Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Kays Journal ^_^ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Soi Tsuba

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:50 pm
I feel you on the not taking things serious side.

I mean I've started walking again, but diet wise i'm aware, but some days i'm like what ever.

But the fact that you are trying and haven't completely given up means you aren't lazy!

A lazy person wouldn't have even started this, let alone keep going for as long as you have. That's real dedication!  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:27 pm
Ok, time once again for an update.

So, I have not been doing very well lately. I keep overeating, and eating too much junk food. >.< And eating when I'm bored to, which is quite often.

I also have been spending way too much time on the computer lately which also isn't very good. I need some kind of hobby or something to get me up and moving and out of the house. Anyone got any suggestions?

I have been trying to drink more water lately, I've been doing better at that. I've now quit drinking soda entirely, and I have bought myself a water bottle for when I'm out at the farm, because usually all we have out there to drink is soda.

I've decided to make some more changes to my diet, no drastic changes, just a few small changes. I'm going to try to eat more fruits and vegetables, I don't really eat that much fruit or vegetables really, especially during winter. Now that its spring though, I can get fresh vegetables all the time. My mom plants a lot of different vegetables in her garden, so I can get them from there.

As for exercise, I'm going to try to get plenty of exercise this summer. I plan on doing some strength training. I have very little upper body strength, as I've said before.

Ok, that's it for now.  

Kay-VW

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:22 pm
Force yourself to post/write down everything you eat, even when you overeat. It's important. I know that when I'm not posting or something on the various journals I'm keeping tabs on I just overeat and gain weight.

You can do it! Even if the only thing you're doing dedicatedly is reporting here, that's a step.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:25 am
What do you do on the farm? If you do any sort of outside work you're burning more calories than you think!
I used to clean stalls all of the time, and then I found out that my body weight/type burns 75-100 calories per stall! So the labor of love I did paid off in more ways than one!

I know about the bored eating, I'm guilty of that one, too.
Just try your best to keep gum or something like that in your mouth as much as possible, because if you have to take it out to eat, you have to think about taking the gum out so it "wakes you up" before you turn into a zombie in the kitchen like I do. xd

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Kay-VW

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:12 am
Stars in my Pocket
What do you do on the farm? If you do any sort of outside work you're burning more calories than you think!
I used to clean stalls all of the time, and then I found out that my body weight/type burns 75-100 calories per stall! So the labor of love I did paid off in more ways than one!

I know about the bored eating, I'm guilty of that one, too.
Just try your best to keep gum or something like that in your mouth as much as possible, because if you have to take it out to eat, you have to think about taking the gum out so it "wakes you up" before you turn into a zombie in the kitchen like I do. xd

I usually clean out the chicken pens and haul hay to the cows when they need it.

Hmmm, I shall have to go to the store later and pick up some gum. I eat way too much extra food when I'm bored. >.<  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:28 pm
^____^ Yay!

I've had a really awesome day today. I went to weigh myself today, well I seriously thought I had gained weight, but, turns out I was wrong. Since the last time I weighed myself, I have lost about 20 pounds! biggrin

I shall update more later. ^__^  

Kay-VW

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:38 am
Congratulations! That's great news that you've lost the weight!

I know that when I check the scale and confirm weight loss it totally makes my day! :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:56 pm
Update time.

Ok, well, It is now summer break for me. I so far though, have been lazy, sweatdrop

Ok, so anyways, I have decided to get back to work, especially now that I have more time during the summer break since I'm not busy with homework and other school related stuff. I want to lose some more weight over the summer. So far I have/ had lost 20 pounds, although in the couple of weeks since school let out for summer, I have just sat around being lazy and ate, >.<, so I don't know how much of that weight I may have gained back. I will be starting a summer job in five days so, that will help. I will also be helping with the garden, and I am planning on walking the dogs more this summer, so more walking.

I have also decided to start buying some of my own groceries, such as more fresh fruit, we never seem to have enough of that in the house. Also, I'm wondering, is dried fruit ok for a healthy snack? If not, what are some healthy snacks?

Ok, that's about it for now.  

Kay-VW

Kay-VW

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:07 pm
Time for another update. ^_^

Since the last time I weighed myself, I have lost ten pounds. ^__^

Summers been going good for me so far. I've been out at the farm more often, we spend the weekends out at the farm every weekend, so I've been out there a lot more often, so more exercise for me.

Well, that's really about it for now.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:28 pm
Ok, well, this hasn't been updated in awhile. sweatdrop

Not good. D: I have been very very lazy all summer, and I currently weigh more now than I ever have before. T__T I can't seem to ever find the motivation to get up and get going. I want to lose weight, but I never seem able to keep going. And I have also been quite depressed lately, and it comes and goes despite my best efforts to keep it away, and I never seem to want to do anything anymore. D:

I'm currently about to start my first year of college, and I want to try to change things. To start with I want to try to work on a healthier diet. But, I am, at the moment, jobless. So my money for the moment is very limited. I'm working on trying to find a job so hopefully that will change. About the healthier diet so far, not going very good. I've had nothing to drink but soda the past couple of days sweatdrop , and have nothing but junk food around at the moment.

I really need to work on this. D:  

Kay-VW

United Paper People

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:24 pm
Firstly, welcome back.

Reading over your journal, there are a lot of extreme high points and extreme low points. But it's good that you've updated, and still want to make a fresh start. Yes, it is mostly a mental struggle. If you decide you want an online support-buddy sort of person, feel free to PM me.

And I totally understand that money is a big issue for a lot of people. There are healthy foods that are less expensive than junk food, but there are also some very costly healthy foods as well, so it can be really difficult. Exactly what foods do you have, if you don't mind my asking?

Have you seen anyone about the depression? And, do you feel it's related to other sorts of personal issues, or do you think it could be linked to your diet? I don't know a lot, but I do know that what people eat can really influence their moods.

And I wish you all the best of luck with your job-searching.

Every weight-loss attempt, I'd get in those moods where I'd just want to give up on it. I think what's stopped me this time is keeping in mind how much better I feel when I'm eating/doing healthier things. I think I used to have a tendency to forget.

If it's absoloutley financially impossible to change what you're eating, I still suggest starting to excercise- even if it's just for a short amount of time. Nothing extreme. Just put some time aside- today, tomorrow, or as soon as possible, and go for a walk, by yourself, or with a friend -even if it's just to get from A to B- or a swim somewhere if it's warm weather... or even just putting on some music and dancing for a while. Force yourself to do it. You might hate every second of it (in which case it's not very much time out of your life), but there's also the chance it will make you feel better.
You never know, it might lift your mood.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:09 pm
My boyfriend was depressed for a while, then he bought daily mens multivitamins and after taking them, he felt energized and happy throughout the day. He jokes and says vitamins make a good antidepressant and has concluded that he was depressed because he was malnourished. So, make sure you are getting enough vitamins and nutrients, or you can buy a womens daily multivitamin.

Also, I always suggest getting enough sunshine. Sunlight provides vitamin D, which your body turns it into serotonin (happy chemical) which can make you feel happier.

I also heard that fruits (berries in particular) can lower stress and anxiety much better than sugary chocolates and sweets because fruits don't make you crash. So maybe eating fruits might make you feel somewhat happier.

I can relate to wanting to quit diets and never taking them seriously. For about 4-7 years, I've been doing nothing but gaining weight. Sometimes I start a diet, but am not prepared or well equipped. Then I would just give up and gain some more weight. The highest I've been is 197 and I'm 5' 5.5". When I first saw that number on the scale...I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe how lazy I had gotten and how I just let myself go. Now I'm trying very hard to lose all this weight and am making slow progress...it's progress none the less.

Exercising has helped A LOT! I started running for a few weeks, but now with school and work, I only have time to walk in my PE class.....hey! If you are having trouble staying motivated to exercise, take a PE class at your local community college. This way, it'll be a responsibility attending class everyday. I'm currently in a walking for fitness class but I'm sure they have womens conditioning, aerobics, running for fitness, kick boxing, and even karete classes.

Best of luck to you  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Kay-VW

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:44 pm
Really need to remember to update this more often.

Anywho, really haven't lost any weight these past few months, and have gained a little more weight >_< Not good. Well, I've been pretty busy with my first year of college. But, I'll be done with one of my classes soon, so I'll have some more time hopefully to maybe to do some walking or something. Need to work on my eating habits a little more, still have my bad habit of eating when I'm bored. Need to try to eat more healthy too. I've been drinking a ton of water lately in stead of pop or juice so that certainly helps some.

Well, that's about it for now.  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces