Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:51 am
lol get it from the library?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:52 pm
I really liked twilight, despite the bit of childishness of it. I own the first three and my friend let me borrow the last, which I finished last week.

All I have to say is if Stephanie didn't destroy her rep with 'Host' then the last book completely murdered it. The ending was pretty crappy-like she was just sick of it and went 'what the hell, let's do this.' She made it delightfully suspensful and dramatic then just freakin killed it. Ugh ><

The casting for the movie (Which I'm going to see so I can b***h about bwaha) isn't too bad, but I'm not entirely fond of who they picked for the main characters. My friend feels, and I do now after she showed me, that Gaspard Ulliel from hannibal rising should have played Edward or Jasper. My opinion is that Steven Strait from Disney's Sky High should have played Jacob.

He is just yummy

Rayvnn Fever

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:58 am
Rayvnn Fever
I really liked twilight, despite the bit of childishness of it. I own the first three and my friend let me borrow the last, which I finished last week.

All I have to say is if Stephanie didn't destroy her rep with 'Host' then the last book completely murdered it. The ending was pretty crappy-like she was just sick of it and went 'what the hell, let's do this.' She made it delightfully suspensful and dramatic then just freakin killed it. Ugh ><

The casting for the movie (Which I'm going to see so I can b***h about bwaha) isn't too bad, but I'm not entirely fond of who they picked for the main characters. My friend feels, and I do now after she showed me, that Gaspard Ulliel from hannibal rising should have played Edward or Jasper. My opinion is that Steven Strait from Disney's Sky High should have played Jacob.

He is just yummy

I've not finished the last book yet. Hell, I've not even started it because I don't think it's published here in the UK yet. I've heard quite a few people who dislike the ending to Breaking Dawn...I have an idea of what may happen that could spoil it so much...but don't anyone tell me!! wink

I don't know who could play the characters in the movie cause I'm not up to date on actors of that age...but I'm not gunna make an judgements about it until I've seen the film and seen how good they are at playing the parts. I get tired of hearing all the little fan girls complaining about how "ugly" Robert Pattinson is...I can't believe they are all so shallow..if he can act the part well I don't care what he looks like..and he isn't ugly! I don't think he's attractive but ..if he's ugly then I must be absolutely gross. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:38 pm
Even though so many people give the series crap, I rather liked it for a few reasons. First, she didn't do the typical vampires. It was nice to get a different kind of twist for a change. Second, the main character, Bella, wasn't godlike. I hate that about a lot of series'. The writer wants to make the main character special and gets carried away. I liked that Bella was more like a regular, sometimes slightly dimwitted, teen. Made her character more real. And then even though it was young adult (so of course it's not going to be the best writing otherwise it could be hard for some teens to understand) it was better then many other young adult books Ive come across. I was fairly pleased with the series as a whole.  

Veolin

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:58 am
Veolin
Even though so many people give the series crap, I rather liked it for a few reasons. First, she didn't do the typical vampires. It was nice to get a different kind of twist for a change. Second, the main character, Bella, wasn't godlike. I hate that about a lot of series'. The writer wants to make the main character special and gets carried away. I liked that Bella was more like a regular, sometimes slightly dimwitted, teen. Made her character more real. And then even though it was young adult (so of course it's not going to be the best writing otherwise it could be hard for some teens to understand) it was better then many other young adult books Ive come across. I was fairly pleased with the series as a whole.

That's exactly how I feel. I rarely read teenage novels because of the language really...and the issues that the books are usually about..cause I'm past teenage age so they don't appeal to me anymore. and you're right that it was different than other vampire books. My favourite vampire novels will always be by Anne Rice though 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:17 pm
i agree with Dweller that they came make him more different...more godlike.cause from the novel i when i read them which am i finish and reread them, and i thought every one look different.  

Rose_the_Angel_of_Death

4,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

-Resurrected Writer-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:11 pm
Veolin

However, Bella's clumsiness wasn't really a flaw (and it was also not addressed very often, from what I remember), and also just seemed sort of tacked-on. Other than that, there was nothing I could sympathize with when it came to her.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:02 pm
ok the movie was not as good as thew books but i still liked it however i am glad that in the next movie coming out in sept/ aug of 09 jacob cuts his hair and looks way better however edward looks worse with his hiar slicked back... either way i cant wait to see the new movie and then the 3rd movie in 2011 but either way i like the series so far because u can never expect the movie to be as good as the book words sometimes are just unrepresantable, and as for host i liked it to it had a good plot and it followed the story all the way through with a few good thrilling parts and the ending was adequet. fin.  

Izlin

minimishi

6,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:47 am
i can't understand why it has become so popular... it was written as if a 13 year old wrote it, and has that age group as a target audience!
the vampires are wimps, and (in the movie) Uber Ugly makeup wearing pansies!
If they are in such need for another vampire move there are MILLIONS of GREAT novels out there that are actually GOOD and deserve to be turned into movies!!!

this Twilight trend is CRAP! and i hope it fades out quickly!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:12 am
I doubt the Twilight trend will fade out sweatdrop whee

I didn't think it was written too badly for a teenage book. I have read much worse books which were aimed at adults... neutral Kate Moss's "Labyrinth" for one.  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Izlin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:38 pm
Shadow__Dweller
I doubt the Twilight trend will fade out sweatdrop whee

I didn't think it was written too badly for a teenage book. I have read much worse books which were aimed at adults... neutral Kate Moss's "Labyrinth" for one.
yeah i dont see it fding considering there is the 2nd movie in 09 3rd in 2011 and i have definatlly read worse books lol  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:54 am
Have you guys heard the Twilight soundtrack. I knew they would put Muse on there since it's Stephanie's favourite band rolleyes whee
I love the Paramore song: Decode. I love Paramore.  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:09 am
I think Stephanie Meyer does a great job at writing for her targeted audience, and I can appreciate the book for what it is...just pure silly entertainment. It's not a great work of literature but it's not meant to be taken that way and anyone who does take it that way is just missing the point all together.

I haven't seen the movie, nor do I intend to, but I'm sick to death of people saying Robert Pattington is ugly. I don't have a huge crush on him, I'm 20 for goodness sake, but there is no way he's ugly. I'm glad that he was chosen because it's good to see someone who looks a little manly (square jaw and all) rather than the usual effeminate male that young teens seem to love these days.
Twilight promotes real love and romance, when everywhere we look in society teens are being persuaded to "grow old before their time", what with sex everywhere in the media...and if Twilight gets kids and teens to read books, and makes them believe in real love, then it can only be a good thing.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:15 am
Shadow__Dweller
I think Stephanie Meyer does a great job at writing for her targeted audience, and I can appreciate the book for what it is...just pure silly entertainment. It's not a great work of literature but it's not meant to be taken that way and anyone who does take it that way is just missing the point all together.

I haven't seen the movie, nor do I intend to, but I'm sick to death of people saying Robert Pattington is ugly. I don't have a huge crush on him, I'm 20 for goodness sake, but there is no way he's ugly. I'm glad that he was chosen because it's good to see someone who looks a little manly (square jaw and all) rather than the usual effeminate male that young teens seem to love these days.
Twilight promotes real love and romance, when everywhere we look in society teens are being persuaded to "grow old before their time", what with sex everywhere in the media...and if Twilight gets kids and teens to read books, and makes them believe in real love, then it can only be a good thing.

Bold: Truth is, I think a lot of the hatedom is due to some of the more rabid fans treating the series like it really is the next great classic in literature. So I agree with you and others who say that it should be taken light-heartedly.

On the other hand, if Twilight is real love and romance, then why does Edward watch Bella sleep and forbid her from seeing some of her friends?  

-Resurrected Writer-

† The Dark Sanctuary †

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces