Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thy Heavenly Yard

Duck

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:03 am
i say expressionism  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:43 pm
Neither really, I find that my moods affect how well I play, how fast etc. but I don't "attempt to bare ones soul". I don't really "capture impressions" either. To me expressionism and impressionism can occur simultaneously in music.  

Doodle2215

bonitachocolat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:15 am
I feel that I'm mostly impressionist but a bit of an expressionist. I try my hardest to make use as few chords as possible and to be as simple as possible-hence the non-complicated/detailed part of my music. The main focus is my voice. But at the same time, I love singing my heart out and I try to make my songs stories.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:25 pm
Expressionism by far... I don't like to make impressions of anything or imitate anything in music... My music is all and only my soul and my feelings which is what makes it unique  

Only Shades of Gray

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conversationalist 100

C0FFIN

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:38 pm
Kaio-Leucitius

EXPRESSIONISM: The broad term that describes emotional art, most often boldly executed and making free use of distortion and symbolic or invented color. Expressionism is the art that is used to attempt to bare ones soul.

IMPRESSIONISM: Impressionism in painting refers to a style that uses bold brush strokes to capture the escence of a subject without so much focus on detail or complicated technique. It is the artists immediate "impression" of something. So impressionism in music is often imitations of actual things. The band Pelican is somewhat impressionistic to me because their songs capture the feel of forces of nature. many impressionist musicians do not get enough credit because their music is so easy to learn and play.
User Image
Praise to Him With Strings...

Those are abstract styles of the early 19th century... and are no longer practiced at all.

...oh, by the way I'm Awesome!
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:04 pm
that ones really easy for me i am definitely an expressionist i write when ever i am feeling strong emotions and my music has a lot of emotion to it.  

Arc En Licorne

5,300 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100

A B Up Start

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:47 pm
C0FFIN
Kaio-Leucitius

EXPRESSIONISM: The broad term that describes emotional art, most often boldly executed and making free use of distortion and symbolic or invented color. Expressionism is the art that is used to attempt to bare ones soul.

IMPRESSIONISM: Impressionism in painting refers to a style that uses bold brush strokes to capture the escence of a subject without so much focus on detail or complicated technique. It is the artists immediate "impression" of something. So impressionism in music is often imitations of actual things. The band Pelican is somewhat impressionistic to me because their songs capture the feel of forces of nature. many impressionist musicians do not get enough credit because their music is so easy to learn and play.
User Image
Praise to Him With Strings...

Those are abstract styles of the early 19th century... and are no longer practiced at all.

...oh, by the way I'm Awesome!
User Image

ditto.
this thread always bothered me every time it was brought back up  
The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items