Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Welcome and Intro's~ Now with Piccy's! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlinkyTheRed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:37 pm
Alright, so I should introduce myself.

You can call me Blinky. I'm an 18 year old sophomore in college. (It's complicated.) I skipped the last two years of highschool.

My first semester and a half here-- I gained 25 pounds. From 162-ish to 187-ish. Talk about depressing. I worked really hard and was able to get back down to 173 ish, for the first day or two of classes last semester (fall 04).

Now I'm up in the 180s again, not sure exactly where.. (all scales are different, and I always forget to weigh in the morning..)

I'm 5'4" by the way (to give those stats some meaning).

I have all new motivation to lose weight and I really want to get some support from people who have a lot in common with me.

Good luck everybody <3 I hope to reach my first goal of 160 soon!

Some pictures..

http://blinkythered.com/photo/dj stand.JPG

That's me DJing. (girl with yellow shirt, listening to headphones. recent picture.)

http://blinkythered.com/photo/ohh yes elena.JPG

DJs like to dance too. Horrible picture.

I looked so ugly that day, but whatever, I dont have any other body-pics I don't think..  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:18 pm
welcome aboard blinky!

post lots and lots! heart wink  

Grip of Death
Crew

Aeren
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:21 pm
Welcome Blinky! Glad to have you. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, and jump in wherever you see fit, jus tdon't be afraid to post.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:24 am
Thanks both of you! heart  

BlinkyTheRed

onnawaffle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:22 am
Okay I've been around here for a little while but I've been so dead that I feel I should almost introduce myself again.

So hi, I'm zim though most people on Gaia call me Lady or Leo. (The first time I introduced myself my sn was ladyavila anyway.) I was dieting so well and then when I walked out of the job I'd had for four (or five, depending on how you look at it) years I just quit. That was over a month ago and I've started a new and much better job, but with that job came weight.

I'm 5'2" and at 135 pounds, not fat but not exactly great for someone who is short. And to make matters worse I'm wearing a belly baring shirt at the end of May so I need to at least get back to where I can look decent "sucking it in". Thankfully with a combination of that and yoga posture I can make a slightly flabby tummy look pretty good for pictures. *L* It's a gift! I just need to get back to "slightly flabby"!

I was using Yourself!Fitness for Xbox (also available for PS2 and PC) and recommend it even though I fell off the wagon. Sadly I'm going to have to start over b/c I've definately lost whatever muscle and stamina I had gained. Ah well, you live you learn right?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:11 pm
hey y'all! You can call me Indie or Jenna, which ever suits your calling. smile I joined up because I'm also struggling with losing weight. I've always been large (or pleasingly plump as my father says - lol... i tell him that's worse than just saying fat!) THe past couple years has been particularly hard (with having to give up soccer - which I played for 16 years) and my vice is food. I work out, but it's my eating habits that I have to force a change in. I hope to find some useful tips and support here... as well as be able to help others!

...wow.... i can ramble... :p  

Indie_Marauder

Aeren
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:30 pm
welcome!

yes, i totally understand the food thing. food is my downfall. i enjoy myself a good workout. but i can't seem to give up food  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:30 am
I'm Kessa. I've been working to lose 15 lbs for a long time but can't seem to ever lose it. I do exercise by dancing and playing DDR, but it's just not enough appearently. I do small amounts of other exercises, but again not often enough. My eating habits are the worst of all, I love things like fatty fries from my school cafetaria and chocolate and everything else nasty. I try to eat healthy but sometimes have a hard time because the majority of food in our house is unhealthy. So now that the summer is comming up I want to work hard to lose than 15 lbs before i'm forced into a swim suit and showing off my bad habits in a teeny bikini! crying xp

That and it would be nice to be healthy xd This guild looks like it will be very motivational. whee

Kessachan

Scarlet Sayuri

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:36 am
It looks like this is a fairly quiet guild, but I'm hoping to add a little bit more life to it (although it's hard to be the only one posting sometimes!). My name is Scarlet Sayuri, or Mindy irl. I'm 21, 5 foot 6, and weigh about 225 pounds. Ugh. That's probably the first time I've said that "out loud". I've been married for a year and a half and in that time I gained about 40 pounds. Considering I was the heaviest I had ever been at the wedding, it has only gotten worse. I moved from Oregon to Canada, and because I've been dealing with immigration I haven't been able to work or go to school, so I spend way too much time (all of it) at home, watching TV, playing on my computer, or doing art-related projects (drawing, scrapbooking, etc). I do NOTHING. And I know I should be more active, but it's much easier said than done. I have the means and ability to work out and eat healthier (since I'm the one that does the most grocery shopping) but it's still hard. I was starting to play DDR all the time, but then our PS2 broke, and I'm waiting for it to get fixed. In the meantime, I'm doing nothing. I think about taking walks all the time, or doing Pilates or Yoga, but I never end up doing it and sit down doing nothing instead. It's annoying. My hubby reminds me that I need to get more active, kindly, and tells himself that too, but he's not doing anything either, so it's hard to consider that motivation! I'm all for the help, advice, comfort, support, etc.. I'd love to make it down to 150 again .. especially since NONE of my clothes fit anymore!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:39 pm
Hiya all! I'm Mikono, you can call me Miko, Mikono, or even Kochan (which is my RP name). The past couple of years have been most stressful for me, and i can't help but think that if i lost weight it would be alot easier. Ya know, easier to find cloths that look good, harder for people to pick on me, easier to find a boyfriend. 3nodding

Anywho, i'm 15, and, last i checked, about 200 pounds. Now that its bathing suit weather, i reach for my boy's board shorts and a large teeshirt to cover my swimsuit unless i'm with just my close friends. My other thing is that alot of my friends are in track, and i don't know if you've ever seen a track member eat, but they eat. Alot. and yet, they stay like.. *holds fingers close together* this big. It can be really hard to control portions around them, but at least we eat at fresh choice normally so i have mostly salad. I have a gym membership, but i don't have a ride there most of the time... so i don't go that often.

I don't really have a goal, i'd just like to fit in the gaia teeshirt my friend bought me (which is too small, but not *too* much too small) and not be a size larger then my mom. In the long run, i'd really like to look good in a bathing suit.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

DKMaester

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:44 pm
Hi.My name is David but I like to be called DK.Im 15 years old,weight about 140-145 pound and 5'5'' of height.I walk 4-6 times a week (just got a treadmill blaugh ) an hour or two for 2 to 6 miles depending on my mood cool .I have already come a long way.When I was in 8th grade and 12-13 years old i my height was 5'4'' and my weight was about 200 pounds exclaim

I decided to start a diet when one of my friends started one(he went to a profesional i did not).It was a low carb diet.I started one myself and in one month with it and just a little walking i lost 20 pounds but i sufered so much.No bread, no juice, no milk, no spageti(sp?), no soup, no nothing. I had a huge motivation at the time otherwise i wouldnt have, basicly, starved myself.It was awfull crying .

I was so happy when i got to 175-180 pounds but i knew I had to keep going but not like that confused .So i tried the special k diet.I was a lot less hard but still not easy,no diet is easy.So again with just a little walking i lost 15 pounds in one month exclaim I was trully surprised it worked but it did so i was at 160-165 pounds.Then i lost my motivation and stoped dieting.

It has been two years since that happened and with a little gym here and there and some extremely-short but extremely-numerous diets i have gotten myself to 140-145 pounds.I just have about ten or so to go. So wish me luck and good luck to everyone. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:22 pm
welcome all you new members. im stoked that you are willing to share with us and i hope you post lots on the boards!  

Aeren
Crew

Ixax

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:04 pm
DK! This is such an inspiring story! Thanks for sharing it with us. It reminds me of a story I heard about a kid who lost weight because he followed this rule: He could watch as much tv as he wanted, he just had to walk on the treadmill while he watched it! Now, if only I could do that at the computer....  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:07 am
Hi everyone. I'm 5'8 and now 203lbs...wow gonk . I started the diet when I hit 230 and a size 22. Yeah, I know. But it's been a long time coming. Back when I lived in germany three years ago I hit the 200lb mark for the first time. Three years before that I came to the UK weighing 180. Eventually I'd like to get down to 167, which the lovely calculators assure me is right for my frame. I've been dieting for about two and a half months now.

However, I fear I have hit a plateu. I have this problem with eating. I never ever eat (it used to be as bad as 200 calories a day, now I'm trying to force myself up to a 1000) which means my metabolism is mush. I don't think the strength workouts I do twice a week help because there's no muscel for them to build on! I do heavy cardio (cardiovascular hear rate zone for about 6 hrs straight three times a week) and the other days walk or run for 30 minutes, but somehow I can't break the plateu. I wanted to reach my goal by November, but now I'm just not sure.  

Papple

SheenaFubayashi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:17 pm
Hi, my name is Sheena, and I am tubby!

I am currently pregnant, and am expecting in April. I am gaining at a great rate, and I feel like I need to lose some.

So, I just wanted to say hey! ^_^  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games