, and fickle
This isn't really Henotheism.

Max Müller coined the term- defining it as "monotheism in principle and polytheism in fact". I'm not even sure that Kathenotheism works well for what Patch believes, and by proxy by what you have penned, you either.

I know what the word means; but at Five o clock in the morning.....it seemed the most appropriate word. Perhaps Moaltry? I think that's the other one......  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:53 pm
1-- I'm with Cu, for the most part. I mostly go with elements as where they fit on the periodic table. Occasionally, if I'm doing something really archetypal, I'll fall back on the classical elements, but I don't tie them in with correspondences to other things because I really have no basis for it.

2-- I don't meditate. I don't find it effective, and I'm not very good at it. The closest I get is performing an activity that takes so much of my concentration that I simply have to tune everything else out. For me, performing math equations is good for this.

3-- Gems don't do crap for me, magically/spiritually-speaking. I like to look at them, and even own some inexpensive ones, but they don't really make an appearance in my practice.

4-- The more specific you get, the more you'll be able to find good sources for what you're looking for. And as to affording books, libraries are love. Even smaller libraries can usually get stuff on interlibrary loan.

5-- I'm so not qualified to even try to answer that.  

TatteredAngel

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:09 pm
Ethermus Prime

I know what the word means; but at Five o clock in the morning.....it seemed the most appropriate word. Perhaps Moaltry? I think that's the other one......
I think that would depend on what you view pantheons to be. And if there are any situations under which it is appropriate for other people to worship other gods- or for you to do so.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:22 pm
TeaDidikai
Ethermus Prime

I think that would depend on what you view pantheons to be. And if there are any situations under which it is appropriate for other people to worship other gods- or for you to do so.

Well my sentiments where in agreement on the existence of many other Gods, Godesses and other Pantheons and such.

At this current time though, I couldn't say I worship any thing. I'm not at a point where unguided deity work is open to me.

When I find/choose my path, this will obviously bring me such a point. At that point, I think it's open to the agreements you make with the deity on if you will work with others or not. Natrualy, I imagine certain deities would only take one's supplication provided it it is given to them only....  

Ethermus Prime

Tyrannical Princess

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:22 pm
I can't say for sure whether I believe in any specific deity or deities as a "person" or not. There are several archetypes (such as the trickster and or shapeshifter archetypes) that I favor and I may revere or emulate a personification of said archetype (For instance, Old Man Coyote, Raven, and even Hermes have places in my mind/spirit/soul and even have locations reserved on my skin for when I can afford the tattoo work), but I wouldn't go as far as to say that I worship them. I might even pay tribute on the rare occasion.

In some cases, I may seek out said personification for advice in my meditations, but that is most likely because it helps me tap into that archetype, whether I believe in the actual personification or not.

However, I am not so dumb as to start telling insubstantial beings that they do not exist (And that they should *prove their existence. Be careful what you wish for). There are some spirits that I most certainly believe in and it would not be a far reach to expand this to beings some people refer to as gods.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:55 pm
Ether? Do you feel like the gods play an active and present role in the world in general?  

TeaDidikai

Ethermus Prime

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:09 pm
TeaDidikai
Ether? Do you feel like the gods play an active and present role in the world in general?

Any opinion I have on that, would be an assumption. I do my damnedest to not make those. Not saying I don't...but If I can spot it before I make it...I'm going to avoid it.

So ya, No comment.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:17 pm
Ethermus Prime
TeaDidikai

Any opinion I have on that, would be an assumption. I do my damnedest to not make those. Not saying I don't...but If I can spot it before I make it...I'm going to avoid it.

So ya, No comment.
Are you able to discuss your personal observations on the matter?  

TeaDidikai

Ethermus Prime

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:28 pm
TeaDidikai
Are you able to discuss your personal observations on the matter?

I suppose, though the line of thought would still only result in an assumption. For that sake then...my personal observations would lead me to the assumption that Gods are actively passive in the world.

If that makes sense? More of a "guiding hand". They accomplish their goals and what have you, through us. Through perhaps their chosen, or dedicated.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:59 pm
Fair enough. That sounds like Hard Polytheistic Deism.

Food for thought until your experiences and observations change eh?  

TeaDidikai

Ethermus Prime

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:21 pm
TeaDidikai
Fair enough. That sounds like Hard Polytheistic Deism.

Food for thought until your experiences and observations change eh?

I suppose. My only focus at present is becoming as balanced as I can.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:05 pm
Another question: Is there a path that is mainly about becoming balanced or are all of them like that...
sorry im a bit confused.  

ForgottenDreamsMyLove

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:28 pm
ForgottenDreamsMyLove
Another question: Is there a path that is mainly about becoming balanced or are all of them like that...
sorry im a bit confused.

What do you mean by becoming balanced?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:49 pm
Nuri
ForgottenDreamsMyLove
sorry im a bit confused.

I mean inner peace and feeling at peace with nature and such... it hard to explain  

ForgottenDreamsMyLove

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:23 pm
ForgottenDreamsMyLove
Nuri
ForgottenDreamsMyLove
sorry im a bit confused.

I mean inner peace and feeling at peace with nature and such... it hard to explain
Why is peace a virtue?

Why does one want to be at peace with nature?
Is this with all of nature?
How does one achieve peace with floods, tsunamis and storms that drown people?
How about forest fires that engulf people and animals burning them alive?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff