Submit

Would L be a good boyfriend?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Rei ojou-sama

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:38 am
Naomi the Fox
Nope. L couldn't possibly be a good boyfriend..

He's got zero social skills, and lies way more than you should in a relationship. He has no friends(Except maybe Watari), and most likely never showers.

Admit it, in real life, you ladies(And possibly some gents) would be repulsed. Most likely, you will think he is a hobo or a sex offender or something(I know I would).

Really, that being said, if he did manage to get a girl, she would most likely share his intellegence, have a metric ******** of quirks, and be a lying, conniving criminal. Someone who will do whatever it takes to get what she wants, in other words, a female version of L himself.

(Ir maybe he would date that Linda kid from Wammy's, but it's impossible, as L never had any contact with the Wammy children, except through a computer screen, and that was only once.)

Nicely put. I agree with you completely and I have said on a number of occasions how it makes me sick how many L fans would hate, ostracize, or verbally abuse someone if they actually acted like L in real life.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:36 am
All that has been said about L being a good or bad boyfriend is true, he is anti-social and kinda gross, and a liar and really smart, but it does not nesseccarily mean that he would want a girl like himself.
I would like to point out the fact that yes a girl like that could be attracted to L, but that DOES NOT mean that L would be attracted to her........
L seemed, to me, to have a bit of an imfatuation with Misa. Yes, she is annoying and too girly for her to like L, but that DOES NOT mean he has no attration to her type. She could very well be his type, and as they say, opposites attract.  

Reiyuki Kumori

Naomi Baine

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:40 pm
Rei ojou-sama
Nicely put. I agree with you completely and I have said on a number of occasions how it makes me sick how many L fans would hate, ostracize, or verbally abuse someone if they actually acted like L in real life.

Ah! Finally someone who totally understands how I feel in this matter. :]

Really, would anyone want to date someone with zero personal hygene or basic social skills?

I thought so.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:44 pm
Rocker_blah
yea i see.
but what if he was like that but was also honest and truly in love with one girl. Who would she be? and dont say yourself unless you have a really good reason.

well, I would say she would be from the Wammy house just like L, and would have a weird personality, but would be quiet and shy. She would probably be able to bake delicious cakes. 3nodding  

one_smart_cucumber

Rocker_blah

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:05 pm
yes i see your point with hygene.
L said himself in the show that he could possibly fall for misa so yea some opposites do attract but not necessarily everyone though.
But L is kinda different from most people because not all people like him are smart and clever. & it didnt say that L never showered or anything so you wouldnt necessarily know if he had bad hygene or not.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:56 pm
Any who i think L would be a great bf.  

Rocker_blah

Persistence_of_Memory

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:33 pm
I couldn't see L being a very good boyfriend. He'd be cold and aloof...not to mention that he probably doesn't shower.
It would be hard for him to find a girl who was his intellectual equal, if that was what he was into. He seemed to like Misa quite a bit, so maybe he just likes pretty girls...
But he has the potential to be verbally abusive to a girl who isn't as smart as he is. And that would pretty much translate to everybody.
And what if he got bored with his girlfriend? Something has to really interest him to interest him at all. I don't know if that would carry over from his hobbies to his personal life...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:29 pm
I think in that case L would need to have a pretty girl who is as smart as he is.  

Reiyuki Kumori

Rocker_blah

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:07 pm
i dont think he'd be verbelly abusive hes just straight forward to everyone of course he'd be straight forward to his gf too. even though misa isnt as smart as him he still likes her. so she doesnt nessacerely have to be smart to be able to be his gf. Even if he only goes for looks maybe later on he'd learn its more than looks he needs to look for.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:07 pm
Well, if L had a girlfriend..his girlfriend would be someone with a lot of sweets and someone as smart as he his. A girlfriend that is similar to him.  

Kameko sama

ThreeBooksInTheFire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:32 pm
*nervous laugh* Be prepared for ultimate fan-girl/fan-fiction writer's imagination.

In my fic... L already has a girlfriend.

I never really made it clear on how they met, but Alyssa was working with him on the Kira case shortly after being kicked out of FMA (don't ask.). She was mute, and cute, and my avatar is based after her if you want to know. She doesn't have much basic teaching but her logic makes up for that. She has a memory like... Something that's very sticky, and is basically awesome.

She acts natural with him even though he's usually silent, writing notes and such, and trying to make him eat normal food (comic relief alert). Neither of them notice it happening, but they fit well enough together that they end up being a couple.

^_^ YAY FOR RANDOM IMAGINATION!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:06 pm
alot of sweets would probably help.

hmm thats interesting. but how would they last with her mute like that? what if L liked a more talkative type like Misa?  

Rocker_blah

Rocker_blah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:59 pm
hey thats a nice story. i think i'll draw that & i'll send you the pics if you dont mind.
so this happens in the middle of the story im guessing cuz if it didnt how would light be able to do that. well yea the philosopher stone would be able to but it wouldnt make sense in the story.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:58 pm
Well... he was a fan of Misa-Misa, and that combined with his cute little desserts makes me think that he would like a tiny, girly woman.  

Kasumi Ocada

Smitten Citizen

6,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Contributor 150

Rocker_blah

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:37 pm
that would be a good choice. since hes into misa im pretty sure he wouldnt want a big girl to look at.  
The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff